Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the fastest growing?
Greenville 19 25.00%
Charleston 30 39.47%
Columbia 21 27.63%
Spartanburg 2 2.63%
Anderson 1 1.32%
North Charleston 3 3.95%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 07:48 AM

8,227 posts, read 13,342,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post
Man, you've got to be kidding lol

I can't judge though. I've never driven through the city or downtown Sumter before, but from what I've heard it surprises me a bit that it made such a list.

Sumter does have a fairly nice downtown for a City of its size. Crime and unemployment often dominate Sumter headlines though they have landed a few major industries like Cooper Tires... its still the best city in Sumter County...though..LOL.. not sure where it stacks up statewide..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 11:59 AM

2,130 posts, read 2,271,250 times
Very cool. And of course they just recently got Continental. Not doing bad as far as the tire industry goes.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:19 PM

12,889 posts, read 18,741,137 times
I was born there. We left when I was four. That was enough time for me to influence it in a positive way. It's just now getting some accolades for that. Seriously, I plan to drive over there soon and spend some time downtown. And Swan Lake is a treasure.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:38 PM

281 posts, read 426,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 912 View Post
So....why did you create another stupid & useless poll? For attention?
Not at all, talk about stupid. No wonder Obama won the election again, there are so many stupid people in the world. And I'm sorry if the truth hurts.
Actually, I just wanted to know what people thought, which differs from fact considering more people voted for Columbia than Greenville and Charleston.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:44 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,949,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgartm1185 View Post
Not at all, talk about stupid. No wonder Obama won the election again, there are so many stupid people in the world. And I'm sorry if the truth hurts.
Actually, I just wanted to know what people thought, which differs from fact considering more people voted for Columbia than Greenville and Charleston.

That means that Columbia has more people posting on this thread.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
That means that Columbia has more people posting on this thread.
Probably.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:13 PM

117 posts, read 144,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgartm1185 View Post
You created a poll with no set parameters and don't like the results. Folks are not dumb. It was a dumb question. It depends on the timeframe and geography as to what area/city is growing the fastest. And, even at that, the three areas are so similar in a number of ways, it does not matter.

At this point in time, of these three metros, Charleston is growing the fastest and does not show any signs of letting down in the next couple if years. For a different period, Columbia was the fastest growing.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyandy View Post
You created a poll with no set parameters and don't like the results. Folks are not dumb. It was a dumb question. It depends on the timeframe and geography as to what area/city is growing the fastest. And, even at that, the three areas are so similar in a number of ways, it does not matter.

At this point in time, of these three metros, Charleston is growing the fastest and does not show any signs of letting down in the next couple if years. For a different period, Columbia was the fastest growing.
Well it doesn't look like a lot of people agree with you.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:28 AM

2,130 posts, read 2,271,250 times
happyandy, the OP is interested in un-scientific, biased, simpleton polls rather than statistics involving gross and percentage growth of an area. Deal with it (haha)

Old 05-18-2013, 01:00 AM

117 posts, read 144,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post
happyandy, the OP is interested in un-scientific, biased, simpleton polls rather than statistics involving gross and percentage growth of an area. Deal with it (haha)
You are right. I think the OP wanted to see a certain result which did not happen and thus called everyone dumb. Oh well, it is the Internet, logic is not required.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina