Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 04:54 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,984,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Man, that's so effin funny! My cousins think I'm crazy because they thought I was laughing for no reason.
but you are crazy. Going shopping with those old Nordstrom ladies.

Pffft the only reason to hang around old lazies is that they always have good candy in their purses. I would not go shopping with them tho

Old 08-07-2011, 05:00 PM

6,710 posts, read 9,964,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
but you are crazy. Going shopping with those old Nordstrom ladies.

Pffft the only reason to hang around old lazies is that they always have good candy in their purses. I would not go shopping with them tho
I shop at Dillard's and Macy's. My mama shops at Nordstrom.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
I also remember you saying you liked our City Hall better.

I don't like our City hall. It looks like male Genitalia
HA HA.............the City Hall in Houston looks ok.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
I still don't like the bridge.
You're officially a hater..................

Old 08-07-2011, 05:10 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,462,568 times
Quote:
not competing sugar, being smart.
When those hurricanes lash Galveston it is smart to have a working port further inland.

Same thing with the terminal. You never know what will happen since Galveston is so precariously located, but Galveston is no competition for Houston. In Fact Galveston is no competition for the 10th largest city in DFW. That is how much of a burb it is. How does Houston use Galveston population figures. If Galveston had a metro division that pop would be what? 60K? take that off of Houston that would still leave Houston's division at 5.9M and Dallas's division at 4.2M. In other words your point is weak. You can't compare tiny Galveston to FW and say its the same senario

Nope DFW are two metros in one, Houston is Houston with a big litter of piglets sucking on its nipples.
In that case, it is exactly the same senario. The only difference is dallas has more piglets that eat more.

Old 08-07-2011, 06:23 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,968,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
In that case, it is exactly the same senario. The only difference is dallas has more piglets that eat more.
No Dallas has giant sucking leeches (Collin County). I think it's clear that Houston is one big city surrounded by suburbs. OTOH, DFW is two major cities surrounded by their own suburbs and suburbs that they both share. Yeah, some of Houston's piglets are starting to grow up a little bit, but it's nothing compared to what the leeches have and are doing to Dallas. Fort Worth has its side more under control since it has so much annexing power. If it didn't it would be in the same situation (imagine if Alliance wasn't in FW's city limits). You already have Westlake getting pretty big in attracting businesses.

Old 08-07-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
No Dallas has giant sucking leeches (Collin County). I think it's clear that Houston is one big city surrounded by suburbs. OTOH, DFW is two major cities surrounded by their own suburbs and suburbs that they both share. Yeah, some of Houston's piglets are starting to grow up a little bit, but it's nothing compared to what the leeches have and are doing to Dallas. Fort Worth has its side more under control since it has so much annexing power. If it didn't it would be in the same situation (imagine if Alliance wasn't in FW's city limits). You already have Westlake getting pretty big in attracting businesses.
What do you want us to do? Annex them..............

Old 08-07-2011, 06:28 PM

20,523 posts, read 33,582,777 times
I would say that Texas liberal laws of annexation hurts Dallas. I think if Texas cities were the same as they are in the majority of the nation, they wouldn't have the money to leech off of DFW. That's all the middle and mostly Northern suburbs are. Bunch of leeches that would be nothing if they were not close to Dallas. Maybe I'm wrong.

Also, I've posted this before.
Houstonians: Dallas adds Fort Worth to make them feel bigger than they are as a metro area.
Dallasites: Houston annexed its suburbs to make them feel bigger than they are as a city proper. Heck, even other cities are starting to say that.

Old 08-07-2011, 06:29 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,462,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Leeches are smaller than pigs.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:01 PM

20,523 posts, read 33,582,777 times
If you want to be honest, Houston also has leeches. They are just in the city. I much prefer one or may just two areas instead of 4-6 different areas inside the city. I guess the part about Houston having no zpning has a lot to do with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas