Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 02:02 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,544,941 times

Advertisements

The doggie has officially been named.
While I preferred Oscar Meyer (Oscar for short) I was outvoted and the name is

Carlisle

Old 12-18-2008, 02:23 PM

269 posts, read 746,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
The doggie has officially been named.
While I preferred Oscar Meyer (Oscar for short) I was outvoted and the name is

Carlisle

I like it, different did you think Carlisle the Dog (CD) ?

Old 12-18-2008, 02:25 PM

I thought about naming him CD or (sid) but I was just throwing names out and Carlisle is a character in my favorite book series and the girls liked it. Can't pronounce it, but they like it!

Old 12-18-2008, 02:32 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,427,585 times
that's almost as unique as my renaming of my chihuahua. His previous owners named him Money, so that is his official name, but for some reason I've always called him Smed, which is short for Smedley and sometimes it is shmed, shmedley, smed smed, gaybo, gayboy, and several others. The gay thing is because he always has one leg bent when he's sitting down, sorta like a limp wrist. The other reason is because he's in love with me. Nothing wrong with that at all, but he is a boy
the chow is named Bear, but she also goes by piggy, ms. piggy, bearsy wearsy, good girl, and fat leg because she has something wrong with one leg and it's bigger than the others. We took her in and it's not cancer or anything they can figure out, so she's stuck with the name. First Chiweenie is Noodles aka snoodles, shnoodles, snoodle poodle, snickerdoodle, shnickerdoodle, crazy girl, pain, noods, and probably quite a few others. She's full of character. Her sister is Socks aka soxy, soxy boxy, soxeroony, soxy girl, shnox, and wheezy because she's had a breathing problem since we rescued her and once again nobody can figure out what's wrong so she does this steroid every day and it's not too bad.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:38 PM

4 doggies! Wow, you have quite a household.
Any housebreaking tricks? Carlisle had a #2 in the dining room which one of my girls blamed on her sister. (didn't want to get the dog in trouble.lol) Our other dog pretty much trained himself and never has accidents. Well, there was the one time with the taco meat-totally my fault.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:42 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,427,585 times
that's a sore subject here. Chow and chihuahua are fine, but the two "babies" still go on the paper in the living room every night. The problem is they can't get outside to go at night because they are gated into a living room. The one that usually goes is the sick one and she's also pretty special and doesn't really understand the difference between good and bad. I left that name out of the list, she's aka special girl. I don't know if her slowness has to do with her breathing problem, but she's a really happy girl and loves to eat and drink, but she doesn't get many of the rules. She'll cower down if you raise your voice at her, so she pretty much gets away with murder because nobody wants to scare her.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:25 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,206,744 times
I AM YOUR DOG

I am your dog, and I have a little something I'd like to whisper in your ear. I know that you humans lead busy lives. Some have to work, some have children to raise. It always seems like you are running here and there, often much too fast, often never noticing the truly grand things in life. Look down at me now, while you sit there at your computer. See the way my dark brown eyes look at yours? They are slightly cloudy now. That comes with age. The gray hairs are beginning to ring my soft muzzle.

You smile at me; I see love in your eyes. What do you see in mine? Do you see a spirit? A soul inside, who loves you as no other could in the world? A spirit that would forgive all trespasses of prior wrong doing for just a simple moment of your time? That is all I ask. To slow down, if even for a few minutes to be with me. So many times you have Been saddened by the words you read on that screen, of other of my kind, passing. Sometimes we die young and oh so quickly, sometimes so suddenly it wrenches your heart out of your throat. Sometimes, we age so slowly before your eyes that you may not even seem to know until the very end, when we look at you with grizzled muzzles and cataract clouded eyes. Still the love is always there, even when we must take that long sleep, to run free in a distant land.

I may not be here tomorrow; I may not be here next week. Someday you will shed the water from your eyes, that humans have when deep grief fills their souls, and you will be angry at yourself that you did not have just "One more day" with me. Because I love you so, your sorrow touches my spirit and grieves me. We have NOW, together. So come, sit down here next to me on the floor, and look deep into my eyes. What do you see? If you look hard and deep enough we will talk, you and I, heart to heart. Come to me not as "alpha" or as "trainer" or even "Mom or Dad," come to me as a living soul and stroke my fur and let us look deep into one another's eyes, and talk.

I may tell you something about the fun of chasing a tennis ball, or I may tell you something profound about myself, or even life in general. You decided to have me in your life because you wanted a soul to share such things with. Someone very different from you, and here I am. I am a dog, but I am alive. I feel emotion, I feel physical senses, and I can revel in the differences of our spirits and souls. I do not think of you as a "Dog on two feet" -- I know what you are. You are human, in all your quirkiness, and I love you still.

Now, come sit with me, on the floor. Enter my world, and let time slow down if only for 15 minutes. Look deep into my eyes, and whisper to my ears. Speak with your heart, with your joy and I will know your true self. We may not have tomorrow, and life is oh so very short.

Author Unknown

Old 12-18-2008, 07:29 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,206,744 times
Thank you svg210 and luckygreeniii for taking the time to care..........

Old 12-19-2008, 08:44 AM

226 posts, read 866,593 times
So I was reading this but it would have taken me forever to go through 7 pages of posts... I read the initial and it looks like it had a happy ending, but what happened in the middle? How's the dog doing now?

Old 12-19-2008, 10:22 AM

99 posts, read 394,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
4 doggies! Wow, you have quite a household.
Any housebreaking tricks? Carlisle had a #2 in the dining room which one of my girls blamed on her sister. (didn't want to get the dog in trouble.lol) Our other dog pretty much trained himself and never has accidents. Well, there was the one time with the taco meat-totally my fault.
First...you're awesome for taking this precious little dog!

Second, I've got the deal on housebreaking. It worked on all my dogs. Plus, my mom just moved in here with her 2 year old dog that wasn't housebroken at all After a good 2 weeks, this adult dog is firmly trained to go outside, every time.

Here's what you do:

Cut up a bunch of small treats, something the dog would really love, but make them pretty small since the dog will be getting quite a few.

Have the treats ready to grab and take outside.

Take the dog out on a regular schedule with the treats in hand. When the dog is out say something like, "Go Potty." Once the dog goes, immediately give him the treat (immediate gratification is the key here).

After the treat, follow with lots of praise.

The dog will soon get it.

Then, once trained you can let the dog out and say go potty and he'll "get" what you want him to do.

Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio