Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2013, 11:22 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,567,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Worthian View Post
Hey Houstonians did y'all make it off the "The World's most boring cities/ The Most boring cities in the USA" list? Ha, I still remember when Houston was ranked the 2nd most boring city in the world, and Dallas did not even make the list.... I find it funny kuykendall that the "dining nowhereville" quote applies to Houston not Dallas, if actually did some research you would have noticed that Dallas has the most Shops, and Food Places per Capita than any other city in the USA (Even more than NYC which is a MEGACITY that's ranked alpha++) This is sorta out off topic but I always recall the Houston Tourism commercial where some guy says that he has seen more horses in NYC than he has seen in Houston and he has seen more Art in Houston than in NYC, well guess what? Dallas has more horses and art than NYC and Houston (Dallas has the biggest Arts District in the USA)
1) you live in ft worth.
2) you live in ft worth.

Sounds like someone's a little jealous of being outshined by big brother. Houston keeps winning accolades like best city in the us, and coolest city in the us, and even best city for shopping (so much for being the retail king, psh). "If you actually did some research"... Idk where your getting these "facts" but Juneau, ak apparently has the highest amount of restaurants per capita. Dallas (nor Houston) even were in the top 15. As for shops that's probably ludacris as well. Hey guess what? Houston has more theater seats downtown than Dallas does. Ooooo. Dallas may have a bigger theater district, but that doesn't mean it's better than the art scene in say Austin, just as even though Dallas has the biggest light rail system in the us, but it's one of the least effective (going by ridership per mile).

Old 08-06-2013, 11:23 PM

39 posts, read 49,995 times
Quote:
I have to agree with Houston on this one Houston is way better than Dallas, I mean look at its economy there ranked Beta in the world, oh wait!! Isnt Dallas Alpha? Oh nevermind take that back Houston Dallas is better, oh well atleast Houston host the state fair of Texas since its always hosted by the best city.... Oh haha my bad i meant Dallas

I don't really like troll post but ty sir, too much flame talk was happening in the skyline thread. Now maybe we can put that stuff where it belongs.

Along side great flame post like this fine one here.You did your job as a troll and I thank you sir.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:53 AM

1,473 posts, read 2,151,392 times
Quote:
I have to agree with Houston on this one Houston is way better than Dallas, I mean look at its economy there ranked Beta in the world, oh wait!! Isnt Dallas Alpha? Oh nevermind take that back Houston Dallas is better, oh well atleast Houston host the state fair of Texas since its always hosted by the best city.... Oh haha my bad i meant Dallas
You are right.. we will just have to settle for being home to one of the most important programs in the world ( Nasa), The biggest medical center in the world, Home to one of the top cancer centers in the world,plus the Menninger Foundation, and a host of other national and world reconized clinics. Yeah you guys have the texas state fair, that did about 2 600,000 plus last year right, all our little live stock show did was 2, 500,00 plus. One of the nations largest ports(wait thats right we are now 1# in tonnage now ) Its not like we have a title " like energy captial of the world, right ? But hey congrats on being alpha( on a list that chances every few years

Old 08-07-2013, 08:18 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,274,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
You are right.. we will just have to settle for being home to one of the most important programs in the world ( Nasa), The biggest medical center in the world, Home to one of the top cancer centers in the world,plus the Menninger Foundation, and a host of other national and world reconized clinics. Yeah you guys have the texas state fair, that did about 2 600,000 plus last year right, all our little live stock show did was 2, 500,000 plus. One of the nations largest ports(wait thats right we are now 1# in tonnage now ) Its not like we have a title " like energy captial of the world, right ? But hey congrats on being alpha( on a list that chances every few years
Fixed it for ya. Forgot a zero!

Old 08-07-2013, 11:31 AM

114 posts, read 200,820 times
Haha that is so weak Houstonians, so I proved Dallas is better than y'all and you all are still trying to change the topic? First off I'm not a troll, secondly I've been the Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, and some boring city that has ppl who are hard headed and they don't like admitting Dallas is better. I have seen all the major cities in Texas and Truth Dallas is ranked 7th from size and it has way more records thats Puny Houston, One person would assume that the bigger a city is the more shops, sports, etc it would have but obviously Houston proved that wrong, So keep saying what y'all want and Truth just so ya know an alpha- city has a STRONG ECONOMY that connects both regional and global business together, Last time i checked Houston is twice the size of Dallas and and city half your size has a stronger economy? Ha keep your puny records, last time i checked THE ENERGY CAPITALS OF THE WORLD are located in the Middle East but I can't blame you for your poor education, I mean come on its Houston what do you expect? (FYI Dallas has the best public school in the USA) Almost forgot that all of what I mentioned is just for Dallas not DFW if you were to add DFW then Houston would be worth nothing compared to us

Old 08-07-2013, 11:37 AM

Metro Matt search up Houston Second most boring city in the world

Old 08-07-2013, 11:42 AM

Oh yeah also forgot Dallas is ranked 2nd in the US when it comes to construction spending, Houston is 3rd but that would make sense since its ranked the 4th biggest city, while Dallas who is a lot smaller is ranked 2nd Y'all just don't get it Dallas is SMALLER and it is ranked high in many categories while Houston is BIG so it makes sense for it to be on the top of the list, and FYI Sure Houston has NASA but Dallas has more Aerodynamic Comp *waits for some Houstonian to quote me and try to get off topic*

Old 08-07-2013, 12:11 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,351,842 times
Quote:
Oh yeah also forgot Dallas is ranked 2nd in the US when it comes to construction spending, Houston is 3rd but that would make sense since its ranked the 4th biggest city, while Dallas who is a lot smaller is ranked 2nd Y'all just don't get it Dallas is SMALLER and it is ranked high in many categories while Houston is BIG so it makes sense for it to be on the top of the list, and FYI Sure Houston has NASA but Dallas has more Aerodynamic Comp *waits for some Houstonian to quote me and try to get off topic*
Please use your brain!

Dallas Metro 6,645,678

Houston Metro 6,204,161

How is Dallas smaller? Almost all stats are based on metros and not city population.

Population -- Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University Home

Old 08-07-2013, 12:22 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,151,392 times
Quote:
Nice try dude, you can't boast about being the larger metro , then play the where a smaller city card.. can't have it both ways... Houston is the sole economic power in the region.. DFW is made up of how many cities ???

yeah Dallas has more Aerodynamic Companies ? is that why they are expanding into space ports ??ohh wait thats Houston..Efforts ongoing to create a space port at Ellington Field, south of Houston - Houston Space news | Examiner.com

Old 08-07-2013, 12:26 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,567,158 times
Don't worry about that troll.. They still haven't bothered responding to all the facts we presented them in our replies. They haven shown where this "most shops per capita" claim came from since their claim of having the most restaurants per capita was also false. Why is Houston the best city for shopping if Dallas dominates the retail industry?
Poor education, psh.. How what's smu ranked? Like 80? Rice is in the teens...
I didn't see anyone going "off topic".. Truth did an excellent job pointing out a few of the things Houston does better than Dallas, you just chose to ignore it.

I'm sick of these overly opinionated people who start claiming everything as fact because they prefer one city over another. I've got multiple friends in Dallas that can't wait to get back to Houston. Obviously they don't consider Dallas to be the better of the two cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas