Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 09:20 PM

933 posts, read 1,533,618 times

Advertisements

Houston is much more scenic, diverse and the people there tend to be more down to earth and friendlier.

Dallas is situated in possibly the ugliest region of the country (North Texas) and is famous nationwide for its arrogant, pretentious population. It's in the Bible Belt, so you'll it's less tolerant as a whole.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:14 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbono View Post
Austin and San Antonio are much better, IMO.
Austin and SA have very very very little on Houston and DFW but Houston and DFW have a lot on Austin and SA.

Without a doubt Houston and Dallas are the most complete cities in Texas. SA and Austin lack far too many amenities to hang with Houston and DFW

Old 10-21-2012, 02:41 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,167,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Austin and SA have very very very little on Houston and DFW but Houston and DFW have a lot on Austin and SA.

Without a doubt Houston and Dallas are the most complete cities in Texas. SA and Austin lack far too many amenities to hang with Houston and DFW
Nope disagree completely, Austin is by far the most superior city in the state. j/k.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:25 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppingDFW View Post
Houston is much more scenic, diverse and the people there tend to be more down to earth and friendlier.

Dallas is situated in possibly the ugliest region of the country (North Texas) and is famous nationwide for its arrogant, pretentious population. It's in the Bible Belt, so you'll it's less tolerant as a whole.
Just out of curiosity, what are you still doing here? You never have anything good to say about Dallas.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:06 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawfiqmp View Post
THIS. THIS. THIS.

Houston and Dallas are more family towns. Austin is easily the best city in Texas for single 20-35 year olds.

Born and raised in Houston.

Houston has better food than Dallas IMO though. But overall, the state of texas has good food. You can't go wrong with either of the 4 big cities in Texas for food.
If you're in the suburbs, yes. Many 20-35 year olds I know are perfectly happy in Houston, and half of them aren't even from here. Don't get me started on Austin.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:24 AM

933 posts, read 1,533,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what are you still doing here? You never have anything good to say about Dallas.
I've said good things about Dallas. Like it's good if your primary concern is budget or if you're moving from somewhere pricey like Southern California and you want a big, cheap house that doesn't cost much money in a good (Texas standards) school district. It's also good if you enjoy Phoenix-style weather but don't like the desert.... but if you're looking for something more out of where you live, then it's not for you. I happen to fall into the "looking for something more out of where you live" crowd and find Dallas to be soulless and uninspiring.

Currently, I'm finishing up my degree, then leaving. I'll take the Rust Belt over the Bible Belt any day of the week.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:38 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
Nope disagree completely, Austin is by far the most superior city in the state. j/k.
Superior at being snobbish, yes

Old 10-21-2012, 10:07 AM

1,985 posts, read 3,318,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Superior at being snobbish, yes
Here we go again

Old 10-21-2012, 11:17 AM

5 posts, read 8,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch4l View Post
Hi! I moved to Dallas at the beginning of summer from the Midwest. Although I enjoyed it the first few months, the "honeymoon phase" is over. Dallas doesn't fit me with the pretentiousness and focus on glitz. I'm tired of seeing people dressed in sequin and all dressed up on a Sat. morning doing errands as well as the snobbery. I've asked many people where in Dallas I could find real genuine people, and the response I get is to move to Fort Worth, which I don't want to. Therefore, I'm thinking about Houston since there are more opportunities, lower cost of living and friendlier people. A friend lived there years ago and loved it. I also visited there years ago and loved it, but I'm guessing it's much different now. There are many things I love about TX: the heat, sunsets, new experiences and opportunities, no state income tax & better economy. I'm not a 20 year-30 year old who cares about the bar scene. My focus is on job stability, having more expendable money & ability to meet genuine people. Please let me know why Houston is better. Also I'm planning on visiting Houston, so if you have suggestions on where to stay that's safe, please let me know. Thanks!

I've heard the same...I'm new two weeks in. Not sure how I feel. I noticed the same myself.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:31 AM

34 posts, read 35,752 times
People constantly complain about Dallas being too Suburb oriented, yet they still live in the suburbs and never visit or live in city center. The same goes for Houston. Both cities have OK City centers with plenty to do, they are far from the worst in the country as portrayed by many people on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas