Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2013, 12:01 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
My credibility is shot? Lol, sorry boi. I guess we feel the same about each other now. Looks like we're both just overly enthusiastic cheerleaders for our respected cities now.. So be it, I love Houston.

That last canyon picture you posted was the closest canyon shot you've posted, it just lacks any sort of canyon wall between Commercia and BOA on the left side. You cant get a canyon effect from just 2 tall buildings across the street from each other with a couple other tall buildings a few blocks down the street.. Ah well ill give it to you for trying.
Don't act like Im asking your approval on if its a canyon effect...I kNOW IT IS......the canyon wall starts at the freeway up to this point..that little break on the left is just that.... a break in the wall. Dallas is not big as Houston so its on a smaller scale with the same effect.

Old 09-24-2013, 12:01 PM

568 posts, read 901,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
who are you?...and better yet who asked you?
Nice retort. I guess you didn't have a rebuttal on being called out for a being a pot calling the kettle black.

Old 09-24-2013, 12:26 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Getting a little chippy in here.

Old 09-24-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsatyr View Post
Nice retort. I guess you didn't have a rebuttal on being called out for a being a pot calling the kettle black.
I rebutted that when i posted the pictures of the parking lots.

Old 09-24-2013, 01:01 PM

568 posts, read 901,601 times
Quote:
Comprehension fail.

Old 09-24-2013, 02:33 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,671 times
Quote:
Don't act like Im asking your approval on if its a canyon effect...I kNOW IT IS......the canyon wall starts at the freeway up to this point..that little break on the left is just that.... a break in the wall. Dallas is not big as Houston so its on a smaller scale with the same effect.
I never said you were asking my approval, I was just stating my opinion, just as you are stating yours. You "know" it is while I "know" Houston clear winner in this skyline argument.
I agree it's on a smaller scale, but definitely not the same effect. Just setting you straight, no need to take it personally.
Quote:
You mean the pictures from the 1970s before Houston started booming?

Old 09-24-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsatyr View Post
Comprehension fail.
Yeah...on your part.

Old 09-24-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
I never said you were asking my approval, I was just stating my opinion, just as you are stating yours. You "know" it is while I "know" Houston clear winner in this skyline argument.
I agree it's on a smaller scale, but definitely not the same effect. Just setting you straight, no need to take it personally.

You mean the pictures from the 1970s before Houston started booming?
And whats the argument?..That Houston Has Taller Buildings?...WE ALL KNOW THAT!!
Anything else Dallas wins..sorry

Old 09-24-2013, 02:52 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,671 times
Quote:
And whats the argument?..That Houston Has Taller Buildings?...WE ALL KNOW THAT!!
Anything else Dallas wins..sorry
Lol your so ignorant towards other cities it amazes me.. Dallas has houston beat in like 2 things.. Better lighting, and better rail. Unless you want to start throwing in more pretentious, faker, ect, but I don't think you care to claim those titles. Houston is the clear winner when it comes to anything skyscraper related (trying to stay on topic).. Way more skyscrapers, over 100 more high rises, more skylines, and better architecture.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Lol your so ignorant towards other cities it amazes me.. Dallas has houston beat in like 2 things.. Better lighting, and better rail. Unless you want to start throwing in more pretentious, faker, ect, but I don't think you care to claim those titles. Houston is the clear winner when it comes to anything skyscraper related (trying to stay on topic).. Way more skyscrapers, over 100 more high rises, more skylines, and better architecture.
Listen to yourself....you are a rediculous sandwich on rye bread.

More,More,More,More, More= thrown together bland tall beige boxes as far as the eye can see.

You made that up..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas