Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2009, 10:41 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,832,954 times

Advertisements

Well, which is it? Someone is fibbing.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:37 AM

34 posts, read 116,321 times
I heard your HOA board was not properly registered with the state. Consult an attorney, maybe
it's possible to hold your own election and register the proper paperwork and you are now the
new HOA board by default. LBJ concocted a version of this to become Speaker of the House of
the United States of America. Why not you?

Old 11-20-2009, 03:39 AM

744 posts, read 1,211,008 times
Was anything else discussed other than security?

Old 11-20-2009, 04:49 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,844,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Joe The Dog Faced Boy View Post
Not only does HOA staff not give correct answers to questions, But the
BOD never answers questions to satisfy any of the HO's!
Tonight the BOD is voting on a video surveillance system to be installed in the community center,
due to an incident that happened with 2 elderly homeowners & the new community manager.
The community manager lied & her staff lied also to protect their jobs,
the 2 women involved were called liars by the BOD!
According to the BOD president this is needed so they (BASICALLY)
know who to believe.
A video surveillance system for being a Smart A...? It would be cheaper to FIRE our CM.

I hope the BOD / HOA Staff are chiming in. Here they go again PISSING OUR MONEY AWAY in an attempt to COVER THEIR BUTTS! I hope they buy a system with a built in Lie Detector.

Last edited by wellguy; 11-20-2009 at 05:07 AM..

Old 11-20-2009, 07:06 AM

43 posts, read 55,907 times
Default Unite Westcreek!!!

I have many questions. Westcreekers should have many questions.

The main question we should all be asking....WHY THE HUGE COVER-UP BY THE CURRENT BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF WESTCREEK?

I have several concerns that I would like addressed.

1. Why does the current Board subscribe to the policy that it does not have to comply with the Texas Open Meetings Act?
2. Why does the current Board subscribe to the policy that it does not have to comply with the Texas Open Records Act?
3. Fact or rumor....where funds misappropriated in an approximate amount of $100,000?
4. Was a board member arrested for acts connected to the association?
5. Why has Westcreek's current board decided there is a need for a Westcreek military-industrial complex?

WESTCREEKERS UNITE!!!! THE TIME IS NOW!!!! STOP THE CURRENT BOARD!!!! CONTACT ATTORNEY GENERAL, BEXAR COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY, THE NEWS MEDIA, TEXAS RANGERS, ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN AND TAKE ACTION ALONG SIDE YOU.....THE CURRENT BOARD AND ITS TACTICS NEED TO GO!!!! THE ASSOCIATION IS FOR THE PEOPLE OF WESTCREEK AND THE BOARD SHOULD BE LISTENING TO THE PEOPLE.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:09 AM

Use the power of vote. April 2010.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:31 AM

41 posts, read 58,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Use the power of vote. April 2010.

Believe me, I, for one, will be utilizing my power of vote in Apr. My only wish would be that CH and LC would attempt to run again or not be at the end of their terms, so we could vote them off!! Is it too early to ask Santa for a Christmas present?

Old 11-20-2009, 10:28 AM

88 posts, read 169,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinRogue View Post
I have many questions. Westcreekers should have many questions.

The main question we should all be asking....WHY THE HUGE COVER-UP BY THE CURRENT BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF WESTCREEK?

I have several concerns that I would like addressed.

1. Why does the current Board subscribe to the policy that it does not have to comply with the Texas Open Meetings Act?
2. Why does the current Board subscribe to the policy that it does not have to comply with the Texas Open Records Act?
3. Fact or rumor....where funds misappropriated in an approximate amount of $100,000?
4. Was a board member arrested for acts connected to the association?
5. Why has Westcreek's current board decided there is a need for a Westcreek military-industrial complex?

WESTCREEKERS UNITE!!!! THE TIME IS NOW!!!! STOP THE CURRENT BOARD!!!! CONTACT ATTORNEY GENERAL, BEXAR COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY, THE NEWS MEDIA, TEXAS RANGERS, ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN AND TAKE ACTION ALONG SIDE YOU.....THE CURRENT BOARD AND ITS TACTICS NEED TO GO!!!! THE ASSOCIATION IS FOR THE PEOPLE OF WESTCREEK AND THE BOARD SHOULD BE LISTENING TO THE PEOPLE.
Arrested....who was arrested? ....and why?

Old 11-20-2009, 10:37 AM

It doesn't say that anyone was arrested. Only a question if someone was. This is how rumors start, and the reason that nothing will ever get done with this group of Homeowners. No one is on the same page. Heck, they couldn't even figure it out if there are 3200 or 3400 homes. Sad.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:21 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,429,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH1960 View Post
Rome didn't get built in a day; but it looks like all is going in the right direction!
That's all I was trying to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WC2006 View Post
Do you work for the Association?? Man, excuses excuses excuses!
No I don't. They contract web services to me. I redesigned the website for them, from the mess they had before.

Including email communication. Yes, the email link (a mailto link) has been up for a while, but until recently the incoming address were low quantity. I would get 2, maybe 3 addresses a week, and sometimes go 1-2 weeks without any. We've moved them to a more robust system, and they have been pushing for email communication in the office with sign up sheets, etc, and now we have more addresses, but still under 200. The first email went out this morning.

I don't mean to offer 'excuses' but some insight as to what is going on, instead of blindly blaming people. I tried to put a different perspective on the situation, instead of immediately getting upset and pointing the finger. I don't agree with everything that goes on in the neighborhood, but I'm not a jerk either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
No, he VOLUNTEERS (aka GIVES AWAY) his time. How much time do YOU give to YOUR HOA?
I seem to 'know' so much about the HOA because I spend time there. I spent years working as a volunteer, getting to know the staff, etc. We've made a lot of suggestions for them, and they're utilizing what they can right now. Sometimes it seems as if some of you will never be happy - once the HOA becomes perfect like you want, you'll find something else negative somewhere and latch on to that. How about some positive input? y so serious?

I agree that the rumors of wasted/misappropriated funds are disturbing. I hope they aren't true. I agree we need better security - either COP, rental, whatever. I agree that there are residents that could care less about VW, and a small handful that care a lot. I don't think that I could work at the HOA. And after being involved in this thread for so long, I wouldn't want to.

And to add fuel to the fire, the HOA I'm sure was somehow responsible for the tagging that happened at the clocktower recently:
http://www.villagesofwestcreek.com/Images/Gallery/Crime/20Nov09tagging/20Nov09tagging_3.JPG (broken link)

VWOA Crime Page (http://www.villagesofwestcreek.com/crime.php - broken link)

/serious

I hope all of you have a great holiday - remember NISD is out next week, so please watch for lil'uns when driving!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio