Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2020, 08:43 PM

25,827 posts, read 12,868,345 times

Advertisements

ALL building has stopped near me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2020, 07:30 AM

564 posts, read 553,501 times
Thanks for the reply beach, much appreciated. Just trying to get more of a handle on delays to better prepare.

I am going to ask the residents on the Facebook group for Lakewood National if they are working. I am not complaining, much larger issues in the world right now than my new home. Just trying to set proper expectation and have a better plan.

Old 04-03-2020, 08:02 AM

564 posts, read 553,501 times
Got a reply (from facebook so take with a grain of salt) that the Project Manager for Lennar said they are going to finish all houses already started, but not start new ones at this time.

Old 04-03-2020, 09:22 AM

5,662 posts, read 10,753,203 times
This makes sense. When the economy tanked last time, most of the builders finished up what was started and then stopped. In some cases, they came back later and finished and in other cases the lots were sold to another builder who finished out the community. I'm in the camp that thinks things will bounce back at a faster pace than last time but have no clue when that will begin. Lennar is a big company. My guess is that they will finish it up when the time comes that it makes sense. It could be less than a year from now (fingers crossed) but it might not.

Old 04-03-2020, 01:10 PM

4,622 posts, read 7,550,946 times
Spoke with someone at Neal Communities today regarding new construction in the Venice area and he said Neal is going forward with construction of both model and spec homes in their new communities in our area. So if buyers are considering new construction, you will need to check with each individual builder as to whether they are putting things on hold for now or not.

Old 04-03-2020, 01:15 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,753,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
Spoke with someone at Neal Communities today regarding new construction in the Venice area and he said Neal is going forward with construction of both model and spec homes in their new communities in our area. So if buyers are considering new construction, you will need to check with each individual builder as to whether they are putting things on hold for now or not.
This is consistent, too, with what happened during the crash. Neal was almost the only large builder that kept right on building and developing while the others either left town or circled their wagons.

Old 04-03-2020, 01:31 PM

How about an upbeat story regarding people in our area working together for a good cause?

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2020/04/0...irus-pandemic/

The Suncoast Humane Society has made history as the world continues to face the novel coronavirus pandemic.

The organization announced it finished the last set of paperwork for the last two animals at its shelter last night, just before the stay-at-home order went into effect.

Good for them!

Old 04-03-2020, 05:35 PM

8,503 posts, read 4,702,340 times
Homemade face masks and coronavirus: New CDC policy and everything you should know:
https://news.google.com/articles/CAI...S&ceid=US%3Aen

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has reversed its recommendation on wearing face masks -- including cloth face coverings sewn at home -- to say that individuals should wear coverings in public in addition to taking measures like social distancing.

The White House on Friday announced the new guidelines, based on the CDC's evaluation. It recommends that everyone wear a face covering that's made of basic cloth or fabric that can be washed and reused. The CDC says not to seek out medical or surgical grade masks but to leave N95 masks to health care workers.

The CDC stressed that its new guidelines should be followed along with earlier precautions, like self-quarantine at home, frequently and thoroughly washing your hands and practicing appropriate social distancing. Previously, the agency considered homemade face masks to be used as a last resort in hospitals and medical facilities.

Old 04-03-2020, 07:21 PM

3,381 posts, read 1,977,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
How about an upbeat story regarding people in our area working together for a good cause?

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2020/04/0...irus-pandemic/

The Suncoast Humane Society has made history as the world continues to face the novel coronavirus pandemic.

The organization announced it finished the last set of paperwork for the last two animals at its shelter last night, just before the stay-at-home order went into effect.

Good for them!
This is indeed wonderful news! There seems to be an overall increase in the number of people adopting cats and dogs during this crisis so maybe going forward, we'll see more people choosing to adopt. Taking my dogs out for their daily walks is the highlight of my day. As I walk through my neighborhood I'm seeing people who I had never seen before, sitting by their open garage doors and waving, from a safe distance, of course. Leave it to Sunshine to bring us some good news

Old 04-06-2020, 01:03 PM

Finally, a report breaking down the coronavirus positives by ZIP CODE in Manatee and Sarasota counties:

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2...rasota-manatee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area