Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 10:49 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,722,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashnat View Post
No dannybanany, it's next to Great Clips across from Kmart. Not down by Great Wall. I think the one you're talking about is down by Dominos??? I'll have to drive by there to be sure.
Okay thanks! Yeah it's the TINY box down by Dominos and it looks kinda iffy. I've been waiting for someone else to try it so I can get feedback! I didn't know there was another Mexican restaurant up by Kmart. I'll have to check it out.

Has anyone eaten at Saigon on North Street. I hear they have great pad thai but I'm always kinda dubious about anything on North Street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 09:54 PM

464 posts, read 1,356,262 times
chris, you don't have a Gordmans in Sioux Falls anymore?
Richman Gordmans was the first name, then 1/2 price store, then Gordmans. All the same store, same owners, based out of Omaha.
When did they leave Sioux Falls?

Old 11-23-2008, 10:08 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,927,912 times
Quote:
chris, you don't have a Gordmans in Sioux Falls anymore?
Richman Gordmans was the first name, then 1/2 price store, then Gordmans. All the same store, same owners, based out of Omaha.
When did they leave Sioux Falls?
Gordman's is still in Sioux Falls. It is right across from JC Penney in the Empire Mall complex. It used to be in the Western Mall, where Scheel's is now. The Gordman's is doing very well for itself in Sioux Falls. I see a lot of people in there. I like going there to a few things every now and then.

Sioux Falls had a Richman Gordman's where Kohls is now. It had that concurrently with the 1/2 Price Store. The Richman Gordmans was there back in the late 1980s and early 1990s and closed in around 1992-1993 and Kohl's came in in late 1993 (I can remember being in sixth grade at that time when it opened up-I thought it was neat store and still like going there to bargain hunt and for dress clothes).

Sioux City has a Gordmans and there are quite a few Gordman's in Omaha. It is a growing chain.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:36 PM

My cousin does fashion merchandising for Gordman's. She lives in Omaha and went to school in Lincoln. She's pretty high up and she chooses which brands are sold in the store. I always tell her to get Todd Oldham for men!!!

Old 11-25-2008, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris19 View Post
Sioux City has a Gordmans and there are quite a few Gordman's in Omaha. It is a growing chain.
Yep it is a growing chain. It took them 20 years or so to figure out how to do it, or they finally got the right people in place in Omaha. I used to shop at Richman Gordmans in Lincoln, with an inside playland, elephant slide. Back then the moms would leave the kids in the playland and go shopping! Then they renamed themselves 1/2 price store in the 90's. My friend from college worked for them for several years, but ended up promoting with Younkers instead. Then late 2000 or so when I was living in Omaha they reinvented themselves as Gordmans again. (yet you can still see where "richman" was on the outside of the HQ building)

Lots of upper mgmt from Shopko and Target go work for Pamida and Gordmans, those that want to move up but don't want to relocate out of Omaha. Both of them have their HQ in Omaha right next door to eachother. My hubby left Target for Pamida, he's now a regional manager, and we ended up relocating anyway!

Old 12-05-2008, 08:51 PM

OMG, went to Oma's for dinner tonight and LOVED IT!!!!!

Old 12-05-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
OMG, went to Oma's for dinner tonight and LOVED IT!!!!!
That's good to hear! That's the second appraisal I've heard about Oma's so I'm definitely going to have to check it out too. I was expecting a fat German lady named Oma to serve kielbasa and sauerkraut from a vat but I guess it won't be that bad!

Old 12-05-2008, 09:32 PM

It was delish! And the bakery goods look too yummy to pass up. We bought some to treat ourselves for breakfast tomorrow, but I'm so tempted to break into it now.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:48 PM

106 posts, read 344,481 times
I really like Joey's Seafood and Grill at the Bridges at 57th in Sioux Falls. AMAZING Clam Chowder, really good service, and the BEST Onion Rings you can find anywhere. I also really like On The Border Mexican Grill and Cheescake Factory.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:33 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,927,912 times
I would love to try Joey's. I love seafood. I bought my parents and grandparents gift cards there so they can go and check it out.

I better stop at Bob Evans when I go down south next summer and hit a Steak N Shake in Missouri. Yum Yum. The food down in New Orleans area (regional cusine) is good and I remember it from my trip 11 years ago. The chicken in the South is a heck of lot better than up north (lots of flavor).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota