Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2007, 10:05 AM

41 posts, read 53,143 times

Advertisements

rd2007,
You get what you pay for and I would gladly pay more to have the things I listed. Property taxes here in Texas are horrific any way you cut the pie. There's no such thing as a fixed-rate mortgage here... my husband and I laugh over this b/c our payment will continue to increase because of taxes. I wish that I could at least take a walk at night in my neighborhood by the light of a streetlamp!

Old 10-17-2007, 10:12 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,558,136 times
The weird thing about Trophy Ridge, tho, is that part of the neighborhood is in the city limits, and part isn't. Don't know how the boundary lines cut through, so I wonder how that would work for street lights, trash, etc. Will only the areas that are in the city boundaries be lit and have the city trash trucks coming thru? And will city police/fire dept. say, "oh, no, we won't respond to your call, but your neighbor's......" Guess I could pop over there and ask.

There seems to be pros and cons to both. Right now our neighborhood is getting ready for bulk/brush collection. It's a city service that we get twice a year. Pretty handy. But then again, if we lived outside the city limits, my kids would be happy to be able to use fireworks on the 4th and New Years Eve!

Old 10-17-2007, 12:03 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,673,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passitup View Post
rd2007,
You get what you pay for and I would gladly pay more to have the things I listed. Property taxes here in Texas are horrific any way you cut the pie. There's no such thing as a fixed-rate mortgage here... my husband and I laugh over this b/c our payment will continue to increase because of taxes. I wish that I could at least take a walk at night in my neighborhood by the light of a street lamp!
The mortgage is fixed rate...but the taxes are adjustable rate...

Old 10-17-2007, 01:41 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,402,807 times
guess nobody wants me to mention that my payments have been going down, along with my taxes.. first they changed the rules for school districts to tax you and then I got my VA disability rating. Next up will be my new and higher disability rating and another tax decrease

and I hate street lights. I'm VERY happy that Westcreek is quite dark. My house has outside lights and a lighting system and I can control both of them. I giant nasty street light outside my bedroom is definitely nothing I ever want.. and definitely not something I'd willingly pay $1K+ extra per year for... that's the tax difference for being on different sides of 1604

Old 10-17-2007, 02:09 PM

1,893 posts, read 5,590,580 times
>>>Dreading the thought of ever finding a hair in a Hershey bar... that would be awful<<<

Thanks rd, you just gave me an idea for a brand new diet product. "SnappyBob's Dr. Folicle Diet Snacks. In popular flavors...Hearshey Bars, Ice cream Bars, Pudding Cups and Hairy Gummy Bears. Just open the package, take one look at that toupee and watch the pounds just melt away.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:38 PM

oh man... that would definitely work with me. hmmmmmmmm

Old 10-17-2007, 04:00 PM
NYr

44 posts, read 149,332 times
I not only get grossed out by hair (or other things) in my food, but I can't stand seeing people lick their fingers and then try to serve food. At work some people will be serving cake or something, they get frosting on their hands and then they proceed to lick them clean. Then it's time to serve the next piece of cake and so on. THAT IS GROSS!!! I'm sure these are the same people who are home cooking with that same habit which is why I no longer eat what anyone brings in to work. I know, some of you will say "You should see what happens at restaurants." I don't really want to know. I do read the "Behind the Kitchen Door" and those places I do not frequent.

Which reminds me, there is a new Mexican restaurant opening up next to (same plaza) as Cupcake Junction. I saw the sign yesterday. It's called "El Rodeo de Jalisco". I don't know when it is opening, so keep your eyes open.

I wish a salad bar would open up around here.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:18 PM

mmmh, salad bar sounds good right now... grrrrrr, but nothing is around here that serves that. drat!

I have a funny story about employees licking things.. I was at a fast food place and the girl was filling up the cup and overflowed it a little. she automatically put it up to her mouth to sip off the excess and then walked towards me.. I just looked at her and said "I don't think so.." hopefully she just brain farted and didn't do that all the time..

Old 10-17-2007, 04:24 PM

41 posts, read 53,143 times
rd2007,
It's not just street lights... it's other things like police and fire dept. services.-- although, I prefer well-lighted streets so I can walk and see who is out there by my property. When we bought the house, we were lied to about the lights and were told they would be up "very soon".
You are entitled to your opinion; just remember not everyone shares it. Give your opinion without making others feel theirs makes no sense. That's when the "bickering" starts on this forum... people need to say how they feel WITHOUT an opinion on someone else's viewpoint. That way, those reading can "shop and compare" to help them decide on their own where to live.
And a final thought about Trophy Ridge... are they allowed to shoot fireworks if part of the subdivision is inside city limits?? If not, that would be a definite plus to me--- notice I said "to me"...maybe not to anyone else. I am already dreading New Year's Eve in Westcreek.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:02 PM

25 posts, read 70,039 times
Actually I kind of like the red house (its not my house by the way mine is green). It gives character to the neighborhood and sets it apart from so many other subdivisions (i.e. endless boxes of beige and gray.) But that is just my opinion. I love Trophy Ridge with the trees and new school coming in, plus having shopping so close by. The builder is also very good with very good construction so I was willing to get a smaller house. I have had some nightmares with other builders so I did my research this time. But everyone has different tastes and different reasons why they chose their neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio