Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 12:53 PM

22 posts, read 124,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjax1000 View Post
I'm assuming there is a backing that you pull off prior to "permanent" mounting? If so, this material probably has the side effect of acting as an insulator. You've got another layer of material between the chip and the windshield.

Also, I imagine this is no more "permanent" than a parking sticker or some other item that you may have to display. A razor blade and glass cleaner will do wonders. It isn't as if it is permanently bonding to the molecular structure of the window via some space age epoxy, right? (The question mark is because I haven't actually seen the mini in person- maybe I've mischaracterized it.)
no, it is no more permanent than a parking decal - it can be removed using a razor blade and goo b gone or windex - i don't know the exact mechanics of the transponder and how it works - the mini does have a sitcker on the back you peel off, and then there is something similar to double sided tape which the chip sits on, and then on top of that is the decal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qacer View Post
I've been a Sun Pass user for many years. It definitely saves you on toll if you use the toll roads often. Sun Pass customers get about a $0.25 discount compared to those who pay out of pocket.

Plus, customer service is goodl I ran out of battery and gone thru the toll booths many times already. All I needed to do was call customer service and sort it out. They just put a charge on my account and it gets repaid during the next payment cycle.
Qacer, Thanks for the compliment - not alot of people have time to compliment the jobs we do - It is much appreciated - it actually brighten my day - thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 11:08 AM

203 posts, read 961,607 times
Thanks for the great info! We have 2 of the "old" style and we just bought the mini yesterday at a Riverview Publix.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:31 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,041,557 times
Of course, when you use the pass, the government has another way of keeping tabs on you. I'll never get one.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:48 PM

1 posts, read 8,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
Of course, when you use the pass, the government has another way of keeping tabs on you. I'll never get one.
Tin foil especially cheap this time of year? When you use the internet, the government has another way of keeping tabs on you. So you better unplug your computer, darken the blinds and hide under the covers, because they're coming for you! http://www.motomodding.us/images/smi...n_rolleyes.gif

Old 08-16-2008, 09:43 AM

10 posts, read 91,313 times
Default Confirmed it works without permanent mounting

I confirmed last night that holding the Mini up to the windshield works just fine. So much for "it won't work unless permanently attached to the windshield." I'll never attach mine.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:13 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,510,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
Are you on the run from the govt?

Old 08-25-2008, 06:09 PM

362 posts, read 1,720,741 times
Went with the mini and it works fine so far. Of course, I did attach mine. Otherwise, it'd be one more thing for me to keep up with. At least when stuck to the window I know where it is all the time...even if the man can monitor my actions...but hey they do that with cell phones anyway...

Old 08-25-2008, 06:41 PM

89 posts, read 345,755 times
I have to say that having the sunpass really makes travel so much easier. I hated having to keep bills and quarters always on hand especially when you're getting off or on and there's no toll collector to give you change. Speaking of which, I wonder if people actually do get ticketed if they don't have any freaking quarters???

Old 11-26-2008, 09:32 PM

1 posts, read 8,012 times
My transponder is BROKEN! Changed the battery and it is not responding! I think it is a messed up that I am responsible for a system that I bought 6 months ago and it does not work. $25 is not a lot of money, but I have other things that I can buy with that, like GAS! SUNPASS told me I will have to buy a new transponder and transfer the amount over, but it seems like they are NEVER open or always too busy to get a live person on the line! They also informed me that I will have to wait to have the balance transfered it will not be immediate. I drive to Orlando from Inverness, FL almost everyday. This is BS if you asked me. I liked the old transponders where it would tell you your remaining balance. Oh well, I guess I am out $25 dollars.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:22 PM

1 posts, read 7,671 times
Is it possible to have multiple Mini Sunpasses under the same account?
My problem is that I rent a vehicle in south FL about once a month.
It's less expensive & more convenient to buy a Mini Sunpass. (Avis charges $2.50 a day PLUS the actual toll for use of their built-in Sunpass).
I remove the Mini (which destroys the product) when I return the vehicle, but now have a credit balance in my SunPass account.
Is it possible to purchase a NEW Mini Sunpass and add it to my existing Sunpass account? This way I can just change the vehicle information and transponder number in my account and be up and running immediately.

Last edited by MichiganDriver; 02-28-2009 at 07:50 PM.. Reason: Removed HTML char
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay