Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2011, 11:08 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,184,722 times
There are many asians to be found here. You won't be disappointed. There are many especially around UCSD and UTC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 11:33 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,995,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosela View Post
. over here i heard alot of racial discrimination about asian's (like filipinos) but yah as filipino i am proud.. am not a racial person cuz i do believe that each and every1 have the capabality to do things in their own knowledge and acceptance..but i thankful to u all guys reading all your messages gave me insight how san diego people treating each other.
Didn't realize the Filipinos have made their way up to Chicago. If you move to San Diego (especially around Miramar), you will think it's the Phillipines and you will be right at home.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:07 PM

4 posts, read 8,529 times
tnx guys.. really appreciated.. yup is alot of filipinos in here too but as i can see some of them are snab and as not as friendly.. my parents told me filipinos are always carrying the word "crab mentality" which means when some1 is trying to be something in life they will grab you and try to put you down.. so i just really wish that filipinos there are not so mean..

Old 04-05-2011, 12:01 AM

2,299 posts, read 4,831,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxaniel View Post
Mira Mesa is a disgusting area. I worked in Sorrento Valley for a month (I'm from LA/NYC, though) and drove around Mira Mesa a lot during that time... yeah, Asians trashed it. Am I racist? No, sorry--I'm white but all my friends aren't. But heck... Asians in Mira Mesa are way out there and are ruining it... I was in a parking lot and I saw a car that was, basically, backing up straight into my car--I started to scream, but that **** that was driving it kept backing right into my vehicle--it took lots of screaming to get her attention--that woman was obviously fresh off the boat from Vietnam or whatever and had no business driving in the US of A (I'm an immigrant too, btw, and didn't start driving until I qualified for it, actually). Also I went to Asian food store in MM and got some hateful stares and all employees were obviously illegal aliens from Asia and spoke 0 English--hey don't come here until you bother to learn English.
WOW! Do you live in San Diego now? Please say NO!

Old 04-05-2011, 05:43 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,326,559 times
XXaniel, your post is nonsensical and dumb to anyone who actually knows what they're talking about.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:19 PM

455 posts, read 1,119,378 times
Wow XXaniel,
I don't know what's worse, what you described or how you described it...with kind of attitude.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:51 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,421,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxaniel View Post
Mira Mesa is a disgusting area. I worked in Sorrento Valley for a month (I'm from LA/NYC, though) and drove around Mira Mesa a lot during that time... yeah, Asians trashed it. Am I racist? No, sorry--I'm white but all my friends aren't. But heck... Asians in Mira Mesa are way out there and are ruining it... I was in a parking lot and I saw a car that was, basically, backing up straight into my car--I started to scream, but that **** that was driving it kept backing right into my vehicle--it took lots of screaming to get her attention--that woman was obviously fresh off the boat from Vietnam or whatever and had no business driving in the US of A (I'm an immigrant too, btw, and didn't start driving until I qualified for it, actually). Also I went to Asian food store in MM and got some hateful stares and all employees were obviously illegal aliens from Asia and spoke 0 English--hey don't come here until you bother to learn English.
Issues

Old 04-11-2011, 12:47 PM

88 posts, read 223,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djxpress View Post
People that came to be through natural selection? Yes....you're backing up my point. Part of natural selection is adaptability and genetic variation.

It's a well known fact that African Americans are better runners (as a whole), than people of other races, and it's due to genetics. It is also a fact that AAs are much more likely to get Sickle Cell disease, and once again, it's due to genetics. Those are the facts, and they're not disputed.

Would you say that men and women are the same physically and mentally? Of course not, women can handle more pain and tend to be more intelligent and emotionally fit than men. Men, on the other hand, can build bigger muscles (with less effort), etc. Those are the facts, and they're not disputed.

So, if one can agree with the above statements, then one could also go another step and say that there are probably things that Asians can do better, Caucasians can do better, etc. And it simply boils down to genetics.

To say that everyone is the same, nobody is different, is quite frankly a bunch of bullsh-t and a disservice to humankind as a whole.

Edit: And this is my opinion, of course. To bash a previous poster for trying to preach, and the turn around and do the same thing, makes me a hypocrite.

Genetics have a huge play, but so does culture and environment. Blacks outside of Africa are good athletes because the slave trade weeded out the physically weaker genes. But in addition, all the role models of black Americans are athletes and performers, so you will see many blacks training to be athletes and rappers at very young ages, even if they are not genetically gifted in that area.

Asians stress importance on family values and education, so at a younger age, the kids study, work hard, and learn to take care of the family. This doesn't mean Asias are naturally smarter or hard working, but just have been bred to do so at a young age.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:36 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,337,871 times
I was in Lakeside the other day and overheard two guys talking. He says "That (N-word) ain't going to take my money." The other guy agrees with him. They were talking about Obama so yes racism is still alive in Lakeside.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:00 PM

73 posts, read 121,033 times
There is racism, but it isn't like Chicago or other cities with clear boundaries where only certain people live. San Diego has everyone all mixed in together, but there is still that vibe in certain areas where Asians, Mexicans or Whites dominate. As a black man, I've seen racism towards Mexicans, Asians and even Whites, but there are so few Blacks here that others don't comment on it unless that want to vent about the President for good measure, and I hear THAT a lot. A traffic jam in North County, and it's his fault...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego