Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2021, 02:13 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,274,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Personally it doesn't really bother me when people OC, but I also feel like it's inappropriate at times.
I'm about as pro guns as anyone you will talk to..for example, I think getting a concealed carry license is a moronic money grab by the state...if you legally posses the firearm...passed all reasonable background checks, why do you need a special license to CC?

But that said most people who OC are morons trying to get attention and they hurt the image of responsible gun owners more than they help anyone....and that stupidity isn't exclusive to Texas.

Just my very opinionated 2 cents.

Last edited by Treasurevalley92; 01-01-2021 at 03:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2021, 03:04 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,274,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
2. You can always head to the bar and buy drinks on Sundays......
That misses the point. The law is stupid and pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
3. No Tesla showrooms but Texans buy lots of Teslas. It's #2 or 3 depending upon the source for Tesla sales.
Again, misses the point entirely. We are the 2nd largest state....and a wealthy state, so of course many Texans will own Teslas we should be 2nd or 3rd as a default....the point is you can't buy them in the state because of a pointless law.

Texas over all is only "so so" as far as personal freedom goes.

We don't even have medical pot, thats embarrassing...we literally

still have people in jail over pot.

Our Alcohol Laws are Archaic and Theocratic....

We let a Cartel control how we buy cars at dealerships....

Yes, our Gun laws are better than most Coastal States, but nothing special....we still require a CC license.

Yes, we are a lowish tax state, but that isn't the same as personal freedom.

Over all love Texas, but "Personal Freedom" wouldn't be on my list of things I like about the state as we have alot of progress to make in that regard.

Last edited by Treasurevalley92; 01-01-2021 at 03:18 PM..

Old 01-06-2021, 05:10 PM

573 posts, read 337,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmantx View Post
I live in Texas and love it! I am close to everything, restaurants, stores, parks,and entertainment. I wouldn't change it for the world. I understand everyone has their OWN opinion on the "ideal" place, so I am just curious as to what it is about Texas that YOU like.
I'm most proud of the majority of Texas voters picking Ted Cruz to represent Texans in the US Senate and leading the protest against Biden and the voters in other states as demonstrated today in DC.+1 death.

I'm proud of the election by the majority of Texas voters selecting AG Paxton with his bribes, securities violations, and suing other states for how they vote. States Rights!

And Abbott for just puppy dog following Trump.

State's Right!

/s

Old 01-06-2021, 06:01 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,223,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilsn3r View Post
I'm most proud of the majority of Texas voters picking Ted Cruz to represent Texans in the US Senate and leading the protest against Biden and the voters in other states as demonstrated today in DC.+1 death.

I'm proud of the election by the majority of Texas voters selecting AG Paxton with his bribes, securities violations, and suing other states for how they vote. States Rights!

State's Right!

/s
Amen.

As a former Austinite, I could not BELIEVE how many "TEXAS FOR TRUMP" flags the criminals who breached the Capitol displayed today. "E" is for embarrassing.

Old 01-07-2021, 12:28 PM

3,476 posts, read 2,812,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Love the HUGE diversity in Houston,
people of all color, background, ethnicities .... living together in one of America's biggest city
A huge melting pot.
But will Houston eventually melt into the Gulf of Mexico?

Old 01-07-2021, 12:52 PM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 5 days ago)

8,374 posts, read 5,539,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilsn3r View Post

State's Right!

/s
Ken Paxton should be in prison and his blatant attempts at fishing for pardons is appalling. Ted Cruz makes my stomach turn but my issues with him are far fewer than Paxton.

I dont have issues with Greg Abbott. I dont agree with him all the time but hes a good man.

Old 01-07-2021, 01:17 PM

9,933 posts, read 6,647,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
But will Houston eventually melt into the Gulf of Mexico?
No. But a giant sea monster will come out from the Gulf and into Houston to cause chaos

Old 01-07-2021, 09:28 PM

9,933 posts, read 6,647,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Ken Paxton should be in prison and his blatant attempts at fishing for pardons is appalling. Ted Cruz makes my stomach turn but my issues with him are far fewer than Paxton.

I dont have issues with Greg Abbott. I dont agree with him all the time but hes a good man.
I felt that way until he did everything in his power to block democratic votes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas