Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2007, 10:59 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,556,968 times

Advertisements

OK, rd - my otherhalf is also a white male and somewhat intimidating looking (shaved head and all) and yet he gets "receipted" all the time. Weird. I don't know why he even bothers to go in, other than that he gets a kick out of telling them "no way". I, on the other hand, figure that the best way to get them to knock it off is to not purchase anything there! I've only gone there looking for composition books at the beginning of the school year when various HEB's and Walgreens didn't have them. Wal Mart didin't have them either, of course! (Finally found them at Walgreens on Tezel and Mainland! )

Old 10-14-2007, 11:06 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,398,571 times
Maybe it also helped that I basically dressed pretty boring. usually jean shorts, t-shirt, and white new balance shoes on. you mentioned tattoo's and maybe that has something to do with it, but no matter what, it's still annoying and just another reason to not shop there, which I easily don't.. now my problem is convincing my wife and daughter not to shop there.. I'm basically to the point of where I say I'll go and get it, just so they don't go there.. somehow the whole convenience thing of walmart being outside 1604 and HEB+ being inside is what makes them go. It's worth the extra half mile and slight traffic invonvenience for me.. although Potranco heading west through 1604 is getting seriously annoying and I've notice that most of the slow, annoying drivers are making the left turn into walmart... just more fuel for my fire

forgot to mention that leaving the area isn't going to help the walmart greeter/checker thing.. I've lived all over the country and it's the same everywhere.. the only way to avoid it is to avoid the store...

Old 10-14-2007, 11:06 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,458,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
OK, rd - my otherhalf is also a white male and somewhat intimidating looking (shaved head and all) and yet he gets "receipted" all the time. Weird. I don't know why he even bothers to go in, other than that he gets a kick out of telling them "no way". I, on the other hand, figure that the best way to get them to knock it off is to not purchase anything there! I've only gone there looking for composition books at the beginning of the school year when various HEB's and Walgreens didn't have them. Wal Mart didin't have them either, of course! (Finally found them at Walgreens on Tezel and Mainland! )
What, you too GOOD for the Walgreens here at the entrance of Westcreek...just across the street from your house??!!?!?!? LOL

Old 10-14-2007, 11:20 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,556,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
What, you too GOOD for the Walgreens here at the entrance of Westcreek...just across the street from your house??!!?!?!? LOL
HA!! I actually tried them on a daily basis!! Everybody was out of compostion books at the beginning of the school year!

Old 10-14-2007, 11:33 AM

Speaking of Walgreens.. I've love to know the logic they used when they decided to build one on the other end of Westcreek too.. or at least that's what the plans are. I personally rarely shop there because they never have the specific thing I need and their prices are insane. except when they do that Stouffers mac and cheese for 99 cents thing.. that stuff is also like crack.. really good, cheesy crack

Old 10-14-2007, 11:37 AM

3,823 posts, read 14,672,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Speaking of Walgreens.. I've love to know the logic they used when they decided to build one on the other end of Westcreek too.. or at least that's what the plans are. I personally rarely shop there because they never have the specific thing I need and their prices are insane. except when they do that Stouffers mac and cheese for 99 cents thing.. that stuff is also like crack.. really good, cheesy crack
rd2007,
Where is the other Walgreen's? Also, did you notice they're making an entrance to the area across the road from Walgreen's (in front of some of the apartments)?

Old 10-14-2007, 12:03 PM

right here: http://www.ucrrealty.com/photos/properties/flyers/200703160935400.Potranco%20and%20Grosenbacher%20Pr operty%20Flyer.pdf (broken link)

Not sure if that's a definite, but I do like the idea of an Autozone close to the house http://www.ucrrealty.com/photos/properties/flyers/200703160936390.Potranco%20@%20Grosenbacher%20SP%2 003_06_07.pdf (broken link)

Old 10-14-2007, 02:44 PM

77 posts, read 93,523 times
Grosenbacher to five and then eventually SEVEN lanes??? I guess they will have to buy those houses in Highpoint that back right up to Grosenbacher/Military. They may have to buy the swimming pool next to the Community Center! I also noticed on the UCR Realty page that there are several fast-food pads available. Let me guess... Taco Cabana, Whatburger, Sonic??? All we can do is hope for something different.
rd2007, I have lived coast-to-coast, also, and I do think it depends on where you are-- all I can tell you is from experiences in Colorado Springs, Oklahoma, and Washington state, I was never asked to have my receipt looked at. I don't mind the greeters, but checking the receipt is tacky. You're right... best to shop elsewhere when possible.

Old 10-14-2007, 03:50 PM

I should've qualified that with big cities.. I'm sure the smaller ones are more easy going and I seriously want to be in a small town again now. I need some relaxation and to lose some stress and most importantly, I need to be away from the nasty heat. I want SNOW!

ok, rant over

You can seriously tell the cowgirls are playing right now because the roads are dead.. they need to play every day

Old 10-14-2007, 04:10 PM

314 posts, read 2,540,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
You can seriously tell the cowgirls are playing right now because the roads are dead.. they need to play every day
Put the laptop down and drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio