Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Lil

32 posts, read 77,168 times

Advertisements

Point taken. Maybe I didn't make myself clear. When speaking of a new material I was referring to stone or fencecrete. Something that also has more structural integrity. The ADHoc fence committee finished and came to the current resolutions a few months ago; that could be why you have not heard a response. The system is not perfect; but I believe the current board is working to correct the situation; given the limitations of the CC&R's. My intent was to be informative; not offend anyone.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:53 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,848,657 times
I'm sorry Lil. I assure you I was not offended and I thank you for the information. Like you ,I care about the neighborhood and the money that is spent. I too would like a masonary fence of some sort. Just our luck we would end up with one and it would either get plowed into or tagged. That would make us all sick.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:09 PM

firstclassflyer- Good Evening. Yeah I know I caused a ruckus here in The Hollow but it was for the good of the neighborhood. After I p..... off BFI did they pull out of Westcreek entirely? The streets here are looking much better.
If you want to see what they did to our streets go to Google Maps and type in Ledbury, San Antonio, TX 78253, click on the street view. Grant it some of the mess is from cars (against the curbs) but if you look in the middle and towards the sides you'll see the mess. Another good street to look at is Garston.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:27 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,841,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
firstclassflyer- Good Evening. Yeah I know I caused a ruckus here in The Hollow but it was for the good of the neighborhood. After I p..... off BFI did they pull out of Westcreek entirely? The streets here are looking much better.
If you want to see what they did to our streets go to Google Maps and type in Ledbury, San Antonio, TX 78253, click on the street view. Grant it some of the mess is from cars (against the curbs) but if you look in the middle and towards the sides you'll see the mess. Another good street to look at is Garston.
Tiger dominates our street...with a few fools still using WM. Also, there is a new one around MD Systems I believe. We just started recycling with Tiger whilst WM doesn't recycle yet. To answer your question, I don't know if BFI totally pulled out.
How did the other neighbors feel once BFI pulled out? Any retaliation?
I'd be livid if some other jackhole takes up a personal agenda without pulling together the neighbors and informing them of his potential plans. Just my point of view.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:58 AM

71 posts, read 110,078 times
Oohhhkay know, lets see if we can do the walking to the meeting on Saturday (9am) and do some talking! Let's all pull together and let us be heard so we can make a difference!

See you'll there!!!

Old 06-17-2009, 07:58 PM

No retaliation and I never expected any. I stood up to one lady (neighbor two streets over) when Bexar County was out. She asked us both some questions and then told us the BFI and WM were pulling out of The Hollow. She was upset and said that one A... H... was complaining. I firmly told her that I was that A..H... and cited the Texas Admistrative Code to her. I told her that I was not going to live in a $160K home (which I pointed at) and have the streets look like crap. Please don't get me wrong ,Im not a bully. I did tell her if anyone had any complaints to come and see me. It never happened.
I wasn't being a Jackhole and I did not have an agenda to make them leave. Our HOA has had complaints for years from residents (Our Newsletter has an area with important numbers. There is /was one that stated "To Report Leaking Garbage Trucks Call ......" ) I asked for their assistance many years ago. I asked that they write a letter stating something as simple as them having many complaints.

Its sad that many people don't think past their front yard. Someone had to stand up to a Multi Billion Dollar Company. *I want your vote when I run for HOA Board of Directors President or County Commissioner. I haven't decided on which one yet.

Anyway what's done is done.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:07 PM

2008 -I will admit I've been busy working insuring that everyone has enough quality water to drink, bathe, and water their yards with.

What is this meeting about? Is it one of the Town Hall Meetings that the BOD spoke of?

Old 06-17-2009, 08:08 PM

I'm not getting the entire picture. Your intent seems valid...but did you gather together some of your neighbors and discuss before going ahead, or not?

Old 06-17-2009, 08:43 PM

No. Why would I have too? My neighbors couldn't help but see the mess and I was tired of dealing with BFI . My intentions were not to p... anyone off. You have to understand that I fought with this company for 9 plus years. The local office blew me off and assured me many times that it would stop. It wasn't until the end that they knew it was going to have to stop. They were always copied on my emails to Bexar County Environmental Services. Never did they respond. Oh by the way I had our HOA Community Manager in the loop also.

With all due respect we both know that people see things that are wrong but they do nothing because they know that someone else will. Crap I can't tell you how many times when had a function here and friends and family made comments about the mess. If they saw it my neighbors certainaly did.

Not to harp on this but it was BFI who was wrong and they chose the easy way out. They are the one's to blame or be upset with since the required truck repairs were not made. I'll bet you if they are still in Westcreek the problem is continuing.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:55 PM

[quote=wellguy;9345613]No. Why would I have too? My neighbors couldn't help but see the mess and I was tired of dealing with BFI . My intentions were not to p... anyone off. You have to understand that I fought with this company for 9 plus years. The local office blew me off and assured me many times that it would stop. It wasn't until the end that they knew it was going to have to stop. They were always copied on my emails to Bexar County Environmental Services. Never did they respond. Oh by the way I had our HOA Community Manager in the loop also.

/QUOTE]

I bet if you had told your neighbors what you were up to...and advanced the cause together, the fight would've been a lot shorter than 9 years.
Power in numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio