Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 06:48 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,714,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Do they always serve lemonade or pop in quart jars?
They do here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 09:35 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,923,510 times
The Marlin's on the Tea exit serves pop in quart jars also. I had a couple of Mt. Dews along with a chicken/shrimp dinner. I was stuffed but content with the food. The thought of food makes me want to come back to have it again.

For me, it is handy and is on my way to Sioux Falls.

The truck stop that it is in is fixed up and is a Sinclair station now. It used to be a Texaco and was outdated for a long time before the remodel. The sad part was that it was in a great location but did not utilize it with it being outdated for so long. When most of the Texaco stations in the region switched to Shell, I was surpised that this station stayed as a Texaco and went independent for awhile. The place was remodeled in the past few months. Even though the remodel is not yet complete, it is much better than before.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
Chris, there is also a Marlin's in Rapid City at the Windmill Truck Stop. They have a 'Marlin's Challenge' where if you eat a HUGE burger, chili fries, and a massive shake in under an hour you get your meal for free.
I will have to try this sometime and let you know if I made it or not. The food sounds sooooo good.

Old 09-13-2008, 03:21 PM

415 posts, read 972,538 times
Well I haven't checked in in a while so I missed this thread.

Theres a place in Belle fourche that we discovered after moving here called the Belle Inn, Right at the Souther intersection that splits off and goes to aladdin and Whitewood. I can't remember the highway number off hand. They have got to be the best dang place to eat in belle. Your Plate is heaping full, and I think we usually spend 20 bucks there tip included for me, the wife and kid. Damnit now I am hungry for that place LOL, but its a 70 mile drive for me LOL.

Outside of SD, I know its not a restaraunt per se but I LOVE White Castle Grease burgers. OH THEY ARE TO DIE FOR. and not the frozen ones at the grocery store either LOL.

I've been meaning to try the Golden Corral In Rapid but I heard it wasn't that good, When we lived in Iowa we hit Golden Corral up once a week for dinner it was soo good there. And relatively inexpensive.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:47 PM

19,723 posts, read 10,495,325 times
somewhere along the way, I thought I had netioned Nick's Gyro's on 41st in Sioux falls.........anyone else remember when they were in Empire East?....(ok, so my age is showing, again!)

Old 09-13-2008, 09:09 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,409,191 times
debey, you did mention Nick's Gyros. I haven't eaten there in a while, but it is very tasty! Were they in Empire East or the Empire mall?

Old 09-13-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1986 View Post
debey, you did mention Nick's Gyros. I haven't eaten there in a while, but it is very tasty! Were they in Empire East or the Empire mall?
Empire East.......before kohls came to town..... my age is showing!

Old 09-13-2008, 10:41 PM
dpf

132 posts, read 316,175 times
At the beginning of this thread someone mentioned someplace on the west side of Custer....would that by any chance be the Dakota Cowboy? I have eaten at the "Cowboy" on several occasions and the food was outstanding! I understand they are only open from mid-May to mid-September.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
Chris, there is also a Marlin's in Rapid City at the Windmill Truck Stop. They have a 'Marlin's Challenge' where if you eat a HUGE burger, chili fries, and a massive shake in under an hour you get your meal for free.
my hubby seems to think that it is a 4lb burger....

Old 09-14-2008, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
somewhere along the way, I thought I had netioned Nick's Gyro's on 41st in Sioux falls.........anyone else remember when they were in Empire East?....(ok, so my age is showing, again!)
I can remember when Nick's Gyro's was in the Empire East. My dad often took my brother and I there when I was in early elementary school. My memories of it date back to the 1988-1990 era when I was six to eight years old. I can remember that the food was good. The meat had a differnt taste. I have not been there for quite a while and should make a visit one of these days. They moved to the old Taco Bell on 41st St after Taco Bell built a newer fast food place back in the early 1990s. Yes, it was before Kohl's came to town (filled in the space where Richman Gordman's, which was a department store, used to be).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota