Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 07:54 AM

1,720 posts, read 4,507,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
Is he PTed? I just tried to call my husband and he couldn't talk. I guess it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission, right? We can maybe take him on a trial basis (for the two weeks you are out of town) and then see from there? I want to understand what I am getting into since we have a large dog at home and small children.
whats PTed? well the dog is real tamed my little brother's friends came over to take it. and they grabbed him, the dog didnt even fuss.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:56 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,542,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
whats PTed? well the dog is real tamed my little brother's friends came over to take it. and they grabbed him, the dog didnt even fuss.
sorry, potty trained aka house trained

Old 12-17-2008, 08:01 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,402,807 times
Big and little dogs can get along just fine. I have dogs ranging from a chihuahua to a chow and there's only play fighting. The little ones have speed and that allows them to excape the "play bites" the chow tries to give out. She doesn't exactly like them, but she accepts them because she realizes I want them and her and she has to accept them. Dogs are pretty smart and definitely smarter than a lot of owners..

Old 12-17-2008, 08:03 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,037,153 times
Quote:
you are a good person and the world needs more like you instead of mike vick's. so you think the dog will be fine then???

Old 12-17-2008, 08:05 AM

I am not that worried about our golden, he is pretty mellow. (except if there is someone around that he "knows" isn't welcome. Funny how they know that)

Old 12-17-2008, 08:06 AM

340 posts, read 646,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
I vote for turning in the bum. That's not a good thing for them to do. Hopefully the city takes what they did seriously. They sound unfit to keep an animal.
Agreed. I vote for turning him in. A few thousand dollars in fines should get them out of the "I don't care" fog. It's a life, an innocent life that they booted from their home.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:06 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,211,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Big and little dogs can get along just fine. I have dogs ranging from a chihuahua to a chow and there's only play fighting. The little ones have speed and that allows them to excape the "play bites" the chow tries to give out. She doesn't exactly like them, but she accepts them because she realizes I want them and her and she has to accept them. Dogs are pretty smart and definitely smarter than a lot of owners..
I agree, I have a Border Collie and a Toy Fox Terrier. They get along great.

Maybe it depends on which dog you are introducing. I had the small one first and he accepted the big one.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
sorry, potty trained aka house trained
well I kept him in my house for a few hours and he didnt drop anything while it was here. My dad keeps them both on the porch he has a slight cavern thing thats real warm, with lots of blankets and the exhaust from the drying machine. The little pup loves the cold weather! and I'm not just saying. I've seen lots of dogs trembling in their houses but this one just keeps running around playing with the other dog my dad has.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:12 AM

Quote:
well I kept him in my house for a few hours and he didnt drop anything while it was here. My dad keeps them both on the porch he has a slight cavern thing thats real warm, with lots of blankets and the exhaust from the drying machine. The little pup loves the cold weather! and I'm not just saying. I've seen lots of dogs trembling in their houses but this one just keeps running around playing with the other dog my dad has.
sent you a dm

Old 12-17-2008, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
you are a good person and the world needs more like you instead of mike vick's. so you think the dog will be fine then???
Thanks I just love dogs. Personally I'd keep it but I know my dog wont accept him because he was barkin fiercly at it. and my dad is iffy about keeping it. more than likey he's going to keep it. but we are going to be gone for a few weeks, My dad is comming back sooner than me though. So was looking for someone to keep it. If i dont sucseed I just might ask my dad's neighboor to look after it.

And about the other family that ditched him. They are going to regret. I could call and turn them in, but that would be negative karma for me and I really dont need that bad energy right now, especially after my trailer flipped over on monday :O. So I'll let the good lord upstairs take care of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio