Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 02:13 PM

205 posts, read 456,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTaxedInNY View Post
It actually only takes me a minute or two to write up something bad about Rochester, it's not that hard. How would channeling a few minutes of time in to something else help me accomplish something? I'm curious as to how your logic works
It's amazingly simple. I have seen how many negative posts you've put on this forum over the years. It adds up to a LARGE amount time... Is that what you want your legacy to be?

Perhaps so... To each his own. And I'm in no position to tell anyone what they should want. I respect your decision... Believe me, I do. That's what I love about America.

But my point is also sound: If you take that very same time that you spend here putting negative comments on this forum, and put it toward something esle.... say.... almost anything... you could seriously help / change someone's life / impact / blah / blah / blah... You know all of this already....

Logic is solid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 05:50 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,881,279 times
I'm known as an *******, so yes, that's the legacy I'm driving towards

Old 01-23-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
I'm known as an *******, so yes, that's the legacy I'm driving towards
Seriously dude. I'd love an honest answer to the "legacy" question. I know that complaining is the "path of least resistance" for most people. But I find it hard to understand how it leads to real fulfillment...

Old 01-23-2011, 03:14 PM

Ok, for an honest answer to the legacy question: I'm not trying to leave one behind and don't care what people on the internet think of me.

Nor am I looking for real fulfillment from the internet.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:02 AM

93,392 posts, read 124,052,832 times
Quote:
Ok, for an honest answer to the legacy question: I'm not trying to leave one behind and don't care what people on the internet think of me.

What's ironic is that I believe that everything we post on the internet gets archived in DC somewhere. I just can't think of the place where right now though(I believe it is the Library of Congress). So, you actually do leave a legacy whether you want to care about it or not.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:44 PM

20 posts, read 40,843 times
I'll second I'minfored2 on the types of city apartments you'll find in Rochester. But I don't know about suggesting Brighton as it's a bit on the pricey side. Park Ave is personally my favorite city neighborhood. All of the suburbs are good, but rentals out there tend to be either close to the city (not always in a good way) and in complexes that are a little more secluded. I guess which one you like better makes the difference. Also, the area by Highland Park is very nice. As for those companies you listed, I know I talked with RHP once and found them helpful. They are willing to work with people a little bit. Can't say anything about the actual rentals or how they are as landlords.

BTW I'm another one who doesn't like this city (see my name), but I don't spend all day trolling about it like some others do. I mean, good luck, it's not my cup of tea here but there's better stuff to worry about (like having a roof over your head).

Old 01-30-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Ok, for an honest answer to the legacy question: I'm not trying to leave one behind
Oh how ironic! You are...

Quote:
and don't care what people on the internet think of me.
Why answer the question then?

Quote:
So, I guess that in your other walks of life (where you presumably DO look for fulfillment) you are bubbling with positivity, helpfulness and good-will toward others?

Old 01-30-2011, 10:01 AM

1) No, I'm not trying to leave a legacy or anything else behind.
2) I answered the question to be polite and explain my view.
3) Yes, I actually am believe it or not.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
1) No, I'm not trying to leave a legacy or anything else behind.
2) I answered the question to be polite and explain my view.
3) Yes, I actually am believe it or not.
#1) Cool... Thanks for clarifying... I can see how you feel that way (seriously). It is my belief that the "little things in life" count much more than we know. But I can see where you don't feel that your input to this forum is part of your legacy. It is just a forum on the Internet.

#2) Also cool. And you have always been polite and respectful in your posts. I respect that a great deal even though I don't agree with your approach. I think respectful disagreement is seriously important (and missing in modern society).

But let me make sure I got #3 right:

You're saying that you are only negative in this forum and in other walks of life you are:

Quote:
So, I guess that in your other walks of life (where you presumably DO look for fulfillment) you are bubbling with positivity, helpfulness and good-will toward others?
This is fascinating. I am actually stunned. I need to think about this one for a while.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:00 PM

I'm only negative on here because there is very, very, very little to be positive about And I'm hoping that maybe I can help others from making the poor decision to start a life here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area