Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2014, 09:06 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,566,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy1953 View Post
Houston has a reputation lower than low and bragging only makes it worse. No one will appreciate the city until it becomes gentle and human at the lowest level. city of man.
errr. what? its clear you havent spent any significant amount of time in Houston and came to your conclusions from old stereotypes and overly opinionated people like me speaking out for my city on the forums.. Houstonians are some of the most humble and laid back people in the state. and i dont think any city in Texas compares to the much older/established foreign cities. we do things differently around here, as you should know after 61 years of living here...

Old 06-03-2014, 09:10 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,455,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
84.4% would return to Rice while only 60.5% would return to SMU. That's a significant difference.

Southern Methodist University (StudentsReview) - College Reviews Summary, Student Opinion, Tuition, Application, Sports
WOW......that's some reeeeeallly important stuff!!!!!!! ...............................

Old 06-03-2014, 09:16 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,566,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
I think a lot of it is just excitement toward the renewal of Dallas' urban core and it is something new and groundbreaking for this area. I'm sure people here realize it has probably been done in other places around the world. They've even capped 670 back home in Columbus with shops, restaurants to link the Short North district with the Convention Center/Downtown, but I was still excited about Klyde Warren Park here in Dallas. Let's not crap on people's excitement. Share it with them.
haha, fair enough.. you are right. for the record, i too was excited for Dallas when they got Klyde Warren. its doing wonders for the core of the city and is a great use of space. ive enjoyed myself each time ive visited KWP too, but it was the random postings on the internet hyping up the park as some new innovative master achievement/feat of engineering that irked me.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:20 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,784,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Let's not crap on people's excitement. Share it with them.
Hopefully, lesson learned.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:22 PM

638 posts, read 569,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
tell me again how you supposably "love Houston" after all that trash talk..
are you ready to listen.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:50 PM
BCB

Houston's branding video was released today, and I can't say it was great.
Dallas' video was released nearly a year ago.

Which one do y'all like more?

Houston

[vimeo]70898479[/vimeo]

Old 06-03-2014, 10:00 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,001,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB View Post
Houston's branding video was released today, and I can't say it was great.
Dallas' video was released nearly a year ago.

Which one do y'all like more?

Houston

Several key misleading things I saw going on there:

Largest light rail in US - It didn't mention the poor ridership numbers, but yes you have the longest, most sprawled out rail system Dallas.

World's 4th busiest airport - Wrong, that would be Tokyo. D/FW ranks 8th.

#1 tourist destination in Texas - Wrong again, that would be San Antonio

Best public high school in America - LOL Just where would that be? DISD is horrible.

Dallas boasted false claims & their director needs to be canned. I called it before I even watched it.

Last edited by Metro Matt; 06-03-2014 at 10:10 PM..

Old 06-03-2014, 10:02 PM

638 posts, read 569,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
errr. what? its clear you havent spent any significant amount of time in Houston and came to your conclusions from old stereotypes and overly opinionated people like me speaking out for my city on the forums.. Houstonians are some of the most humble and laid back people in the state. and i dont think any city in Texas compares to the much older/established foreign cities. we do things differently around here, as you should know after 61 years of living here...
you just made a very strong point. build on your soft humanity. relate.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:12 PM

6,697 posts, read 9,952,165 times
Quote:

Largest light rail in US - It didn't mention the poor ridership numbers, but yes you have the longest Dallas.

World's 4th busiest airport - Wrong, that would be Tokyo.

Best public high school in America - LOL where would that be? DISD is horrible.
You a hater!

Have you ever heard of Townview Magnet Center??? Please find a public school that's rated higher.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:13 PM
BCB

Quote:

World's 4th busiest airport - Wrong, that would be Tokyo.
No, you are wrong.

Total operations

Quote:
Wrong, again.

Both metros host 30 million visitors a year.

Dallas
San Antonio

Quote:
Best public high school in America - LOL where would that be? DISD is horrible.
The fact that you don't know, yet let on like you know everything about Dallas is very contradictory.

School for the Gifted and Talented is no. 1 in the nation.

Nice try, Metro Matt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas