Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2010, 09:34 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,413,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djxpress View Post
One thing I'm sure we can both agree on is that there are two different schools of thought on this.
Yes, we can agree on that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 02:26 AM

5 posts, read 9,950 times
Default San Diego is Racist and Biased - Open Your Eyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Your post is only half right but doesn't tell the whole story of SD. At one time, I certainly woud have agreed with you regarding the race relations aspect. However, the city has change a lot over the last 10 years and that racial divide has largely disappeared especially for the younger generations. If you're 50 or over there may still be some problems but younger people see an SD that older generations would not know and that's a good thing.

I agree with you on the jobs outlook. Even in the best of times, San Diego's job market is fair at best.

Not sure what you meant about different cultures not meshing well; explain "meshing well". Again, this may be a generational thing. I've seen both faces of SD so I know what the Sd defenders are talking about as well as the SD haters. What the latter should know is that the city has been changing and continues to change. I think it largely depends on where you are in SD; if you spend your time in most places north of I-8, I can see where you'd see some of that animosity. However SD is big so you can get away from it. No way one can compare University City to Hillcrest.

The law enforcement statements are completely false. Enough said.

Now as most would tell you, I'm not one to often sing SD's praises but we should stay within reason and remind others that it's our personal preference whether we like it or not. SD isn't for everyone but no city is. However, a lot of people do like SD and many more will once they visit. It's not the best place in the world but certainly isn't the worse either.
You are entitled to your opinion. However, the older generations run San Diego. Therefore, if you are young or old and they don't care for you - forget it! Many times, this dislike is not based of off something that you have done wrong, either. It's called being racist, biased and/or ignorant.

Although San Diego has good employers (like anywhere with bad employers), for the most part your employer will be a Conservative, quite possibly affiliated with the Republican party that won't compensate you properly (Meg Whitman, anyone?). In fact, the whole San Diego politically is considered to be very very Conservative and Republican.

What I mean by different cultures not meshing well is: racial problems. Not many minorities associating with caucasians and vice versa. It's also African-Americans and Spanish people many times that don't get along. This is also apparent amongst younger people. I don't hate SD I dislike the operations of it and inform others so they can be aware or beware. Like any other place SD does have things to offer. It is up to each individual to decide if what it has to offer is worth what it may not offer that same individual.

Law enforcement in SD is constantly looking to arrest and incarcerate. Typically, these are for minor offenses as well. They have bail bonds all over the place and it is a big system that seems to involve many that may not need to be involved. There isn't much big major crime in SD. However, you will find police in abundance.

I find that suppression leads many in SD (and for that matter, many places) to accept the environment and daily occurrences of the area. If you like the conditions that I've named above plus in a prior post and could continue to name, then SD suppression may very well be for you. I would bet that the people who do like SD are the ones that grew up there with family and resources and are lighter skinned plus aligned with the Republican/Conservative/Tea Party ideologies.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:20 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,182,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLiNdIvIdUaL View Post
You are entitled to your opinion. However, the older generations run San Diego. Therefore, if you are young or old and they don't care for you - forget it! Many times, this dislike is not based of off something that you have done wrong, either. It's called being racist, biased and/or ignorant.

Although San Diego has good employers (like anywhere with bad employers), for the most part your employer will be a Conservative, quite possibly affiliated with the Republican party that won't compensate you properly (Meg Whitman, anyone?). In fact, the whole San Diego politically is considered to be very very Conservative and Republican.

What I mean by different cultures not meshing well is: racial problems. Not many minorities associating with caucasians and vice versa. It's also African-Americans and Spanish people many times that don't get along. This is also apparent amongst younger people. I don't hate SD I dislike the operations of it and inform others so they can be aware or beware. Like any other place SD does have things to offer. It is up to each individual to decide if what it has to offer is worth what it may not offer that same individual.

Law enforcement in SD is constantly looking to arrest and incarcerate. Typically, these are for minor offenses as well. They have bail bonds all over the place and it is a big system that seems to involve many that may not need to be involved. There isn't much big major crime in SD. However, you will find police in abundance.

I find that suppression leads many in SD (and for that matter, many places) to accept the environment and daily occurrences of the area. If you like the conditions that I've named above plus in a prior post and could continue to name, then SD suppression may very well be for you. I would bet that the people who do like SD are the ones that grew up there with family and resources and are lighter skinned plus aligned with the Republican/Conservative/Tea Party ideologies.

CRAP BIG STINKING PILE OF CRAP is what this post is

Old 12-18-2010, 08:23 AM

10,034 posts, read 9,520,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLiNdIvIdUaL View Post
Law enforcement in SD is constantly looking to arrest and incarcerate.

When did this start? I tell ya, I'm just shocked.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:26 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,182,481 times
Notice he only has 2 posts

Old 12-27-2010, 08:50 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,589,213 times
well, I never experienced the DWB in jersey (I am mixed high yellow bruh) and I drove around the whole state for First American Title to the courthouses, no problems whatsoever, and not in Cali. I was more afraid of runnin' into the mob or getting hurt in Camden or in Newark. There are some serious rough areas there. I actually feel more respect & open arms from Northeast people and Floridians than California (where I was raised)

Old 01-02-2011, 06:45 AM

Really!? LOL! How so? If you care to reply, a respectable one would be appreciated.

Oh, and btw - nice screen name, "BacktoBlue"...I wonder what that is symbolic of.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
When did this start? I tell ya, I'm just shocked.
Probably since their existence, lol.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
Notice he only has 2 posts
Good observation, now go and do some more investigating of me, ....like the number of posts I have has anything to do with the content within the posts, SMH!

Old 01-02-2011, 11:03 AM

4 posts, read 8,526 times
i read all the messages and me myself not (W or B), am asian and pretty much sure that i will hear something about asians.. i live in chicago right now and i will be moving in san diego in a month or so, i really dont have idea about san diego except their nice weather.. over here i heard alot of racial discrimination about asian's (like filipinos) but yah as filipino i am proud.. am not a racial person cuz i do believe that each and every1 have the capabality to do things in their own knowledge and acceptance..but i thankful to u all guys reading all your messages gave me insight how san diego people treating each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego