Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2020, 03:50 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,658,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
Much further, Land between the Lakes near Ft. Campbell, KY.
Or even better, where my cousin resides in rural Idaho.
cool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2020, 04:07 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Please
Trump has done all he can to force out professional, long-time government workers from agencies where he wants his stooges to enact policies that are illegal
Your two choices are bogus
Why is naive integrity the only choice against institutional knowledge
And why it is linked to corruption
They don’t go hand in hand any more than integrity is axiomatically “naive”...

You mentioned Ben Carson. He is more corrupt than the average DC rat? No

Anyway think its time to flag this for political crap.

Old 03-13-2020, 08:32 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
No.
Please.
Stop with the Leftist Political Drama and Trump Derangement Syndrome.
This isn't the place for it.
Facts are facts
Trump has cut funding to the CDC
Trump did kill two groups whose purposed was to monitor pandemics and prepare senarios to prevent/minimize damage in the US
Obama created them so Trump (obsessively) had to kill them...

Read this
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...&region=Footer

Trump and his staff have no idea what this virus could and likely will do to America

Old 03-14-2020, 04:21 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,658,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Facts are facts
Trump has cut funding to the CDC
Trump did kill two groups whose purposed was to monitor pandemics and prepare senarios to prevent/minimize damage in the US
Obama created them so Trump (obsessively) had to kill them...

Read this
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...&region=Footer

Trump and his staff have no idea what this virus could and likely will do to America
Yes, facts are facts, but yours are made up propaganda, not facts.
Even the sob story article you linked to doesn't support you.
I am done discussing this with you.

Edited to add, I really hate having to get moderators involved, since I enjoy a little chaos in a conversation(it makes things more interesting), but any further political propaganda I see, I will have to simply report.

Last edited by TRex2; 03-14-2020 at 05:17 AM..

Old 03-14-2020, 10:01 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Yes, facts are facts, but yours are made up propaganda, not facts.
Even the sob story article you linked to doesn't support you.
I am done discussing this with you.

Edited to add, I really hate having to get moderators involved, since I enjoy a little chaos in a conversation(it makes things more interesting), but any further political propaganda I see, I will have to simply report.

The only effective remedy I know.

"This message is hidden because loves2read is on your ignore list."

Something I love not to read.

Old 03-14-2020, 10:46 AM

5,900 posts, read 6,107,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Is it 5 states now that have closed their entire school system or is it 9? How many states have declared a state of emergency because of SARS CoV-19? Half? Where are the test kits??????? Anthony Fauci coronavirus testing capacity. " It is a failing. Lets admit it."

These are not leftist talking points. These are facts reported across all of media, well, maybe except for Hannity.

Trump lies during his monotone teleprompter speech and the market tumbles over 2000 points. Maybe he should just keep his mouth shut, and hire back the pandemic office he shut to save money and give his besties a big beautiful tax break. You can't leave politics out of this. Trump visits the CDC with his new campaign slogan on his hat, and talks about the perfect call and perfect response to this pandemic, and lies some more about the not available test kits.
South Korea created a test kit in 3 weeks! Three weeks! They test 10,000 a day to our 10,000 since this started in February. Why?

You want honesty? Don't make me laugh. Better yet, go on the W.H.O and crippled CDC websites and read about this.
45 states plus DC and Puerto Rico declared state of emergency. And I guess the country as a whole too now. Only WV has no confirmed cases. Nine states have confirmed deaths. PA, DE, OH, MI, OR, MD, KY, NM are closing schools, maybe others too. I don't think WA is closing schools across the state yet but it has done so in the entire Seattle Metro area which is about 1/2 of the state's population.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:06 AM

5,900 posts, read 6,107,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
I think the reason WHO declared this a pandemic, is that they now see it as inevitable that the virus will spread to an "exceptionally high proportion of the population", and I'd have to say that I agree. There is little sign of this slowing down and at this rate, it will spread to about half or more of the population within a couple months unless every country does Hubei and Italy style lockdowns (and even then, it's unclear how well those will work long-term).

Old 03-14-2020, 11:50 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,800,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memph View Post
45 states plus DC and Puerto Rico declared state of emergency. And I guess the country as a whole too now. Only WV has no confirmed cases. Nine states have confirmed deaths. PA, DE, OH, MI, OR, MD, KY, NM are closing schools, maybe others too. I don't think WA is closing schools across the state yet but it has done so in the entire Seattle Metro area which is about 1/2 of the state's population.
Thank you for the information. Our state just closed all of the schools here in Illinois starting next Tuesday. All but one confirmed case is in Cook County where we live. We are close to Chicago and I expect it will get pretty bad here. We will drive an hour or more for supplies now. I fully expect we will be isolated here for the next two months or more. I hope we do a better job of containing it than New York has. I had no idea it was in Puerto Rico too. That's unfortunate. They've had enough to deal with these last couple of years.

Old 03-14-2020, 04:40 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Latest blog from MedCram.com
A science based info site about many medical points of information
Running a daily series on the new corona virus
This blog
https://youtu.be/vww1nIIoqmw

Discusses the AIRBORNE transmission facet of this virus which is nastier/more threatening that the large-droplet method the CDC has pushed...
CDC is wrong or this virus has mutated to allow this transmission method since it first was investigated
Makes it much more difficult to protect against with airborne transmission
Great examples of how this works
Watch it and learn something that is not just apocrypha

Old 03-14-2020, 04:53 PM

291 posts, read 378,170 times
I think high percentage of the US population will end up with it but I do think it is very important that we try to make spread as slow as possible so that the peak of the virus does't hit all at once and overwhelm healthcare workers and cause a shortage of supplies. So I'm supportive of social distancing, cancellation of large events and schools. Our metro schools here in Omaha (including our largest 52,000 students) are closed for at least this week and they will continue to asses the situation each week to determine if additional weeks of remote learning are needed. It is inconvenient for working parents but imagine not having a hospital bed left if someone you love ends up with a critical case. There are also MANY grandparents caring for children. So even if child is just an asymptomatic carrier it is potential fatal to their caretaker.

I rather get started doing something preventative than be the next Italy where it had spread so widely before measures were taken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness