Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 10:23 AM

523 posts, read 499,177 times

Advertisements

8 days away
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 05:26 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,369,893 times

Old 07-29-2016, 02:11 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,062,685 times
Quite a few athletes, journalists and tourists already got robbed in Rio. WTF

Old 07-30-2016, 12:12 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,440,502 times
I really am looking forward to it. Summer Olympics are more exciting, in my opinion, than the Winter Olympics though I like both.

Old 07-30-2016, 02:32 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,173,671 times
It was doomed before it even began.

I was really pumped for the return of golf (still am, to a degree), but it's a true pity so many of the top ranked individuals aren't going to play.

Old 07-31-2016, 05:22 PM

523 posts, read 499,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
Quite a few athletes, journalists and tourists already got robbed in Rio. WTF

would have been better to bring along cheap valuables instead of expensive valuables

Old 08-01-2016, 06:19 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,173,671 times
Quote:
Shi Dongpeng, who competed in the 2012 London Olympics and specializes in the 110-meter hurdles, was robbed as part of an elaborate hoax, according to Inside The Games (H/T to ESPN's Rachel Nichols). Shi reportedly checked into his hotel alongside a cameraman when a stranger who appeared drunk approached them. The man vomited on Shi, and the cameraman chased the man out of the hotel.

It turns out the drunk man was the first step of a clear plan. With Shi off cleaning himself up and the cameraman gone, someone stole both men's baggage as well as the cameraman's equipment. Inside The Games says surveillance footage shows Shi and the cameraman were victims of a "professional job."

To make matters worse, when both men went to report the incident at a police station, they had to wait two hours behind a line of mugging victims.

The incident with Shi comes only days after Jason Lee, a jiu-jitsu champion from New Zealand, says he was kidnapped by Rio police and forced to pay an unreasonable fine. In a Facebook post that has since been taken down, Lee said of Rio, "This place is well and truly f— in every sense of the word imaginable."

Rio Olympics 2016: Chinese hurdler robbed as part of elaborate hoax | Athletics | Sporting News

Charming...

Old 08-05-2016, 08:39 AM

4,030 posts, read 6,934,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
It was doomed before it even began.

I was really pumped for the return of golf (still am, to a degree), but it's a true pity so many of the top ranked individuals aren't going to play.

It's not "doomed".

What is "doomed" about it?

Just because out of THOUSANDS of athletes, journalists and tourists in the city, maybe 3 or 4 are stupid enough to not take personal care and were robbed in NON-VIOLENT incidents? Is that why the Olympics are "doomed"?

I wonder how many foreign tourists were robbed in London in 2012 during the Olympics, and the press didn't make a fuss about it, because it was their own fault for not taking any care?

Tell me, after all the bullsh*t talk about "zika", how many athletes, journalists and tourists in Rio so far go the so called zika? Do you heard about any case of anyone getting zika so far?

Time to end the PROPAGANDA and admit the Olympics in Brazil are already a total success with no major incidents.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:18 PM

308 posts, read 240,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
I really am looking forward to it. Summer Olympics are more exciting, in my opinion, than the Winter Olympics though I like both.

I like them both for different reasons,the summer games have more nations competing,so the medals spread a lot more.The winter games have spectacular spills,but sometimes the TV coverage isnt as good.

Looking forward to Rio,4 hours behind us so not going to be too bad for watching.

Old 08-05-2016, 05:25 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,440,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Loves Dogs View Post
I like them both for different reasons,the summer games have more nations competing,so the medals spread a lot more.The winter games have spectacular spills,but sometimes the TV coverage isnt as good.

Looking forward to Rio,4 hours behind us so not going to be too bad for watching.
I know a guy that likes the Winter Olympics better than the Summer Games but I like both even though I really enjoy the Summer Olympics more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports