Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2013, 06:33 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,959,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
And Gregg Abbott will be in, so what ? Even if the Democrats do win (which is doubtful) the economic interest of the state will trump any regional loyalty some Governor may have. I mean where is Perry from? Not Houston.....
Republicans aren't winning. Get use to saying Governor Davis.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:39 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,790,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Republicans aren't winning. Get use to saying Governor Davis.
Either way, it's a win, win for N Texas as far as governors go.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:40 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,324,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I Still think the route should include a bypass/alternate route instead of straight through the loop.
Grand Parkway and the Beltway..

Old 08-12-2013, 07:05 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,959,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollaztx View Post
Either way, it's a win, win for N Texas as far as governors go.
Will NT receive special benefits or something?

Old 08-12-2013, 07:12 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,844,320 times
Quote:
Will NT receive special benefits or something?
Nope we plan to gang up with our I 35 brethren to make sure I 69 is never funded.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:15 PM

6,292 posts, read 7,504,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Lol Greg Abott is from Whicita Falls. I doubt he will give a rats about the I 69 project being a native North Texan.
Rick Perry is also a native North Texan look it up. Also Abbott started his political career in the Houston area he has closer ties to Houston than Perry.

Abbott’s political career began in Houston, where he served as a state trial judge in the 129th District Court for three years.

Greg Abbott - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you want somebody with no ties to Houston try Wendy Davis or whoever the Democrats nominate, or maybe some 3rd party candidate.

Your regional bias is going to get the best of you.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:17 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,377,746 times
Quote:
Funds can still be sent. Hopefully when Wendy Davis becomes our next governor, she won't show envy like her fellow DFWers and continue asking the feds for 69 funds. We want jobs created right?
Where exactly will these jobs be created? Myself and possibly many other people along the I-35 corridor westward may feel we do not need to allocate billions of state dollars to help create another Trans-American highway. I-35 already connects Mexico to Canada and benefits a large portion of the state's populous.

The Port of Houston has adequate northern access via I-45 or I-10 east to I-55 and I-59.

I would prefer my tax dollars be spent on upgrading the state's existing infrastructure. Universities, public schools, bridges, crumbling highways, better water conservation efforts. Invest in a Spaceport for the Houston area or in South or West Texas. How about high-speed rail along the Texas Triangle.

We can be a lot more creative with $16B in creating jobs without having to build a new interstate highway.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Nope we plan to gang up with our I 35 brethren to make sure I 69 is never funded.
I think Austinites may actually like the idea that some of the traffic off I-35 straight through the middle of their city, may be diverted to I-69. Especially that heavy truck traffic that Austin is not really benefitting from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
Where exactly will these jobs be created? Myself and possibly many other people along the I-35 corridor westward may feel we do not need to allocate billions of state dollars to help create another Trans-American highway. I-35 already connects Mexico to Canada and benefits a large portion of the state's populous.

The Port of Houston has adequate northern access via I-45 or I-10 east to I-55 and I-59.

I would prefer my tax dollars be spent on upgrading the state's existing infrastructure. Universities, public schools, bridges, crumbling highways, better water conservation efforts. Invest in a Spaceport for the Houston area or in South or West Texas. How about high-speed rail along the Texas Triangle.

We can be a lot more creative with $16B in creating jobs without having to build a new interstate highway.
Population and traffic growth
Texas grew by 4.3 million people between 2000 and 2010, an increase of 20.6%. The counties along the
I-69 Texas system grew even more, by 23%, and have 8 million residents. Some counties along the I-69 system had population increases over 50% from the 2000 to the 2010 Census. Ports along the Texas Gulf Coast and inland ports on the Texas-Mexico border anticipate a dramatic increase of cargo in the coming years.

Interstate 69 - Driven by Texans

This is not some build it and they will come fantasy, many of the towns and cities along this route need these upgrades to continue their growth.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:09 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,377,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
I think Austinites may actually like the idea that some of the traffic off I-35 straight through the middle of their city, may be diverted to I-69. Especially that heavy truck traffic that Austin is not really benefitting from.

Population and traffic growth
Texas grew by 4.3 million people between 2000 and 2010, an increase of 20.6%. The counties along the
I-69 Texas system grew even more, by 23%, and have 8 million residents. Some counties along the I-69 system had population increases over 50% from the 2000 to the 2010 Census. Ports along the Texas Gulf Coast and inland ports on the Texas-Mexico border anticipate a dramatic increase of cargo in the coming years.

Interstate 69 - Driven by Texans

This is not some build it and they will come fantasy, many of the towns and cities along this route need these upgrades to continue their growth.
I'm not closed-minded about I-69. It would benefit many people. Investing $billions into a project that you have to rely on other states doing their part for it to succeed in it's entirety, is risky. We'll see.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
I'm not closed-minded about I-69. It would benefit many people. Investing $billions into a project that you have to rely on other states doing their part for it to succeed in it's entirety, is risky. We'll see.
It will benefit many communities long before it is completed in its entirety .There are a lot of Towns and small cities, in South, and East Texas, who are looking towards I-69 to help alleviate some of their local growth issues. It appears there is a lot of momentum building around I-69 because of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas