Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 08:01 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,508,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
Well, with all due respect I think that tonight is the first hurdle.

I think I can speak for everyone when saying thanks for providing shelter and other needs at least for tonight.

If he is that adoptable, perhaps he will be rescued either by a family or by one of the rescue organizations that visit the ACS weekly.
Well, I get too little credit lol, just kidding actually this is the second night he stays with my dad. He'd keep it but with those jerks living right behind him he feels unshure. but I told him theres nothing to worry abou. They should be thankfull we dont call the cops on them for animal abuse.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:09 PM

I just found out that its a felony to abandon an animal...

Texas Penal Code, Title 9, Chapter 42, 42.09
Cruelty to animals is defined as: “ (1) tortures an animal; (2) fails unreasonably to provide necessary food, care, or shelter for an animal in the person's custody; (3) abandons unreasonably an animal in the person's custody; (4) transports or confines an animal in a cruel manner; (5) kills, seriously injures, or administers poison to an animal, other than cattle, horses, sheep, swine, or goats, belonging to another without legal authority or the owner's effective consent; (6) causes one animal to fight with another; (7) uses a live animal as a lure in dog race training or in dog coursing on a racetrack; (8) trips a horse; (9) injures an animal, other than cattle, horses, sheep, swine, or goats, belonging to another without legal authority or the owner's effective consent; or (10) seriously overworks an animal.” Sections (2), (3), (4), (9), or (10) (provide necessary food, care, shelter; abandons; transports in a cruel manner; injures, or seriously overworks) are a Class A Misdemeanor with a fine up to $4000 and/or imprisonment up to 1 year. The third conviction of the above is a State Jail Felony, with a fine up to $10,000 and/or imprisonment from 180 days to 2 years. Sections (1), (5), (6), (7), or (8) (tortures; kills, seriously injures or poisons; animal fighting; uses as a lure; trips a horse) is a State Jail Felony with a fine up to $10,000 and/or imprisonment from 180 days to 2 years. A third conviction of the above is a Felony of the Third Degree with a fine up to $10,000 and/or imprisonment from 2 to 10 years. Exemptions are made for bona fide scientific research, protection of property or persons, fishing, hunting or trapping, wildlife control, and animal husbandry.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:15 PM

311 posts, read 846,728 times
I hope your Dad ends up keeping him

It's interesting that it's a felony. I would be inclined to report them but I can understand that your Dad probably does not need a fued with the neighbors. What pigs they are to just kick the dog out like that.
They are setting themselves up for some wicked karma!

Old 12-16-2008, 08:20 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,687,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
I just found out that its a felony to abandon an animal...

Texas Penal Code, Title 9, Chapter 42, 42.09
Cruelty to animals is defined as: “ (1) tortures an animal; (2) fails unreasonably to provide necessary food, care, or shelter for an animal in the person's custody; (3) abandons unreasonably an animal in the person's custody; (4) transports or confines an animal in a cruel manner; (5) kills, seriously injures, or administers poison to an animal, other than cattle, horses, sheep, swine, or goats, belonging to another without legal authority or the owner's effective consent; (6) causes one animal to fight with another; (7) uses a live animal as a lure in dog race training or in dog coursing on a racetrack; (8) trips a horse; (9) injures an animal, other than cattle, horses, sheep, swine, or goats, belonging to another without legal authority or the owner's effective consent; or (10) seriously overworks an animal.” Sections (2), (3), (4), (9), or (10) (provide necessary food, care, shelter; abandons; transports in a cruel manner; injures, or seriously overworks) are a Class A Misdemeanor with a fine up to $4000 and/or imprisonment up to 1 year. The third conviction of the above is a State Jail Felony, with a fine up to $10,000 and/or imprisonment from 180 days to 2 years. Sections (1), (5), (6), (7), or (8) (tortures; kills, seriously injures or poisons; animal fighting; uses as a lure; trips a horse) is a State Jail Felony with a fine up to $10,000 and/or imprisonment from 180 days to 2 years. A third conviction of the above is a Felony of the Third Degree with a fine up to $10,000 and/or imprisonment from 2 to 10 years. Exemptions are made for bona fide scientific research, protection of property or persons, fishing, hunting or trapping, wildlife control, and animal husbandry.

eh,no. too bad.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
eh,no. too bad.
awww that made me sad. lol either way its not going to be pretty for that scoundrel

Old 12-16-2008, 08:30 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,378,148 times
He's adorable!!! I would take him in an instant if I wasn't already surrounded by cats. I hope you can hang on to him until SA08 can have a powow with her hubby. He can't say no with all of CD waiting and wondering!!! That little guy looks so appreciative of the kindness and eager to be a good pet to someone. It's a shame that people aren't the ones required to be licensed to OWN a pet....instead of the other way around.

I think this is a great match you guys!!!

Old 12-17-2008, 06:39 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,804,582 times
I vote for turning in the bum. That's not a good thing for them to do. Hopefully the city takes what they did seriously. They sound unfit to keep an animal.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:39 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,543,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
well he didnt drop one anytime he was briefly in my dads house. and yes he's been around children. My little brother offred it to the neighbors. but they refused it because it was a male dog.

and these jerks abandoned him out of cruelty! I went to their house to ask them if they are aware, but they said they didnt want it just like that. I almost threw up!
Do you have any idea how old he is, if he is fixed, and how he is with other dogs?

Old 12-17-2008, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
Do you have any idea how old he is, if he is fixed, and how he is with other dogs?
well he's been getting along with my dads dog. My dad has a mini pincher so at first the pincher wasnt accepting him. I do not know how old he might be but he's full of energy so he might be young. I not aware if he's fixed or not. I went back to the famiy that abandoned him and I got to talk to the father. He said that he ran away so he doesnt want to take it back. thats trully sad.

I do not want to ditch this pup at the shelter because I know people will take it ASAP! IF there was a way i could find some one to take care of it for the next two weeks while we're out of town.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:51 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,543,647 times
Is he PTed? I just tried to call my husband and he couldn't talk. I guess it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission, right? We can maybe take him on a trial basis (for the two weeks you are out of town) and then see from there? I want to understand what I am getting into since we have a large dog at home and small children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio