Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 01:44 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,400,668 times

Advertisements

Here's a link for anyone that would like to help out some furry friends: Petfinder.com

Old 12-17-2008, 03:56 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,042,880 times
And he shall be called ...........Lucky. Even if you name him something completely different, he's still a lucky dog.

That's awesome of you luckygreeniii's!! Also you svg! I posted a dog in here a couple of years ago, and they promptly moved my thread to the classified section, so I'm glad yours got to stay and there was a happy ending!

Old 12-17-2008, 04:42 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,542,705 times
[quote=sapphire;6604624]And he shall be called ...........Lucky. Even if you name him something completely different, he's still a lucky dog.

That's awesome of you luckygreeniii's!! Also you svg! I posted a dog in here a couple of years ago, and they promptly moved my thread to the classified section, so I'm glad yours got to stay and there was a happy ending![/quote/]

Ok, here is the update...

Doggy has been at our house for about an hour. Lots of hiney sniffing but he seems to be getting along just fine with our golden. The girls are loving him and he has been very good with them.

As for the name...svg has been calling him "sparky" and the girls like that but I am kind of thinking he looks like a "bob" or "jimmy" Actually, he looks a lot like Ode.

Thanks svg for our new addition!

Old 12-17-2008, 05:41 PM

does anyone call their dog by the same name all the time?
all of my dogs have at least 5 other names and they know them all

Old 12-17-2008, 06:10 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,371,909 times
[quote=luckygreeniii;6605320]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
And he shall be called ...........Lucky. Even if you name him something completely different, he's still a lucky dog.

That's awesome of you luckygreeniii's!! Also you svg! I posted a dog in here a couple of years ago, and they promptly moved my thread to the classified section, so I'm glad yours got to stay and there was a happy ending![/quote/]

Doggy has been at our house for about an hour. Lots of hiney sniffing but he seems to be getting along just fine with our golden. The girls are loving him and he has been very good with them.

As for the name...svg has been calling him "sparky" and the girls like that but I am kind of thinking he looks like a "bob" or "jimmy" Actually, he looks a lot like Ode.

awwww!!! I can stop biting my nails! What a happy ending to this story today. Both of you (and families) deserve medals! And so does CD of letting this play out! WTG!!!!

OMG....that Chiweenie is TOO cute!!!!

Old 12-17-2008, 07:33 PM

269 posts, read 745,965 times
[quote=luckygreeniii;6605320]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post

LOL sparky is how I used to refer to annoying ex boyfriends, sorry it just came to mind

Old 12-18-2008, 02:41 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,858,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
does anyone call their dog by the same name all the time?
all of my dogs have at least 5 other names and they know them all
I always had a special name for my dog when he'd steal the steak off the pit in the backyard!! Something like you little M@#P#%%%B@@#F#@&*%!!I love big, I mean big dogs you can wrestle with!! RD , your poor dogs probably need psychiatric help . If they have 5 names chances are they have 5 personalities!!J/k I am a dog lover glad that one found a good home!! Most I ever had was right after High School!! I had a great mostly Collie (Smart) and two German Shepard Pups. I used to know a couple of Lacklands dog trainers and handlers way back!! Dogs are great , cats are ungrateful and useless!! I should know I have a ton of them!! Anyone who rescues an animal is a saint!! I'm tired and I'm checking out see ya' later!!

Last edited by SATX56; 12-18-2008 at 02:59 AM..

Old 12-18-2008, 04:13 AM

Well, little doggie no name had a good night. I don't crate our other dog-he has the run of the house-so I thought I would leave the little dog out also and just deal with whatever I found in the morning. I woke up to NO accidents! I am so proud of the little guy. He is such a lover and his little tail is always going. I can't believe how well the dogs are getting along, I think Sargie is excited to have a new friend.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:15 AM

hmm, that tail wagging is more evidence of at least some daschund. My two chiweenies do some insane tail wagging, especially when they're excited. The funny thing is one will be beating the crap out of the other with her tail, but won't notice. They have very strong tails too and will use them and their butt to fight. One day I need to take some videos of my dogs.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
hmm, that tail wagging is more evidence of at least some daschund. My two chiweenies do some insane tail wagging, especially when they're excited. The funny thing is one will be beating the crap out of the other with her tail, but won't notice. They have very strong tails too and will use them and their butt to fight. One day I need to take some videos of my dogs.
I wouldn't be surprised, his body is really long. I just wish I had an idea how old he is, he is a chewer and seems like he has a lot of puppy in him. He was after my tie-blanket this morning, I am going to have to make him one of his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio