Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 02:32 PM

382 posts, read 1,070,401 times

Advertisements

I hope you guys will all bear with me being such a sap. If not, get over yourself. (I say that with a smile) I live by "laughter is the best medicine!

Although I tend to be a Pollyanna, hoping to see all the good and no bad, my prior work environment and life experiences cause me to be somewhat jaded and overly cautious at times. I know, I know - a complete dichotomy going on within my inner depths.

Within this forum, I feel I have found safety, support, comraderie and a whole lot of wonderful souls - with brains no less. I now feel a smidgen more confident and have added some nonsense to my personal profile, should you like to take a peek. BTW, I just found when I click on a user name, I can access a profile and find out a little about people I share posts with. Wonderful tool.

Moderators, I am extremely impressed as well with all of your hard work to keep this a safe, secure and fun environment for all of our exchanges. Great job.

I hope I can become, of course with the help of all of you, as vital a part of this forum as I have found all of you. Thank you for allowing me entrance into your world. I am forever grateful.

Be patient, God is not through with me yet! Just think, my precious Hubby is stuck with me 24/7 unlike you guys that can just ignore me. Pray for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 02:38 PM

870 posts, read 3,084,908 times
Default It is great, isn't it?

I feel sorta like you....having NEVER (honestly!!!) posted on a forum, I am thankful that this is the one I picked! Everyone has been very helpful and informative. Some of us even ventured out and met in person! (OTFCC)
And I am so glad I went! I met the most amazing people! Even tho I have been in the Ozarks since '99, I really haven't met such genuine people since I've been, up until NOW! It's great and I am hooked on C-D !
Thanks to you all!!

Old 10-18-2007, 03:27 PM

116 posts, read 445,778 times
Agreed, the best part of it all is that we a support system in place which is important. That was my biggest worry about moving myself and my children to Missouri I had no support system. But as time and posts go by your acquaintances turn to friends and helps you drop that guard down. I know once I am moved if I have any problems or questions it will be nice to talk to people I already know, who live here and who may have had the same problems, and, even if the didnt they probably know someone who has had them. And yes the Moderators here are really great none of them have that god complex and for those of us who have been on other sites you know how that can be. Thanks to all who post here I can never wait to log on and see who said or did something and of course the chatter box hehe. Keep on Keeping on

Old 10-18-2007, 07:36 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,640,498 times
little distinction between those that have been here for a few months or more and those that have recently joined up.....most folks enjoy hangin' around here and shootin' da cheeeet with one another

Old 10-18-2007, 07:49 PM

116 posts, read 229,318 times
I cant wait till I retire and move to Springfield. So i can meet u fine people !!!!

Old 10-18-2007, 07:53 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,388,600 times
Default Allowing you entrance?

Are you kidding? You fit right in...as a matter of fact we had a SassyGirl shaped void in our little world before you got here!

I really like your wit. And your use of vocabulary.

I'm glad ya said something tho...there's a lot of us feel that something kinda special has happened here and are becoming "real" friends!

Excuse me now...I have to go look up dichotomy...and sagacious...

URK.

Last edited by Lake Junkie; 10-18-2007 at 08:17 PM.. Reason: Gettin' out the dictionary...

Old 10-18-2007, 08:15 PM

526 posts, read 1,248,204 times
Default Yep Yep Yep

I totally agree with what she said, although I couldn't understand alot of it. Those of you who are Mo Peeps are really special, helpful, kind caring people.
I know I speak from the rest of us Honorary Mo Peeps when I say we can't wait until we become "official" Mo Peeps!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-18-2007, 08:26 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,388,600 times
Cool Vocabulary...yep.

My parents taught me their love of books...had me read my books with a dictionary nearby.
If I asked my mom what a word meant, she'd say "Go look it up!" Grrrrrrrrrrrrr....but it was like bran. Good for me.

I love our group too...with all the different personalities & quirks...we just manage to fit together. Like any neighborhood. That's why I refer to this as our cyberhood.

Last edited by Lake Junkie; 10-18-2007 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: More thoughts.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:16 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,640,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
...<snip>...
...and sagacious...

URK.

I dunno, that's a real fancy word....and I be justa forest da gumpster here

Sassy is gonna have lotsa fun 'round this place huh LJ

Last edited by da jammer; 10-18-2007 at 10:17 PM.. Reason: I'm not a smart man :-)

Old 10-18-2007, 11:58 PM

382 posts, read 1,070,401 times
It is good to be appreciated. Thunderation though. If you guys had a void in which I filled, you are in sad, sad shape. Heaven help you all. I am just so glad to be here with such awesome people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area