Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 10:19 PM

504 posts, read 1,495,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriam Hofkens View Post
And if any-one would see REAL congested roads.... than you have to come to Antwerp or Brussels in Belgium !!! There you can wait hours to reach your destination. And that every working day...
I didn't see really congested roads in the Rochester area, traffic was really very nice to drive. I liked to drive there the hired car.
But maybe, it is because I am not used to live into the U.S.A. ?
This post made me chuckle. No, we do have horrible traffic conditions in the US (in Atlanta, LA, NYC, etc) but you won't find them in Rochester. That doesn't stop Rochester folk from complaining, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 11:23 AM

14 posts, read 50,822 times
Thank you both for the information.The price was too good to believe, so I should have known better LOL. Could you tell me where there are good areas with low prices on houses? Thanks so much. My mom and dad used to live in Canandaigua, I loved it there, but could never afford to live there. My grandparents lived in Naples, loved that area ,too.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:39 AM

5,265 posts, read 16,605,648 times
well the Rochester area in general is pretty affordable compared to much of the rest of the country, but we'd need to know your price range to decide what area would offer you a "low price" on houses. I can tell you right now that the price that you found for that house on Remington won't be matched in any town or area that you would want to live; with the exception of maybe a trailer park or really small house in the country somewhere in Wayne or Orleans counties outside of Rochester; but depending on your budget; you can get a decent house in many towns/neighborhoods in this area for a fair price.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:51 PM

17 posts, read 46,994 times
Thumbs up Good places to live in the city!

If you are looking to live in the city I would recomend the South East side. The Park Avenue area has been the premier spot for many years, while downtown on East Avenue has been built up a lot in the past 10 years. Another nice place is the Upper Monroe Neighborhood.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:39 AM

4 posts, read 13,731 times
I am in a divorce processing and moved from the west to live in Rochester. I live on Social Security Disable Income (SSDI) and I am looking for a safe and affordable to rent in Rochester, NY. Any one knows or can suggests any where should I look for a place to live asap? Thanks kindly.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:56 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,879,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Save$2Safe View Post
I am in a divorce processing and moved from the west to live in Rochester. I live on Social Security Disable Income (SSDI) and I am looking for a safe and affordable to rent in Rochester, NY. Any one knows or can suggests any where should I look for a place to live asap? Thanks kindly.
Look at THE PINES OF PERINTON in the Village of Fairport. It is subsidized housing so you will get the benifit of low rent and no utilities... along with being able to walk to the shops, the canal, and activities in the village very easily. It is a beautiful town and I have been in the Pines and the apartments are very nice.

Pines of Perinton Apartments in Fairport, NY | Apartments.com

Old 05-25-2010, 11:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,000 times
Where are some good places to go out to on weekends? Im 27 and moving to rochester soon and would like to meet some friends.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:09 AM

93,734 posts, read 124,459,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Liz View Post
Where are some good places to go out to on weekends? Im 27 and moving to rochester soon and would like to meet some friends.
Try the East End, Park Avenue, maybe the Monroe Village and parts of the 19th Ward. Swillburg, South Wedge and Upper Monroe might some places to go to as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area