Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2012, 01:34 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,864,882 times

Advertisements

60's ....skyride?? I don't think it was installed that early was it?? It came a while after Hemisfair was history. I think it was the 70's. Yes, I rode it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 01:41 PM

Dr. Pepper plant was around the corner from Coca Cola's on E. Houston. RC I don't recall. I think Bordens was on Josephine near Foremost.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:34 PM

263 posts, read 480,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFREAK View Post
Hey, ...does anyone remember riding the Sky Ride in Brackenridge Park in the late 60's....I wonder whatever happened to all of the equipment when it was dismantled ? Wasn't this about the time that Hemisfair was being built ?
S A F, in reference to the Sky Ride,the last I heard the McCombs family had bought it,what happend with it then is anyones guess.I know that it stopped with people in the condolas.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFREAK View Post
Albert,...I could hit all of those places with a rock from where I grew up. Right across the street from my house was the Pepsi Bottling Co. around the corner was RC Cola, and down the street and around the corner was Frostie Root Beer and Big Red. The Wrestlethon was a big green wooden building as I remember. Remember Jose Latherio,..??? Taco Land was right around the corner as well.
Yes,Ican still remember throwing a cup of ice and Coke from the balconey thinking I could reach the the wrestler who beat Mil Mascars,but instead hit a cop.I didn't get caught but man was I scared being 8yrs.old.I belive I still have some old programs of that time, being 1960-62.I saw Danny McShane,Duke Kamuka,Joe Blancherd,Prince Myeva.The Destroyer(figure-4 fame)all the big stars of that time.Wished I had a photo of the place.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:04 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,547,026 times
Ok this is all around 1975 give or take. I was working out near the HEB warehouse for The Monarch Paper Company. Print shops were everywhere back then. The Big Red Bottling Plant was out there. This is 35 near Rittiman and 410. I had friends who worked at Colonial Cakes and that big frozen food distributer that I can't remember the name of. I watched Coors beer build a warehouse right across the street in this big vacant lot. I also heard Ed Macman christen Windsor mall on KONO. I think I was going to make a point but it is gone now.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Dr. Pepper plant was around the corner from Coca Cola's on E. Houston. RC I don't recall. I think Bordens was on Josephine near Foremost.
Does anyone remember Tiner's Ice Cream?I thought the their trucks were classy.the driver for our neighborhood got my really dog spoiled one summer he felt sorry for because my dog would wine and wine as he would pss by.So one he decided to stop and give him a vanilla cup.This becme a routine,so mydad would leave change for the driver to pay for each cup that he would leave .in a coffee can.Talk about trust .Some how my dog knew when the driver would stop coming around,so he'd spend his time in the back yard in the winter time.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwangle View Post
Ok this is all around 1975 give or take. I was working out near the HEB warehouse for The Monarch Paper Company. Print shops were everywhere back then. The Big Red Bottling Plant was out there. This is 35 near Rittiman and 410. I had friends who worked at Colonial Cakes and that big frozen food distributer that I can't remember the name of. I watched Coors beer build a warehouse right across the street in this big vacant lot. I also heard Ed Macman christen Windsor mall on KONO. I think I was going to make a point but it is gone now.
Big Red is off Binz-Engleman behind Friedrich now. Seems like it was right off 410 near I-35 or WW.White up near where it meets 410 for many years. I knew some of the Colonial family a younger son maybe lived off Vandiver or just north of Austin Hwy. His last name was Cross I think. He had married and neighbor friend of the family. Some of the Richter family lived out in Churchill Estates.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert soliz View Post
Does anyone remember Tiner's Ice Cream?I thought the their trucks were classy.the driver for our neighborhood got my really dog spoiled one summer he felt sorry for because my dog would wine and wine as he would pss by.So one he decided to stop and give him a vanilla cup.This becme a routine,so mydad would leave change for the driver to pay for each cup that he would leave .in a coffee can.Talk about trust .Some how my dog knew when the driver would stop coming around,so he'd spend his time in the back yard in the winter time.
Yep, Tiners appeared on the scene after Cravy vanished or was going down ...Smart dog!

Old 12-12-2012, 06:41 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,547,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Yep, Tiners appeared on the scene after Cravy vanished or was going down ...Smart dog!
The Tiners Ice cream guys sold Marijuana too. I guess it has been long enough for me to enlighten everyone---if you didn't already know.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwangle View Post
The Tiners Ice cream guys sold Marijuana too. I guess it has been long enough for me to enlighten everyone---if you didn't already know.
Dwangle;I guess that' s why they would never sell me anything from the side compartments,only out the rear
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio