Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2014, 11:35 AM

36 posts, read 151,170 times

Advertisements

Where are the safest and best areas to live in Springfield? What is the high crime all about there? Drug-related or what?
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 12:29 PM

141 posts, read 258,105 times
The safer area of Springfield and the nicer area is generally on the South side of town. Avoid the North and West sides of town and the downtown area if you are looking for a better area to live in. I suspect that most of the crime in this area has to do with petty theft. We've had several bikes stolen. There is also a higher rate of domestic violence than in some areas and of course drugs. Missouri has a meth problem in general.

Living here I've never felt like we were in "danger" so it's not that kind of crime, but it is a blue collar area and there are quite a few poor folks in this town. So, like most poorer areas there are drug and theft type crimes. It doesn't seem that violent though. Some houses on my street were robbed a few months ago and I live in a decent enough area in the middle of town (near St. Johns/Bass Pro). I hope the police are cracking down on that because I did see a sign in another neighborhood (over off Golden between Battlefield and Republic road) that houses had been getting robbed over there. You might want to invest in a home security system if you can. Still, these weren't violent robberies, just people getting stuff stolen from them, to my knowledge.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area