Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 08:15 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,576,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Stealing Ica figurines from another country had nothing to do with support for my religion. I was in South America back then looking for shipwrecks off the coast of Ecuador. I was not there looking to steal Ica figurines from Ancient Temples.
Yet you continue to use them as alleged proof of your beliefs. Of course, actually having the nerve to bring one out as proof would discredit your ramblings. There would then be physical evidence showing how you have once again been duped by your true gods, the con artists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 08:26 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,447,040 times
Quote:
Stealing Ica figurines from another country had nothing to do with support for my religion. I was in South America back then looking for shipwrecks off the coast of Ecuador. I was not there looking to steal Ica figurines from Ancient Temples.
Campbell34, did you take pictures of the ica stones that you saw? Were they similar to ones that can be seen on the internet? I am curious if you saw any other designs. If you have pics can you post them?

I think that the Ica stones are real as well as the Ambarco figurines. One day I will go down and look at them myself.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:59 AM

50,093 posts, read 20,850,068 times
Quote:
How has my hard evidence been discredited, when todays science refuses to do a scientific review on that evidence? Even you should be able to recognize it requires a scientific review to discredit evidence. Oh thats right, it appears to me, you believe one's own personal opinion is equal to a scientific review. I believe real fools are those who dismiss evidence, based only on one's personal bias. And time after time I have asked people here to give me the names of the labs, the times when such reviews have occured, and the names of the scientist who were involoved in such reviews. And all I get is silence. And that is because no such reviews have ever occured. So you can't give the name of a lab, or a time of review, or the names of the scientist involoved in such a review. And that is because such evidence was never discredited, it was (IGNORED).
I'm afraid that this is just the same sort of cheat as 'God exists unless disproved' or 'unless you turn a butterfly into a mammoth' or 'Stonehenge is an Alien power grid until the nutty theory is scientifically disproved in serious research, peer - reviewed by accredited scientists'.

The Ica stones look dodgy, the claims of fakery are dismissed by you as somehow proving that they must be real. Your claim that they were traded before all this hoohah has not been substantiated, and nor has you claim that creationist billions are so tied up in feeding the poor that they can't afford to do a bit of proper scientific research.

There is no provenance, no matching examples on Peruvian pottery or jewellery that had been found in the course of a proper dig as opposed to being found in a mysterious cave in mysterious circumstances. The date of these civilizations should imply that dinosaurs, if happily co - existing with peruvian indians, should be found lying around in organic profusion. There is nothing apart from the usual stone fossils.

There is really not enough basic credibility for your claim to justify reputable science spending time on this. Let the creationists supply the support and research. let them make their case, if there is one.

Don't think we are going to fall for the trick of saying that we must either disprove it or accept it. YOU people made the claim; you have heard the objections. You dismiss them. Please yourself. But remember YOU are trying to persuade us. But you see to be pulling the trick, as I called it and which it is, of expecting us to accept the unsubstantiated unless WE disprove it.

Doesn't work like that. And even if it was disproved. Would you listen? No more than you did to me when I trashed the east gate prophecy.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:27 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,944,847 times
Default As I said above...

Campbell34 has his own set of rules, as I outlined above. He does not see evidence nor facts nor proofs the same as others do. That's obvious from his arrogant posts above:

"...please don't confuse your assumptions with facts. I'm the one here who displays hard evidence, you present your theories based on someone else's assumptions."

His information, gleaned from Answers in Genesis or The Creation Institute are considered inviolate by him, even though everything from these completely discredited web sites is fantasy, made up by their lying writers to provide fodder for their flock to regurgitate on command.

Never... let me repeat, NEVER, has Tom or YSM or NIKK ever provided a single link from an accredited source, such as The Journal of Human Genetics, The American Journal of Biochemical Research, The Genetics Journal, The Journal of Sedimentology, The Journal of Paleontology... you get the idea.

Such Journals do not allow rabid, inaccurate purposefully prevaricative mis-information to be presented soley to confuse or mis-lead a layperson reader. Faker authors cannot get away with it when they run into honest, rational thinking posters, which we have many of here, but they must press on as directed by the Hive Mentality.

And so, we will never hear the end of "proofs of underwater civilizations", "proofs of Ica burial stones", of nonsense "Acambara dinosaur figurines", "the bible proved out by archeology" and of "Ark on Ararat". It does bring a cheer to the hearts of scientifically illiterate Christians, because they temporarily think their side is winning.

Sadly though, in fact, their side is losing the propaganda war, and rather quickly now, in light of irrefutible, established and believable fact-based studies that continue to expose the truth about our ancient world and how we all got here.

We come to them to bring the truth, but they do not want to hear or acknowledge it. Ever. Thus, they will go to their empty deaths clinging to hopeless, silly, fantasy-filled fables, stumbling over the growing pile of incontrovertible logic and fact that we pile in their path.

but they need to be aware: we will also never allow them to have their day, to spread such lies openly without correction. Their influence will fade like ancient tribal myths and practices about sun gods and virgin sacrifices.

Ignorance always loses out. It's only a matter of time and perseverance! Many of us have both.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:05 PM

Default More Logical Tripe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Might I suggest 2285 BCE.

Since the date of Solomon's reign is agreed to be about 950[+/- 50]BCE, we can calculate the time of the flood using this chronology. Starting with Solomon and working backward, we have:

950BCE +480 +430 +135 +70 +29 +30 +30 +30 +34 +30 +35 +2= 2285BCE.
[/i]

A Critical Look at Noah's Flood

So, as 2285BCE was smack bang in the middle of the golden era of Egyptian pyramid building, how did they manage to do it whilst being miles under water?
And, let's not forget those disembarking T-Rexs were therefore here only 2500 years ago, and yet NOT A SINGLE DATED artifact fossil ever found which has been carbon14 dated to that timeframe or even close to it. No saddled Brontosaurs (I know, Apatosaurs, but when dealing with childhood fantasies, you gotta use names they remember from the Sunday School comic books, right?). Nary a single fossil dino with a spear-point embedded into it, as we have found with many mammoths and other early mammals who actually co-existed with man.

Or hows about a velociraptor with it's guts filled with also-fossilized modern mammal remains? We have, after all, early tigers preserved in mud or glacial ice (snow leopards, for example) with easily identified modern mammal remains in their guts. What, then, did those starving disembarking T-Rexs and veloci-RAPTORs eat? Seeds? That's a lotta seeds each day, folks! About ten tonnes I'd say. The source? Noah's garden? In that salty mountain-top soil with a growing season of about four weeks at that altitude.

Oh, and what about the breathable oxygen levels @ 15,000 feet elevation? Sigh...pass out... die.

And as our far more scholarly Chinese friends... why didn't they happen to notice the T-rexs strolling through the castle gardens from time to time? (Now don't mention their winged [won't work aerodynamically] or fire-breathing [Tom, tell us about the technology/methodology/volatile but strangely non-toxic fuel type used in such an impossible feat.] dragons, Those were clearly mythic; the Chines do not believe in them. Only you do, as pseudo-dinosaurs.

Did the dinos have asbestos, (a rock, BTW) mineral or brick linings in their mouths? No record of that, unless it's a really vague chapter in the bible; "and Abraham saw the iron-mouthed sheep approacheth him, and he did run!"

Truth be known, no amount of even the most basic logic will ever dissuade the childish beliefs in this nonsense story. There's no Ark remnants (watch him come back with his tired old story about the basalt outcroppings on Ararat... just watch! Predictable as clockwork! The autobot returneth).

There would have to have been about 600 million species on board to ensure reproductive success, and the biblical authors, knowing NOTHING about animal ecology, didn't write this into the story. Oooppsss.

Of course, how could they have known there are, now actually counted, over 30M (and counting) known species on this planet, all of which would have required sanctuary in that there's to be no subsequent "Evolvin'" goin on roun' He-yah!. Times 10 each (actually, more like 50, but let's skip reality for now...). That's 300 M. Oh, and that's only species type, not gender. So, really, let's make it a cool 600M species on board.easily calculated by any dunce-head, and absolutely required.

Crowded? Nahhhhh.....

A crowded, creaking, leaking barge, sealed with old tar and leaves, in a 18 mo long storm-fest is hardly the ideal ecological preserve, huh? And when they disembarked on the top of a mountain, there was absolutely nothing to eat for at least another two or three years, what with total global salinity and flood desecration. I mean, it says right there that God decided to kill off ALL the animals and plants and things that crawled upon the earth or swam in the seas.

Actually, even if you could have gotten that many dangerous species on board, there just might have been some tension between the Bengal tigers, the T-Rexs and the sheep, lambs, antelope, cowd, chickens, quail, turkeys, ptarmigans, arctic wolves, polar bears, grizzly bears (they always hanging around down at the temperature-controlled saltwater tanks where the dozens of global species of salmon were being kept and fed).

However, do not expect any proper response, such as "You know, you may have a point there! I'll look into it with an open mind!" Logic is left out of their persistent entreaties. Of course that's the way it is, else it all collapses like dried out T-Rex dung. (Weeeooooowww. What's that smell?)

Hahahahahahahha to this entire idea! Ain't gonna happen. Children prefer fairy-tales, never the truth.

But Tom's and YSM's sillier-than-truth versions and defences are nontheless quite entertaining. Their "arguments" have all the quality and scientific credibility as a season of The Bachelorette, Season Three!

So. to the OP; here's another so-called archeological proof of the bible down the drain. Until they actually find a viable, provable Ark, loaded with dino dung, sorry. No conclusion there. (don't hold your breath). oh, here comes more of tom's tired old story. Again, like clockwork!

Aaaannnd... Here's Tom!

Old 08-20-2009, 01:29 PM

Wink Here's to the non-believers!

In MY never-ending open-minded quest for the truth (also known as The Internet these days; why look anything up anywhere else?), I came across this interpretive review of biblical dinosaur theories.

You know; Bibliosaurus prevaricarus maximus; rflmn 2009?

..or, perhaps, we'll see proof of Christodon saddlareus crazicariform?

Please, enjoy. It's the God's truth. I mean, it's right here on the same Internet that Tom & YSM quote and rely on, and it even uses the bible as a source book!

Tim Farrell uses the Internet » Dinosaurs in the Bible

(WARNING: Kleenexs to dab your eyes should be placed nearby beforehand!)

Old 08-20-2009, 02:10 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,851,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
So, as 2285BCE was smack bang in the middle of the golden era of Egyptian pyramid building, how did they manage to do it whilst being miles under water?
Sandbags! What's the saying? You can do anything you set your mind to when you have vision, determination, and an endless supply of expendable labor, oh, and sand.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:18 PM

Default but Wait! This is SO CONVINCING!

Especially the paragraph about BOOK SALES!

9 Ideas to Enlarge Your Ministry Using Dinosaurs (The Great Dinosaur Mysteryâ„¢ and the Bible) - ChristianAnswers.Net

The Great Dinosaur Mystery and the Bible (book) - ChristianAnswers.Net/catalog

Or this fine credible book, preceded by this enlightening quote from Ken Hemphill, it's money-grubbing author:

"The Sunday School is the finest integrated church growth tool on the market today!..."

Amazon.com: Revitalizing the Sunday Morning Dinosaur: A Sunday School Growth Strategy for the 21st Century (9780805461749): Ken Hemphill: Books

Let's make sure they get to your kid's heads before an unbiased educator does.

Nowadays, whenever I get around some very young kids, which is easy because my wife is a kindergarten teacher, and children's choral director, I always steer the conversation to some biblical bull$yte topic, and make sure that they at least think about alternatives. With simple sessions such as

"what do you kids know or think about dinosaurs? "

"where do you think they came from" There will always be one or two innocent Christian kids in the group, so off we go, for about 4 minutes (short attention spans, you know..)

I simply ask the group if they think it's logical or reasonable or even possible that God just popped a big ol' T-Rex into exsitance out of nothing?

"And what do you think they ate, with those big teeth? Salad? " Peales of laughter, and "nooo" "Did anyone here see Jurassic Park" I ask?)

And what about the ones we dig up from the mud and ancient rocks? I tell them about my neat Doctorate friend that can come and talk to them. You know, the one who is digging out fossils from recently exposed rock that dates back a few tens of millions of years.

Some of them have actually visited this site, when they opened it up briefly for shcool kid visits last year, and they will not be convinced, ever again, that dinos co-existed with man just 2000 years ago.

"That's silly!" is their truth-laden response! And since they all, as a group, believe it, it's also enforced by group agreement. Strong stuff.

I pretty much have that joint group consensus on that one before the 4 minutes are up..

Must cause havoc next week at Sunday School, huh? No wonder they're scared ,what with the truth wandering around out there, talking unabashedly and completely unafraid any more of being burnt alive in the town square and all.

Difference between my proselytizing and Christianity's? Mine are not all illogical lies, and I have the truth and evidence to back it all up. They do not argue every single point just for the sake of preserving their ingrained silly belief system, and they are also inherently logical, those fresh young minds.

A great time to make the right impressions, huh?

Can you spell "archeology"?? How about "intransigent"?? Now lets define them!

Old 08-20-2009, 09:30 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,987,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Campbell34 has his own set of rules, as I outlined above. He does not see evidence nor facts nor proofs the same as others do. That's obvious from his arrogant posts above:

"...please don't confuse your assumptions with facts. I'm the one here who displays hard evidence, you present your theories based on someone else's assumptions."

His information, gleaned from Answers in Genesis or The Creation Institute are considered inviolate by him, even though everything from these completely discredited web sites is fantasy, made up by their lying writers to provide fodder for their flock to regurgitate on command.

Never... let me repeat, NEVER, has Tom or YSM or NIKK ever provided a single link from an accredited source, such as The Journal of Human Genetics, The American Journal of Biochemical Research, The Genetics Journal, The Journal of Sedimentology, The Journal of Paleontology... you get the idea.

Such Journals do not allow rabid, inaccurate purposefully prevaricative mis-information to be presented soley to confuse or mis-lead a layperson reader. Faker authors cannot get away with it when they run into honest, rational thinking posters, which we have many of here, but they must press on as directed by the Hive Mentality.

And so, we will never hear the end of "proofs of underwater civilizations", "proofs of Ica burial stones", of nonsense "Acambara dinosaur figurines", "the bible proved out by archeology" and of "Ark on Ararat". It does bring a cheer to the hearts of scientifically illiterate Christians, because they temporarily think their side is winning.

Sadly though, in fact, their side is losing the propaganda war, and rather quickly now, in light of irrefutible, established and believable fact-based studies that continue to expose the truth about our ancient world and how we all got here.

We come to them to bring the truth, but they do not want to hear or acknowledge it. Ever. Thus, they will go to their empty deaths clinging to hopeless, silly, fantasy-filled fables, stumbling over the growing pile of incontrovertible logic and fact that we pile in their path.

but they need to be aware: we will also never allow them to have their day, to spread such lies openly without correction. Their influence will fade like ancient tribal myths and practices about sun gods and virgin sacrifices.

Ignorance always loses out. It's only a matter of time and perseverance! Many of us have both.
I believe all evidence should be considered and not ignored. Yet it appears science sees evidence differently than I do. When evidence agrees with their theory, they imbrace it. And when evidence does not agree with their theory they ignore it. And that is why the evidence you scoff at, you do so without any real scientific review. Nor can you give me any proof of such a review. It really comes down to your personal opinion and not real science. If I'm wrong, can you give me the dates they did a scientific review of the El Toro Figurines, or the Ica burial stones, ect? I would say that unless such a review can be shown to me, it is not I who's beliefs are based on ignorance here. And I believe such a review would confirm the Biblical account. So rifleman, can you show me such a review? Or will you continue to give us more pages of personal opinions about me, without ever answering my question?

Did science ever do a scientific review on the El Toro figurines, or the Ica burial stones? (YES) or (NO).

Last edited by Campbell34; 08-20-2009 at 09:40 PM..

Old 08-21-2009, 06:02 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,763,925 times
Ica stones - YES. http://www.bibleandscience.com/otherviews/swift.htm Scientific review by bible believing scientists--even YOU should be able to get it. Of course, there is quite a bit of secular review available as well, but this particular review should get'cha right where you live.

El Toro - hard to test when those who have the figurines refuse all access to science (Why? Because they KNOW they'll be exposed as fraudulent pieces).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality