Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2012, 11:11 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Nobody literally stated Atlanta doesn't have grass. Did you read the post? Any area thats gets adequate sun light can have grass. Show me an area of the southeast that is heavily forested without much sunlight that has grass.
The way you worded your post allowed me to easily misconstrue what you were saying. And I never said that you'll often find an entire yard of grass under a dense canopy of trees. I used to live in Atlanta, thank you.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:25 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,841,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
The way you worded your post allowed me to easily misconstrue what you were saying. And I never said that you'll often find an entire yard of grass under a dense canopy of trees. I used to live in Atlanta, thank you.
Whoop de do I lived in Atlanta too...Actually grew up a good part of my early childhood in Atlanta...Obviously I got some roots somewhere in the Peach State. Hell I am not claming to be an expert or nothing but I just simply pointed out some interesting geographic future's I notice that where different about the regions. You decided to come critique my statement.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:35 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
DFW is practically part of the Great Plains, so I guess it makes sense that it would be "grassier" than areas that are further east. I don't know if that's actually the case, though.

But East Texas is hard to beat. I guess I can understand how someone who is from there would be less than amused by it, but for most, it's a definitely a wonderful sight.

Davy Crockett National Forest | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgrady/814380608/ - broken link)
You see faaar more St. Augustine in East Texas than you do North Texas.

Its mainly a tropical type grass popular in the Southeastern US from Eastern Texas to the Carolinas.

I know just about every lawn on my street has St. Augustine.

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/a...ons/staug.html

Old 03-19-2012, 11:56 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,841,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post

Its mainly a tropical type grass popular in the Southeastern US from Eastern Texas to the Carolinas.

Archives | Aggie Horticulture

St. Augustine grass can grow in most regions of Texas...Nothing spectacular about what you posted. You ever been to Forest Hill, Texas or East Fort Worth specifically the Meadowbrook/Handley area much of the properties in those areas have St. Augustine grass...Most of the older more mature homes have St. Augustine grass in DFW. Trae713 lives in South Arlington. A lot of the homes out there have St. Augustine grass. The newer homes and development have Bermuda grass because number 1 it’s much cheaper than St. Augustine grass ....My mom neighbor planted St. Augustine grass and it has made it over into her yard. Within the next 5 years the whole yard will be covered with St. Augustine grass. And my mother didn't have to pay a dime for it. Besides FL got Texas beat in that department. They have St. Augustine grass everywhere including the freeways. But considering East Texas isn't growing nearly as fast as North Texas I guess you guys would have more St. Augustine grass per capita.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
You decided to come critique my statement.
Like I said, the way you worded your post made it seem like you were saying something else. Your bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post

Archives | Aggie Horticulture
Yeah, grass is just grass. I can take it or leave it, honestly.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:58 AM

149 posts, read 290,041 times
Quote:
But considering East Texas isn't growing nearly as fast as North Texas I guess you guys would have more St. Augustine grass per capita.
Splitting hairs... I know..... but lets stop the Dallas propaganda machine misinforming people.

List: Fastest-Growing U.S. Cities | LiveScience

Houston is growing faster.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:54 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecityroller View Post
Splitting hairs... I know..... but lets stop the Dallas propaganda machine misinforming people.

Yeah by an invisible smidgit......If houston plans to catch DFW it needs to grow alot faster than us...not by an un-noticable amount like whats shown in the link.....Nice try

Old 03-20-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:

I think kdogg was talking about Upper East Texas, not Houston.

I don't think growth is all that much to brag about nowadays. All it means is more traffic and more sprawl.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:26 PM

149 posts, read 290,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Yeah by an invisible smidgit......If houston plans to catch DFW it needs to grow alot faster than us...not by an un-noticable amount like whats shown in the link.....Nice try
Not arguing... just correcting your false information. Plus you made it sound like Houston wasn't even close in the growth rate of Dallas... come to find out that Houston is actually barely growing faster than the Dallas/FW metro.

Quote:
I think kdogg was talking about Upper East Texas, not Houston.

I don't think growth is all that much to brag about nowadays. All it means is more traffic and more sprawl.
You very well could be correct...but he framed the statement to possibly infer the Houston area.

And, just correcting a incorrect assertion and I agree with the more traffic and more sprawl.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:18 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Not arguing... just correcting your false information. Plus you made it sound like Houston wasn't even close in the growth rate of Dallas... come to find out that Houston is actually barely growing faster than the Dallas/FW metro.

You very well could be correct...but he framed the statement to possibly infer the Houston area.

And, just correcting a incorrect assertion and I agree with the more traffic and more sprawl.
do you comprehend what you read???..Read my post again...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas