Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 10:48 AM

111 posts, read 392,747 times

Advertisements

Snake and Tambre; SIPs is a good product. Personally never have worked with SIPs as a contractor. Did work on projects where clients used SIPs. The only knowledge I have on SIPs is what a contractor relayed to me at a tradeshow. There is a contractor in Rogersville area that builds SIPs homes. There aren't as many SIPs builders in the area as there are ICF builders. Can't really give you any comparisons between the two.

The Springfield area has some great organizations you can contact to get detailed info. regarding these building techniques and to find out about the quality of the builder. Contact the following organizations: HBA (Homebuilders Association), CPC (Concrete Promotion Council), HBA (they also have a remodelers association), SCA (Springfield Contractors Association). You may find these in your Springfield phone directory and they will connect you to reputable builders, contractors and remodelers. These individuals that belong to these associations usually have a proven track record that will benefit you when needing help. Most of the companies in these organizations are licensed, insured, bonded (the organizations have certain restrictions and criteria before they can be a member), this will protect you in most instances.

You will find: electricians, HVAC, landscapers, roofers, window and door contractors, plumbers, and the list goes on... Whatever you want for your home or business contacts are in these organizations.

In January or February the tradeshows will begin for construction contact these organizations and they will keep you informed of when and where for these shows.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by skeating; 01-12-2008 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2008, 01:56 PM

1,921 posts, read 6,428,344 times
Skeating,
Thank you very much for your input. I've been looking forward to the 2008 Home Show for quite some time. As you mentioned, there is a wealth of information available there. Will you have a boot at the show?

Old 01-12-2008, 03:03 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,944 times
Default building materials

Hi Skeating,

Thanks for the information. Is that your ICF house link on another thread? If so, it is really beautiful. Snake, are you thinking of building in the Springfield area, and if so, where? Tambre

Old 01-12-2008, 06:27 PM

Tambre; Not sure what link you are talking about. My ICF is on Highlandville, Missouri Real Estate

Old 01-12-2008, 06:37 PM

Yes that is my house on the link. Thanks for the compliment. Hope this helps individuals see that ICF can be a very warm and inviting home. You can go to their company listings and see about 45 pictures of the house.

Earlier someone wanted to know s.f. cost to build. Building in Springfield/Branson area will vary like anywhere depending on what features are in the house. A recent appraisal on this property stated: cost to build for this house to be: $530,000.00 (4273 s.f. house + 2564 s.f. shop building). Inside the house is loaded with custom features, from the floors to the walls, ceilings and countertops. A basic house could cost alot less to build, especially if you share in doing some of the work.

Enjoy your real estate journeys and research.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:59 PM

Snake; this year I will not have a booth. My husband was seriously injured and I won't be available to do the tradeshow. Normally every year we did the shows. Enjoy the show there is a wealth of knowledge to be gained. Ozark Empire Fairgrounds also has a good show for all the landscapers and want to be's in landscaping.

Stop and talk with the contractors and take your time doing so, it is very enlightening to visit with the builders and remodelers, as well as, the other construction contractors. Springfield has a very good show for the size town. Branson usually puts on a Home Show around the same time too. Check with the HBA they will give you the scoop.

Old 01-13-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Snake, are you thinking of building in the Springfield area, and if so, where? Tambre
Yes, I'm planning a build somewhere in the Springfield area. I currently live in Nixa and will probably build again in the Nixa/Ozark area. The challenge is always finding the right piece of ground to build on (I want at least 10 acres).

Old 01-13-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeating View Post
Snake; this year I will not have a booth. My husband was seriously injured and I won't be available to do the tradeshow. Normally every year we did the shows. Enjoy the show there is a wealth of knowledge to be gained. Ozark Empire Fairgrounds also has a good show for all the landscapers and want to be's in landscaping.
Skeating, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's injury! My heartfelt prayers to you and your family.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:41 AM

25 posts, read 79,440 times
Default Husband's injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 SNAKE View Post
Skeating, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's injury! My heartfelt prayers to you and your family.
I second that, and will pray for him too, bless you both!

Old 08-13-2008, 02:17 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,553,903 times
I know this is an older thread but I am considering ICF construction

The lots I really like are N-S orientation and tpically on a hill with pacolet clay loam soil

I am concerned - and will be talking with a builder about the maximum realistic grade for such a house - we really like a lot but it is 20%

Also - in the scope of things - our preference would be a smaller home with a basement apartment instead of a larger ranch. We really don't want the traditional two story. Insights on relative cost to build of the three options given the same square footage? I assume a slope will add considerable to site prep but will accomodate a basement better [in the southeast where underground basements are not hte norm]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area