Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 08:55 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,298,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
What is with everyone and this word IGNORANT? They slap it around as if they are any better than the person they are talking too.

Someone walked into a TEXAS forum puts the state down and the people, and someone stands up to defend it and the best you can do is call them Ignorant.. I bet you don't even know what the word means.. hell you cant even spell it correctly.

I dont see anything in his statement that gives Texas a bad name.. He is a Proud Texan standing up for his state and his people. Give us a break would ya Canine?
You're very right; I did spell it incorrectly, but I assure you it was a typo. Gosh, that irritates me when I mess up with my grammar and spelling. Before you pick on my typo, you should reread your post for errors.

I think it is ignorant when people swear, like they don't know any other word to use in its place. I guess you didn't get it, but I was defending Texans who post with substance, and I still believe he gives most Texans a bad name. If you want to really find ignorance in the post, just read it and leave out the swear word.

For the sake of your disdain for the ignorant word, how about rude? That'll fit as well. Yes, the person who prompted his answer was rude as well, but why should Texans have to stoop to that level?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 09:06 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,985,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
You're very right; I did spell it incorrectly, but I assure you it was a typo. Gosh, that irritates me when I mess up with my grammar and spelling. Before you pick on my typo, you should reread your post for errors.

I think it is ignorant when people swear, like they don't know any other word to use in its place. I guess you didn't get it, but I was defending Texans who post with substance, and I still believe he gives most Texans a bad name. If you want to really find ignorance in the post, just read it and leave out the swear word.

For the sake of your disdain for the ignorant word, how about rude? That'll fit as well.
ig·no·rant (gnr-nt)adj.1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

-=-=-=-=-=-

rude Adjective
1. insulting or impolite
2. vulgar or obscene: rude words
3. unexpected and unpleasant: we received a rude awakening
4. roughly or crudely made: the rude hovels
5. robust or sturdy: the very picture of rude health
6. lacking refinement [Latin rudis]

The two words are no where related.. so that only proves my point that you have no clue what your talking about. You use Ignorant as an insult, slap big words around you don't understand and then want to judge my grammar.

As for any errors I may make.. I don't give a rats patooey. I am not so anal to care for grammar or spelling.. as long as you get your point across, and its readable. I was making a point that you have no clue what IGNORANT means and proving that point by showing your lack of spelling the word correctly.

Swearing is part of human language, some of the most powerful words are curse words. They get the meaning across in a short direct manner.

You were not defending anyone, you took an opportunity to show your buttocks, and attack another forum poster because you did not agree with what he had to say.. You admit to as much in you reply quoted in this post here. You wanted to insult and attack the poster by using the word Ignorant.

But I digress.. I am wasting far too much time on you and this new topic we have instead of the Original Posters intentions. Good day.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:14 AM

Obviously we disagree about swear words and grammar. Ignorant and rude are not synonymous, but the poster's post, nevertheless, were both. Your attacks on me, I'm sure, are due to the fact that I mentioned on another thread you were being rude. So if it makes you feel better, that's okay by me. You're the winner of this game you're playing as I dislike games nearly as much as I dislike swearing and poor writing.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:10 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,985,190 times
Then I may suggest you avoid public forums, you'll only be upset most of the time. Public forums are full of improper grammar, spelling, and chock full of games. So to save your sanity.. and pick a new hobby. I understand Stamp collecting is rather enjoyable.. give that a try.

I have not attacked you, I simply asked you to give us a break.. I even tried to help you by posting what IGNORANT means, since it seemed you had no idea the word you were tossing around meant.

I will even help you once again.. here is a link to get you started on your new hobby. I help because I care..

American Philatelic Society

Old 11-08-2008, 01:41 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,269,757 times
Quote:
Comments like you've made are what gives Texans a bad name. It really does sound so very ignornant.
Well, if it bothers you that much you might try closing your eyes when you see my name!

And I think my reply fit right into to the OP's putting down Texans!

Have you even bothered to read this whole thread?

Old 11-08-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Obviously we disagree about swear words and grammar. Ignorant and rude are not synonymous, but the poster's post, nevertheless, were both. Your attacks on me, I'm sure, are due to the fact that I mentioned on another thread you were being rude. So if it makes you feel better, that's okay by me. You're the winner of this game you're playing as I dislike games nearly as much as I dislike swearing and poor writing.
Maybe if you would just join in with us and stop worrying about how we rite and we swear we may just get along gosh dang it ...

I thought everyone had an "ass" !

Sorry if you don't like the way I defend the state I was born in and its people!

Old 11-08-2008, 04:30 PM

You're right; I need to get off the grammar kick and if you want to swear, who am I to correct you? We're all different; Heaven help us if everyone were like I am. Boring......... I guess I'm just getting too old and nasty. My apologies.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:28 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,588,743 times
In response to the OP of this thread, and anyone else who thinks living in a blue state equates to joyful abundance and incredible education, I offer this link:

Schwarzenegger calls for sales tax hike, cuts in services - Los Angeles Times

wherein huge sales tax and fee increases are proposed, in addition to slashing funds for essential services, such as education and health care. Just another item to put in my pro-Texas column....

Old 11-08-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
You're right; I need to get off the grammar kick and if you want to swear, who am I to correct you? We're all different; Heaven help us if everyone were like I am. Boring......... I guess I'm just getting too old and nasty. My apologies.

And I thought I did such good job on it . (;>(=

"If you think so little of us or we texans, ya know it don't be to far two nu york citty."
"Don't let the door hit you in ass on the way out!"

Old 11-08-2008, 07:13 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,500,916 times
Quote:
"You kids get off of my yard!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas