Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2013, 11:52 AM

34 posts, read 54,869 times

Advertisements

Houstonia Magazine came out with a funny Houston vs. Dallas cover. Snippets...

"You’ll never see a “Why Young Black Professionals Are Wary of Dallas”-type headline in this city magazine."

"After just 10 months on the job, Dallas Observer food critic Hanna Raskin promptly quit. Her explanation? The city was a “dining nowhereville.”

"In Dallas, dive bars are more of a “nightlife concept” than an organic reality."

"The only place you’ll see multiple races/ ethnicities hanging out together in Dallas: the DMV."

"Dallas never produced a Marvin Zindler. Nor a Dan Rather. Nor a Walter Cronkite."

Houston vs. Dallas

Old 08-04-2013, 12:07 PM

Also, according to Sperling, the heat in all four Texas cities are a wash. The only real difference is Houston's humidity numbers (dew point and RH) are basically the same as Miami's.

Bert Sperling

Old 08-04-2013, 12:10 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,963,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuykendall View Post

"You’ll never see a “Why Young Black Professionals Are Wary of Dallas”-type headline in this city magazine."

"After just 10 months on the job, Dallas Observer food critic Hanna Raskin promptly quit. Her explanation? The city was a “dining nowhereville.”

"In Dallas, dive bars are more of a “nightlife concept” than an organic reality."

"The only place you’ll see multiple races/ ethnicities hanging out together in Dallas: the DMV."

"Dallas never produced a Marvin Zindler. Nor a Dan Rather. Nor a Walter Cronkite."

Houston vs. Dallas

Ib like the one about them being too uptight for goid graffiti, farners markets or food trucks.

Like the Hank Hill quote too

Old 08-04-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Ib like the one about them being too uptight for goid graffiti, farners markets or food trucks.

Like the Hank Hill quote too
I thought this one was pretty funny because you can try it yourself..

"Type the words "keep Dallas" into Google, and two of the three adjectives that auto-fill are "pretentious" and "douche."

Old 08-06-2013, 07:38 PM

114 posts, read 200,771 times
I have to agree with Houston on this one Houston is way better than Dallas, I mean look at its economy there ranked Beta in the world, oh wait!! Isnt Dallas Alpha? Oh nevermind take that back Houston Dallas is better, oh well atleast Houston host the state fair of Texas since its always hosted by the best city.... Oh haha my bad i meant Dallas

Old 08-06-2013, 07:46 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,001,243 times
Quote:

Houston vs. Dallas
Dallas did produce a Dale Hansen. He's arrogant just like the city he lives in.

Marvin Zindler's demeanor & Houston's were one in the same. Quirky.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:48 PM

1,783 posts, read 2,573,186 times
Quote:

Houston vs. Dallas
I suppose some may consider this quirky, but the accuracy is beyond repair. This thread is a, +, on my internetting though.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:10 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,377,746 times
Quote:

Houston vs. Dallas
Who?

I suppose she was too busy eating to notice that Dallas chefs (Stephan Pyles and Dean Fearing) co-created a new genre of cooking; Southwestern Cuisine.

Stephan Pyles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-06-2013, 10:47 PM

114 posts, read 200,771 times
Hey Houstonians did y'all make it off the "The World's most boring cities/ The Most boring cities in the USA" list? Ha, I still remember when Houston was ranked the 2nd most boring city in the world, and Dallas did not even make the list.... I find it funny kuykendall that the "dining nowhereville" quote applies to Houston not Dallas, if actually did some research you would have noticed that Dallas has the most Shops, and Food Places per Capita than any other city in the USA (Even more than NYC which is a MEGACITY that's ranked alpha++) This is sorta out off topic but I always recall the Houston Tourism commercial where some guy says that he has seen more horses in NYC than he has seen in Houston and he has seen more Art in Houston than in NYC, well guess what? Dallas has more horses and art than NYC and Houston (Dallas has the biggest Arts District in the USA)

Old 08-06-2013, 10:55 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,001,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Worthian View Post
Hey Houstonians did y'all make it off the "The World's most boring cities/ The Most boring cities in the USA" list? Ha, I still remember when Houston was ranked the 2nd most boring city in the world, and Dallas did not even make the list.... I find it funny kuykendall that the "dining nowhereville" quote applies to Houston not Dallas, if actually did some research you would have noticed that Dallas has the most Shops, and Food Places per Capita than any other city in the USA (Even more than NYC which is a MEGACITY that's ranked alpha++) This is sorta out off topic but I always recall the Houston Tourism commercial where some guy says that he has seen more horses in NYC than he has seen in Houston and he has seen more Art in Houston than in NYC, well guess what? Dallas has more horses and art than NYC and Houston (Dallas has the biggest Arts District in the USA)
I don't quite recall that list I do however recall this one from just last year.

Houston Tops Our List Of America's Coolest Cities - Forbes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas