Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2012, 07:39 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,849,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo2000 View Post
No its not. And thats one of the reasons why it will never be accepted into an athletic conference such as the Big 10 (which is comprised of all past or current AAU member schools). Nebraska recently had its AAU membership revoked but will likely regain it in the future.

These are the member schools with the dates of acceptance

Association of American Universities
My apologies... I figured OU had AAU membership...I know the PAC 12 was willing to take OU but they did not want OKST because of its poor academics.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:47 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,232,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llmrkc07 View Post
That does not look better than East Texas and you know that. Why do you guys always make North Texas seem more than what it is?? Its nice but come on guy...better than the Piney Woods in East Texas...NO.
People in Dallas ALWAYS seem to think they are bigger and better than Houston. It's like really? Talk about delusion.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:22 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,058,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Kenshi, I'm not saying the TF isn't impressive, but I doubt most people would consider it more beautiful than East Texas.
I simply stated it as my opinion and even said it may be because I lived in East Texas almost all my life and am used to the scenery there that I find the GTF more beautiful. That other guy implied I was lying to make Dallas, where I've lived for a year, look better than East Texas, where I lived for 29 years.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:48 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,352,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
I simply stated it as my opinion and even said it may be because I lived in East Texas almost all my life and am used to the scenery there that I find the GTF more beautiful. That other guy implied I was lying to make Dallas, where I've lived for a year, look better than East Texas, where I lived for 29 years.
Yes, I understand all of that.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
I understand where you are coming from. I find North Texas beautiful at times also. North Texans take good pride in their prairies, hills, lakes and cross timbers...I love the mixture of wooded grassy areas north Texas has to offer.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:22 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,058,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
I understand where you are coming from. I find North Texas beautiful at times also. North Texans take good pride in their prairies, hills, lakes and cross timbers...I love the mixture of wooded grassy areas north Texas has to offer.
Yeah. Arbor Hills has two different types of forests and prairie. I love hiking there. In East Texas, there are pine forests and cow pastures.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:29 PM

DFW is practically part of the Great Plains, so I guess it makes sense that it would be "grassier" than areas that are further east. I don't know if that's actually the case, though.

But East Texas is hard to beat. I guess I can understand how someone who is from there would be less than amused by it, but for most, it's a definitely a wonderful sight.

Davy Crockett National Forest | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgrady/814380608/ - broken link)

Old 03-19-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
DFW is practically part of the Great Plains, so I guess it makes sense that it would be "grassier" than areas that are further east. I don't know if that's actually the case, though.

But East Texas is hard to beat. I guess I can understand how someone who is from there would be less than amused by it, but for most, it's a definitely a wonderful sight.

Davy Crockett National Forest | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgrady/814380608/ - broken link)
If you notice the trees in east Texas are taller and denser...It’s hard for sun light to peak through those trees...as result grass isn't very common in wooded areas in East Texas. That’s one huge thing I noticed about Atlanta. They have these big beautiful trees and older homes but no grass...They usually substitute grass with mulch pine needles. Texans should be proud of the diversity of different vegetation we have in the state.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
If you notice the trees in east Texas are taller and denser...It’s hard for sun light to peak through those trees...as result grass isn't very common in wooded areas in East Texas. That’s one huge thing I noticed about Atlanta. They have these big beautiful trees and older homes but no grass...They usually substitute grass with mulch pine needles. Texans should be proud of the diversity of different vegetation we have in the state.
They do have grass in Atlanta, but just like East Texas, it's mixed in with a lot of acidic sand and clay.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
They do have grass in Atlanta, but just like East Texas, it's mixed in with a lot of acidic sand and clay.
Nobody literally stated Atlanta doesn't have grass. Did you read the post? Any area thats gets adequate sun light can have grass. Show me an area of the southeast that is heavily forested without much sunlight that has grass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas