Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 11:56 AM

809 posts, read 1,866,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
I think a trip through public high school would do some people a world of good. They're both present without proof of God.

God was in schools until the Atheists and Liberals lobbied him out.

Group Think in effect.

Quote:
Which brings me to a question I'm dying to ask:

Knowing the rabid devotion some have to their Earth-based faiths that center on a single individual (Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, and the like), and acknowledging the ever-present "my faith is the only TRUE faith" rhetoric, if there is another planet in the universe populated with a life form similar to humans....must they also have a Jesus/Mohammed/Buddha in order to be "saved"?

Or is Earth the only "special" planet out of countless millions?

Could be. we'll never know because we lost touch with GOD. maybe if we had stayed under his guidance we'd have the technology to go and find out if there is life on ther planets.

Lord knows we're all sick of the Moon Landing lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 11:56 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,650,218 times
Interesting. So what's the gravity of every other large object in space for? What about on, for example, Jupiter which has no solid ground to stand on at all?

Old 01-27-2010, 11:59 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,847,585 times
Default I think Hegel said the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvenie View Post
Gravity and centrifugal force are NOT the same thing.

But Einstein didn't. We are to pre-occupied by forces.

Last edited by tgnostic; 01-27-2010 at 12:02 PM.. Reason: punctuation

Old 01-27-2010, 12:03 PM

809 posts, read 1,866,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Interesting. So what's the gravity of every other large object in space for? What about on, for example, Jupiter which has no solid ground to stand on at all?

Do you know this to be fact or what NASA and the controlled media has spoonfed you? because there's no real way of knowing.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:09 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,650,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneJackson View Post
Do you know this to be fact or what NASA and the controlled media has spoonfed you? because there's no real way of knowing.
No, God told me. Har.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:18 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,748,838 times
Quote:
You know, science isn't a bad thing if one has actually studied it.

For people who talk without knowledge and thrive on paranoia, however, concepts such as 'gravity' and 'astronomy' are often misunderstood.

Read. A. Book.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:36 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,804,222 times
Quote:
[/color]

God was in schools until the Atheists and Liberals lobbied him out.

Group Think in effect.
I'm pretty sure God is anywhere she wishes to be. What was taken out of schools is your backward religious beliefs (group think), which didn't belong there in the first place according to the very foundational document of this nation and its laws.

Quote:
Could be. we'll never know because we lost touch with GOD. maybe if we had stayed under his guidance we'd have the technology to go and find out if there is life on ther planets.
If it hadn't been for the Dark Ages which folks under the guidance of your god initiated, we would probably already have colonies on the moon and Mars now and perhaps be well on our way exploring other planets beyond our solar system.

And now we have the threat of creationist quackery taking over legitimate science..

Quote:
Lord knows we're all sick of the Moon Landing lies.
Please be a POE..

Old 01-27-2010, 01:32 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,332,707 times
I'd want anybody here to actually define or explain what gravity is.
Last i read physicists cant even do that.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:47 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,944,930 times
The force by which two masses pull each other over distance. The mechanisms of gravity are under continued research, exploration, and analysis.

In other words, science has the stones to say, "We don't know yet, but it's darned good question!" rather than give up and end all exploration with "goddidit!"

Old 01-27-2010, 01:51 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,421,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
I'd want anybody here to actually define or explain what gravity is.
Last i read physicists cant even do that.
Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which objects with mass are attracted to each other. Gravity is more or less directly proportional to the mass of an object in that the more mass an object has the greater its pull will be on other objects with mass. The gravitational pull of the earth on terrestrial objects roughly amounts to 9.81 m/s. As to what causes gravity (other then mass) that is debatable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality