Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 11:16 AM

464 posts, read 804,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul56 View Post
Shopping at HEB and Walmart this morning between
8:30am and 10am... I've never seen such a bunch of
sour faces in one place in my life.

Whats wrong people? ...smile!
I've seen those faces in other places lately...has to be attributed to something....

I do want to compliment the fantastic staff at the Central Market's seafood, meat and checkout counters. Despite being swamped with customers and working feverishly, they all delivered with a smile, conversation and fantastic service. This is usually what I receive when I go there, but considering the tsunami of consumers, their performance was quite commendable!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 03:24 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,682,390 times
I agree...people at HEB were in lousy moods today. I know we are crammed in the milk aisle together, but HEY it's Christmas! Good will toward men, y'all!

Old 12-24-2011, 07:58 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,048,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffyfan View Post
I agree...people at HEB were in lousy moods today. I know we are crammed in the milk aisle together, but HEY it's Christmas! Good will toward men, y'all!
People aren't in lousy moods all the time?

Maybe the fact that it's Christmas just magnifies it, I don't know.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:16 AM

418 posts, read 784,657 times
I'm giving thanks that today... I can stay out of the stores.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:13 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,293,158 times
Does HEB close early today?

Old 12-24-2011, 10:49 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,838,269 times
Just had to run to Wallyworld....express checkout....gal in front of me with a LOADED cart....I looked at her and asked "where's the elves?"

"Huh?"

"Ma'm, this is the express check-out line....20 items max - you have WAY more than that. Either the elves loaded stuff when you weren't looking, or you didn't notice the sign!"

By this time, folks are watching/listening, and she's getting all kinds of red in the face - obviously can't decide whether to tell me off or duck. I'm a pretty good-sized dude, but I'm also facing her with a smile on my face, so I guess she decided that I really wasn't trying to be confrontational...she mumbles "sorry!" and goes down to the proper line.

Cashier is grinning, guy behind me is laughing quietly......but no voices raised, and no questions with regard to her mental capacity had to be answered.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:59 AM

271 posts, read 988,418 times
^^^Awesome!!!^^^

Old 12-24-2011, 11:02 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,781,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Just had to run to Wallyworld....express checkout....gal in front of me with a LOADED cart....I looked at her and asked "where's the elves?"

"Huh?"

"Ma'm, this is the express check-out line....20 items max - you have WAY more than that. Either the elves loaded stuff when you weren't looking, or you didn't notice the sign!"

By this time, folks are watching/listening, and she's getting all kinds of red in the face - obviously can't decide whether to tell me off or duck. I'm a pretty good-sized dude, but I'm also facing her with a smile on my face, so I guess she decided that I really wasn't trying to be confrontational...she mumbles "sorry!" and goes down to the proper line.

Cashier is grinning, guy behind me is laughing quietly......but no voices raised, and no questions with regard to her mental capacity had to be answered.

With my luck, if I tried that I would probably get a nasty look/response. Kudos to you for doing that. I bet she will think twice before trying that again!

Old 12-24-2011, 11:06 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,838,269 times
More importantly, mayhaps more will be willing to speak up an' do the same. Doesn't have to turn ugly, it's just that we've been so accustomed to "going with the flow" that we've allowed bad behaviour to turn into an accepted norm.

Not me......

Old 12-24-2011, 11:19 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,737,643 times
By far, the rudest shoppers I have seen are at thrift stores. I worked at one part time for eight years. The store would have a half price sale usually around major holidays. About an hour before the store would open, a MOB of shoppers would assemble in the parking lot. Heaven help the poor keyholder when the front doors were open! I'm suprised nobody was injured with the stampeding mob. The keyholder should have been given some hazard pay.Then the fun would really start when the shoppers would jockey each other for the last shopping cart. Perhaps I am overlooking something, but I would never risk life or limb for any used merchandise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio