Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2016, 05:49 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,173,671 times

Advertisements

The golf is on now. I hope Spieth, McIlroy, DJ and Day are happy they missed out on a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 06:04 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,369,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
The golf is on now. I hope Spieth, McIlroy, DJ and Day are happy they missed out on a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Idiots.

LOL...3 months from now, no one will know who won gold

Old 08-11-2016, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
LOL...3 months from now, no one will know who won gold
That doesn't discount that it is still in reality (since any particular golfer in the field this week - that their game will have gone to hell in 4 or 8 years) a once in a lifetime chance.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:21 AM

79,624 posts, read 61,828,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Rigged results on boxing. It's a brewing scandal in rio. Along with the filth and the crime is the unclean refereeing and judging. Things are just grimy in Brazil.
Boxing is horribly rigged at the Olympics. Ever heard of Roy Jones Jr? He beat the Korean guy so bad it wasn't even funny and then they handed it to the Korean guy (Korean hosted games).

The result was so comically fixed the IOC actually talked about removing boxing from the Olympics.

It's IMO an even more galling fix than when they gave Russia something like four "do-overs" to beat the US basketball team years back lol.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:23 AM

79,624 posts, read 61,828,207 times
My fav part of the Olympics is the Russians getting booed pretty much everywhere and by everyone.

Every country has people that get caught cheating for PED's etc. but when you have an entire country doing so with the help of their government? Um....yeah....that just makes you a joke.

I guess Putin forgot that you can't throw ALL the reporters in the world off rooftops, just your own.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Boxing is horribly rigged at the Olympics. Ever heard of Roy Jones Jr? He beat the Korean guy so bad it wasn't even funny and then they handed it to the Korean guy (Korean hosted games).

The result was so comically fixed the IOC actually talked about removing boxing from the Olympics.

It's IMO an even more galling fix than when they gave Russia something like four "do-overs" to beat the US basketball team years back lol.
I watched the match of the American featherweight yesterday and couldn't believe how much it wasn't like...boxing.

It's just not really boxing at all, it's just crazed brawling for three quick rounds - that is not boxing, and the scoring seems to arbitrary, like you said.

It was really stupid.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:50 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,369,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
That doesn't discount that it is still in reality (since any particular golfer in the field this week - that their game will have gone to hell in 4 or 8 years) a once in a lifetime chance.

or at least until the next olympics

Old 08-11-2016, 07:03 AM

Quote:
or at least until the next olympics
There is no guarantee the elite golfers will even be on the radar in 4 years. That's the nature of the game. John Daly won two majors and a handful of other PGA events and he didn't even qualify for one Ryder Cup.

All I'm saying is the Olympics is a week every four years and the game fluctuates so much there wasn't a guarantee when it was announced back in '09 that even Tiger Woods would have qualified at age 40 (when he was sure to still be in his prime), and low and behold not even Tiger made it this week.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:17 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,867,229 times
Quote:
They should count the total medals. Like our swimming relay teams, when they win well, that's actually 4 medals total, so we really probably have a hundred or so by now.
really? Then I guess a soccer game gives 11 gold medals?

Old 08-11-2016, 07:21 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,867,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
My fav part of the Olympics is the Russians getting booed pretty much everywhere and by everyone.

Every country has people that get caught cheating for PED's etc. but when you have an entire country doing so with the help of their government? Um....yeah....that just makes you a joke.

I guess Putin forgot that you can't throw ALL the reporters in the world off rooftops, just your own.
No, I don't think it is funny and it is unfair to the athletes.

You are assuming those Russian athlete all jump at the chance to take drugs. Many of them are doing it against their will. Of course you can say you can quit but it is hard if possible under a different system.

Let's not bring our anti-Russian/Putin politics into the games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports