Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2007, 08:35 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,675,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
Is the school right off 1604 because the way everyone is describing the location, you can almost turn right off the loop into the development with the pillars. I thought the school was more "inland" and on the other side of the houses closer to HEB and not accessible to 1604. Now I'm confused...
There is definitely a crane above the school as I saw that Friday afternoon. We also drove into Trophy Ridge and did not see any other cranes. Rousseau is about 2 blocks from W Loop 1604. Also, the new theater still has the trailer and sign there with nothing cleared behind it.

Old 10-13-2007, 10:38 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,158,649 times
Thanks Steel Man...2 blocks from 1604 makes it located a bit away from the loop...and the Trophy Ridge houses are between the school and 1604 so now I understand it won't be directly accessible from the loop...clears up the confusion...thanks. The theater is closer to the Kohl's and the intersection at 1604, IIRC?

Old 10-14-2007, 05:33 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,464,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
Is the school right off 1604 because the way everyone is describing the location, you can almost turn right off the loop into the development with the pillars. I thought the school was more "inland" and on the other side of the houses closer to HEB and not accessible to 1604. Now I'm confused...
It appears to me that it is almost behind the HEB in reference to the setback from Potranco or 1604...but I would venture to say 2 story from what I can see...Darn Steel man, I was hoping that we were going to get the twin to the Pladdium (which I STILL have not enjoyed yet!) down in our neck of the woods. Now I find out just more school buses to dodge! LOL

Old 10-14-2007, 09:41 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,406,735 times
I'd recommend the Palladium, but not the IMAX screen.. we saw Spiderman 3 there and I think there's maybe 10 good seats in the entire theater. Every other one is off position enough to ruin the image, plus when the action was fast pretty much everything was a total blur.
The free refills on drinks is a great idea though; I've never seen that before

Old 10-14-2007, 09:54 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,559,246 times
Default WalMart Door Nazi's

(sorry - no offense intended by the title)

So, I absolutely *won't* shop at the Culebra/1604 location specifically because of their "greeters" (HA! "Greeters"!). That one very little older lady must hate me! I've gone thru there significantly *after* an older lady who set off the buzzers, and that "greeter" thought it was me! Ugh! Can *never* get thru that store without being stopped, even when *everything* is bagged. They always stop me AND my husband. My husband gets a kick outta telling them, "No, you may NOT look through my belongings. I PAID for them, they belong to me now. If you feel that you must, call your manager and I will wait for him/her." He's done that several times, no manager ever comes, the "greeter" finally lets him go. I HATE that store/location.

On the other hand, the Potranco/1604 location isn't quite as "vigilant". If everything is bagged, they leave me alone.

rd - do tell your conspiracy theory!!

Old 10-14-2007, 10:23 AM

That is cause you look so DARN YOUNG!!!!! LOL

They check out ALL teenagers silly goose!!!!

(If this post doesn't earn me a positive rating from ONE person, I quit!!! LOL)

Old 10-14-2007, 10:33 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,559,246 times
HA!!! Too funny! (And yeah, I hit ya up with a rep point! LOL!)

I was thinkin' maybe it's the nose ring or the crazy hair, I dunno. And otherhalf with his shaved head...... or maybe it's the tattoos..... I guess maybe we do look a little suspicious....

But seriously, right around the time that HEB Plus opened, we noticed that the Culebra WalMart started *really* checking thru bags and doing the yellow highlighter across the receipt thing. We thought it was kinda ironic that they would *intentionally* try to run off customers when a major competitor had just opened up. I avoid that WM like the plague now. Have probably only been there twice since HEB + opened.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:38 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,406,735 times
just boycott walmart period, it's pretty easy to do. Last time I was in one was when the PS3 and Wii came out and that was last November..

and I'll just say that as a white male I've never been stopped by the "greeter", ever..
in walmarts defense though, I do give off the I hate you look to nearly everyone, or at least that's what I've been told... I think it's more of a I don't like you until I get to know you look myself..

Old 10-14-2007, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
just boycott walmart period, it's pretty easy to do. Last time I was in one was when the PS3 and Wii came out and that was last November..

and I'll just say that as a white male I've never been stopped by the "greeter", ever..
in walmarts defense though, I do give off the I hate you look to nearly everyone, or at least that's what I've been told... I think it's more of a I don't like you until I get to know you look myself..

You are sooooo funny! LOL

So THAT look AND the "go ahead and make my day" look both work!

Old 10-14-2007, 10:51 AM

77 posts, read 93,620 times
This receipt-checking thing bothers me so much... it is insulting. When the Potranco/1604 store opened, if I was by myself or with my college-aged kids, they would check. If I was with my husband (an AF officer in uniform) or with my little granddaughter, they wouldn't check. I talked to the manager and told him if I can afford to live in a $240,000.00 house in this area that I will not accept having my bags checked when they can see my receipt in my hand. I have to say, it has been much better lately, but I will only go there if I am desperate. I dont' know what kind of "profiling" they do. In any regard, this is all new to me and, sadly, just another reason we are moving in two years.
As long as I'm writing... is anyone else bothered by the appearance of Potranco outside of 1604 in general? I hate driving down it past all the of run-down businesses, trailers, litter and dead animals on the sides of the roads. I wonder if eventually it will get cleaned up, bought out, and perhaps more aesthetically pleasing. Maybe after Potranco gets widened?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio