Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 05:57 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,516,813 times

Advertisements

Typical and predictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
63% of registered Texas voters oppose any more restrictions on abortions.

POLL: Majority Of Texans Don't Support The Abortion Restrictions Moving Through The Legislature | ThinkProgress
I'm one of the 80% of Texans who feel law makers shouldn't even be focusing on abortion related bills. This is the biggest waste of time, and pure over reach. Shameful

Old 06-26-2013, 06:41 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,894,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
63% of registered Texas voters oppose any more restrictions on abortions.

POLL: Majority Of Texans Don't Support The Abortion Restrictions Moving Through The Legislature | ThinkProgress
I think the Republican Party is basically aiding in their own demise. They have over stepped their boundaries and have thoroughly abused their power. They will pay dearly during election time.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:53 PM

6,820 posts, read 10,093,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
I think the Republican Party is basically aiding in their own demise. They have over stepped their boundaries and have thoroughly abused their power. They will pay dearly during election time.
Do you want Texas to be blue?

Old 06-26-2013, 07:03 PM

15,321 posts, read 35,910,298 times
Quote:
No, there needs to be a purple option - fiscal conservative, social liberal. I can't even begin to count how many people I know that fall into that category.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:09 PM

8,275 posts, read 8,012,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
No, there needs to be a purple option - fiscal conservative, social liberal. I can't even begin to count how many people I know that fall into that category.
I'd argue it's probably most people. American elections have come down to deciding whether it is less bad to vote for a Democrat that will rummage through your wallet to give money to deadbeats or Republicans who want to dictate personal and social choices that really shouldn't be the government's business at all.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:29 PM

733 posts, read 1,054,510 times
Quote:
im one of them. the GOP is imploding. people are going to riot over this.

this should pretty much kill rick perry during his next election. wendy should capitalize on it and run for governer

Old 06-26-2013, 07:35 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,856,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
This is pretty much my view too. There are basically two awful choices:

1) Kill a baby. And yes, that is what it is.

2) Be prepared to pay from the cradle to the grave for someone. Because let's face it - someone that is willing to roto-rooter the brains out of their child is most likely going to be a dreadful mother. So assuming horrible mom-to-be can't have an abortion, the kid's childhood will likely be an environment of chaos and likely neglect and/or abuse from the revolving band of men that come by momma's bed each night. We know from research that relatively few kids are able to succeed and escape from a chaotic and poorly parented childhood and that the odds are they will end up on the dole or in prison. In most cases, the cycle will continue which will lead to more people being on government assistance or in the criminal justice system.

#2 is where the right-wing is hypocritical. If they truly are serious about ending abortion, they are going to have to be OK with ponying up a lot of tax dollars to take care of the inevitable additional welfare scroungers.

The pro-lifers will say that adoption is an option, and it is in some cases and would be the ideal option if there were enough parents to go around. But adoption is also an extremely complicated process and, from what I understand, expensive. Then there is the unspoken fact that the adoptable babies tend to fall into very specific demographic groups.

Lots of horrible choices all around. In my mind, I'd rather abortion be legal than there be a constant factory of useless and/or criminal humans because it isn't allowed.
I always tell them church-goer nutjobs who are pro-life to pay for the child after it is born all the way through college. When you say that, usually there is nobody left in the room willing to argue with you. It is all talk but making someone be a parent when they do not want to is about as smart as it gets.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:48 PM

11,180 posts, read 10,616,758 times
Quote:

Old 06-26-2013, 07:55 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,894,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
It really is not about blue or red. It's about one party having too much power. When one regime has to much power they are able to dictate, control, and imprint their own ideology on the masses. This is basically what the Republican control governing body is doing. At this point their are not enough elected democratic officials in office to check the republican controlled congress in Texas. The reason republicans have garnered so much power over the years is through gerrymandering, which is basically a process of redrawing the political lines to give your party an advantage during election time.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:57 PM

13,022 posts, read 13,548,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KM1174 View Post
im one of them. the GOP is imploding. people are going to riot over this.

this should pretty much kill rick perry during his next election. wendy should capitalize on it and run for governer
Nobody's going to riot over this.

Rick Perry is toast as far as a lot of his own party is concerned. Dewie, Straus & others are sick of the way a bunch of his arrogant cronies are acting. A lege committee is cranking up an investigation of the thuggish Wallace Hall and a few other numbnut appointees.

I don't think the democrats are any better, given their past behavior.

A pox on both their houses.

Slobber all over Davis as much as you want to, she's just another grackle politician to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas