Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2007, 01:51 PM

925 posts, read 1,228,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
A guy I work with is a manager of Cielo Vista and he said the company that was doing Atlantis changed their mind. Not sure why, but my guess is an oversaturation of movie theaters in the area..
It actually had to do with financing on the part of the developer.

Old 11-02-2007, 01:55 PM

1,241 posts, read 4,335,473 times
Not all of it is raw. You may want to check it out.

Old 11-02-2007, 02:22 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,398,571 times
I should try it because I rarely ever say anything is bad without at least first trying it, but I just can't bring myself to eat any of it.. the smell is awful (I have WAY too good of a sense of smell) and it doesn't even look edible.. it looks nice, like in an artsy way, but not in a food way. That steak on Ruth's Chris' page (http://www.ruthschris.com/steak/steak.html - broken link) is food that looks good to me...

although the steak they had on there the other day was even more mmmmmhh inducing..

Old 11-02-2007, 07:57 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,826,412 times
Love Sushi and would love to have one nearby. I've been to Sushi Zushi once...yes, it's pricey, but really good. Although having spent 5 years in Japan years ago, it doesn't *quite* taste like I'm back in Japan, but it is VERY close.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:27 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,040,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I should try it because I rarely ever say anything is bad without at least first trying it, but I just can't bring myself to eat any of it.. the smell is awful (I have WAY too good of a sense of smell) and it doesn't even look edible.. it looks nice, like in an artsy way, but not in a food way. That steak on Ruth's Chris' page (http://www.ruthschris.com/steak/steak.html - broken link) is food that looks good to me...

although the steak they had on there the other day was even more mmmmmhh inducing..
That steak at Outback is much cheaper and just as good! In fact, I'll even stick my neck out and say it's better. And I'm a steak LOVER.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:34 AM

I was going to go to Outback yesterday, but I looked at the menu first and unfortunately wasn't looking to spend that much money on dinner. I haven't been to one since the early 90's when I was in Virginia Beach and I guess I didn't realize their prices had increased so much (yes, I realize all prices have increased a lot). I remember Outback had great chicken and ribs, but have never tried the steak. Is it also really good?
I would never go to Ruth's Chris because I just can't justify spending that much money on something that's only going to hang around for a short amount of time. The Outback prices seemed about the same as Saltgrass and I know the steak there is outstanding, plus I get the added bonus of them cooking it exactly how I like it with plenty of blood.. It's hard to find a place that'll still cook rare for us vampires

BTW, I was online looking for a good steak place in SA and it seems most of them are downtown. Is that true?

Old 11-03-2007, 09:03 AM

Last 2 trips to Saltgrass were very disappointing. They have always been very good in the past, so we will be back eventually--after the letdown wears off maybe. It sucks when you spend so much on a crappy meal.

The best steaks we have found are in our own back yard. Seasoned just right, and medium rare. Yum.

Outback is pricey, but I like their steaks. Barn Door is decent, but I've only been once, so guess I wasn't blown away. Texas Land and Cattle has a pretty good steak, priced like Saltgrass. Believe it or not, Logan's Roadhouse has a really good, reasonably priced steak--hence the hour-long wait for a table on Friday or Saturday night. One place I will tell you to avoid is The Hungry Farmer on Blanco. It's unbelievably gross.

Maybe instead of a new taqueria on every corner, someone would open a decent steak place.

That reminds me, and I am going to do a search to see if I can find a link, but there is a new steakhouse out in the middle of nowhere that is supposed to be really awesome. It's one of those road trip-worthy places, from what I've heard.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:28 PM

Oh it drives me crazy when someone has a great smelling steak on the grill outside.. I could be stuffed full and will still get hungry when I smell that.. I'm always trying to grill steak, but my wife always tells me not to waste the money because it won't taste good. I remember my last one was great and I don't even think I put any seasoning at all on it. It was a t-bone from the Potranco HEB+ and all I did was cook both sides @ 350F and then took it off the grill. One of those guys on Food Network said that's the perfect way to cook a steak and I think he was right, as long as you don't mind some pink in the middle.. That's where my wife has an issue; there can't be any pink/red in the middle or she says it's bleeding.. one day I'm gonna bring her a charcoal and see if she notices

BTW, please let me know what that place is if you remember. thanks

Old 11-03-2007, 09:36 PM

I will! Maybe we could do a CD steak-lover's caravan out to wherever the heck it is. I'm on a mission now...............does anyone have a clue what place I am talking about? It's a steak restaurant that was written up on mysa.com--the guy spent a fortune on renovating it, and it's supposed to have really awesome steaks, and just good food in general. He owns or previously owned another restaurant, I think. Anyway, I am rambling when I could be googling. I just can't remember where it was, or much else--I've slept several times since reading the article unfortunately.

And a steak without pink is like a day without sunshine.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:26 AM

152 posts, read 517,903 times
Sapphire, are you talking about Cowcatchers? It's out in Bulverde. The website is cowcatchers.net.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio