Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2011, 08:18 PM

6,698 posts, read 9,955,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
This is another indication that Dallas never settles. We just find another way of getting what we want. Can't wait to hear what they say about this one.
Yep LOL. The City Council said that they will have the Calatrava designed bridge.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:38 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,970,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
The city of Houston has a dull way of handling things. Then they want to point out all the reasons dallas is wrong for not being just as dull as them.....wassup with that?
better to be dull and respectable than over the top and Gaudy

I still don't like that PVC piping bridge. Hedious monstrosity it is.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
better to be dull and respectable than over the top and Gaudy

I still don't like that PVC piping bridge. Hedious monstrosity it is.
This is a monstrosity.......................???

Old 08-06-2011, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
This is a monstrosity.......................???

it is quite so.

Over the top, Gaudy and unnecessary. Your kids are gonna be thinking what the hell were people thinking back in the 2010's building all those horrid looking structures

Old 08-06-2011, 11:57 PM

Quote:
it is quite so.

Over the top, Gaudy and unnecessary. Your kids are gonna be thinking what the hell were people thinking back in the 2010's building all those horrid looking structures
Seriously! Have you seen the structures in Houston. That extremely ugly 5 sided building. JPMorgan Chase Tower is the ugliest skyscraper in the state.

Last edited by Dallaz; 08-07-2011 at 12:09 AM..

Old 08-07-2011, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Seriously! Have you see the structures in Houston. That extremely ugly 5 sided building. JPMorgan Chase Tower is the ugliest skyscraper in the state.
Yes, I have seen the buildings in Houston, I live here

and the JP Morgan building is respectable. It actually looks nice from downtown.

But being the tallest building in Texas I can see why some would be jealous of it

Old 08-07-2011, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Yes, I have seen the buildings in Houston, I live here

and the JP Morgan building is respectable. It actually looks nice from downtown.

But being the tallest building in Texas I can see why some would be jealous of it
I am serious no one cares about the JPMorgan Chase Tower. I would rather have a shorter pretty building than a ugly tall building. You are only proud of the height. You know that building is ugly....

The height is barely over 1000 ft. That building doesn't impress me at all.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:27 AM

Quote:
I am serious no one cares about the JPMorgan Chase Tower. I would rather have a shorter pretty building than a ugly tall building. You are only proud of the height. You know that building is ugly....

The height is barely over 1000 ft. That building doesn't impress me at all.
Oh The building is not ugly. It is respectable. It is not flashy, but there is nothing ugly about it. You are thinking that all buildings not new and fancy are ugly.
The JP Morgan building looks like a regular building, but it is just not fancy. It is a building that fits in now and will fit in 50 years from now. Those gaudy new things they are building now will look like scars on the skylines in 20 years

And yes, I am proud of the height and not disappointed in the least by its appearance. It is taller than anything in Dallas so if you are not impressed by the height then there is nothing impressive in Dallas then. You should learn the difference between non flashy and Ugly.

This is ugly:
http://www.grist.org/phpThumb/phpThumb.php?src=http://www.grist.org/i/assets/impei-flickr-ChrisZuniga.jpg&w=630 (broken link)

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_tn5c2sL5T9s/Rw...0/DSC00761.JPG

Old 08-07-2011, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Oh The building is not ugly. It is respectable. It is not flashy, but there is nothing ugly about it. You are thinking that all buildings not new and fancy are ugly.
The JP Morgan building looks like a regular building, but it is just not fancy. It is a building that fits in now and will fit in 50 years from now. Those gaudy new things they are building now will look like scars on the skylines in 20 years

And yes, I am proud of the height and not disappointed in the least by its appearance. It is taller than anything in Dallas so if you are not impressed by the height then there is nothing impressive in Dallas then. You should learn the difference between non flashy and Ugly.

This is ugly:
http://www.grist.org/phpThumb/phpThumb.php?src=http://www.grist.org/i/assets/impei-flickr-ChrisZuniga.jpg&w=630 (broken link)

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_tn5c2sL5T9s/Rw...0/DSC00761.JPG
Do you know that our city hall and the JPMorgan Chase Tower was designed by the same architect. The Dallas World Trade Center is extremely ugly. It is huge, it has over 3 million sq ft of space.

You just saying that because it is in your city. It's ok, I understand.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Do you know that our city hall and the JPMorgan Chase Tower was designed by the same architect.
Yes, you told me that before, that is why I chose it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas