Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 12:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,336 times

Advertisements

Hi, the apartment building I live in now sounds perfect for you. It's a really cool, older type building and the apartment I'm in now is a studio for $540 including heat and water. The electricity is about $50 per month. I know they have some studios starting at 495 and one bedrooms starting at 595. Management is great, we have never had an issues or problems. it is right on Park Avenue but more towards the quiet end however still within wlking distance to bars, restaurants, etc. There would be a ton of people for you to meet as Park Ave is a really popular area for students and young people. The building is called the Parkwin and its owned by Morgan Properties -hope this helps!

Apartments in Rochester, New York | Parkwin Apartments | Rochester, NY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 04:20 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,325,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTaxedInNY View Post
Sorry to hear you're moving from there to here, most people look to do just the opposite. Hope you're ready for a huge disappointment.
I notice you always have something negative to say about the City of Rochester when it is brought up. May I politely ask why you still live here if you hate it so much? Maybe if you moved you would be happier. Just sayin'

Old 01-02-2011, 05:49 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,881,279 times
I'm stuck here for the next few years. Planning on getting out as soon as the opportunity presents itself though, no worries!

Old 01-03-2011, 10:09 AM

93,392 posts, read 124,052,832 times
Quote:
I'm stuck here for the next few years. Planning on getting out as soon as the opportunity presents itself though, no worries!
To where?

Old 01-03-2011, 10:44 AM

Wherever in the southern US (NC/SC, Georgia, 'Bama) offers has an open job opportunity. The company I work for now was just acquired by another company with a headquarters down in Atlanta, and has other operations around the south, so if I can stay with them (which I hope I can) then I'll transfer to an operations center where there's an opening. Until then, I'll continue life here.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:13 AM

99 posts, read 228,161 times
OTNY: I have a hunch that the traffic in Atlanta will absolutely blow your mind . . .

Old 01-08-2011, 10:55 AM

Depending on where exactly the building is (haven't looked it up yet) it may or may not.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:05 AM

1,891 posts, read 3,450,728 times
Quote:
Depending on where exactly the building is (haven't looked it up yet) it may or may not.
North of town is nice.

Far as rentals in Rochester are concerned, one must be wary as utility bills will be high in the older houses. Water and heat might be included at a place on Park, but often times they lack a kitchen/kitchenette.

Friends tried to get me to move over to Park from the 'Wedge some years ago when I was single, but I was paying slightly more for a large one-bedroom, which had heat included (but not cooking gas and electric) and a large kitchen. Largest utility bill I had was for DSL internet and phone (before cable internet got big).

Park is great and all but you can get bang for yor buck in other parts of the city (Wedge, Merchants area, etc.).

Old 01-11-2011, 11:39 AM

205 posts, read 456,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 585WNY View Post
I notice you always have something negative to say about the City of Rochester when it is brought up. May I politely ask why you still live here if you hate it so much? Maybe if you moved you would be happier. Just sayin'
I'm so glad you asked that 585WNY. I wanted to for a very long time but didn't want to get into a whole big thing.

It is amazing to me really. If the time that is spent on creating all those negative posts was actually channeled into something else, it would undoubtedly lead to some really great accomplishments. I guess it's my business training - always looking for a positive return...

Old 01-11-2011, 01:14 PM

It actually only takes me a minute or two to write up something bad about Rochester, it's not that hard. How would channeling a few minutes of time in to something else help me accomplish something? I'm curious as to how your logic works
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area