Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 11:08 AM

71 posts, read 112,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
In Isaiah 45:18 the God of the Bible tells us He created the heavens and formed the earth. He also said He did not create the earth to be a (waste place), but formed it to be (inhabited). So it appears there are other places God created, and considered them to be (waste places) that are (not inhabited). We see these empty waste planets today, yet few people living thousands of years ago would of understood this.
Also, Jesus speaking to others in John 3 stated. If I have told you people about earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you about heavenly things? Christ mission was the Salvation of man. No doubt He could of spoke much more about the universe, yet this was not His main mission. And it also appears He doubted that few would believe His account anyway.
Are you referring the heavens to the rest of the universe? and were not even sure if the rest of the universe is lifeless. We haven't even left the boundaries of our own galaxy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/herbivore/spaceb.jpg (broken link)

The earth is so small almost like a grain of sand compared to the rest of the world. Why is that this is the only thing god talks about. And if God didnt create the rest of the universe, who did? And if the rest of the universe doesn't have an intellegient design, why should we be the exception?

Just throwing out a few questions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 11:39 AM

10 posts, read 16,552 times
It seems to me that the bible is a 2000 year old book that was written with pre-scientific knowledge. If the bible was the word of god, im sure he would have talked abut things such as the universe. Unfortunately, he did not. Making me wonder, did humans like me and you write this book?

Old 05-03-2009, 01:50 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,975,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adryan View Post
Are you referring the heavens to the rest of the universe? and were not even sure if the rest of the universe is lifeless. We haven't even left the boundaries of our own galaxy.

The earth is so small almost like a grain of sand compared to the rest of the world. Why is that this is the only thing god talks about. And if God didnt create the rest of the universe, who did? And if the rest of the universe doesn't have an intellegient design, why should we be the exception?

Just throwing out a few questions
God stated He created all of it, so it matters little what we know or understand of the universe. It is God that is aware of it's magnitude.
God talks about the earth, because what God loves the most about the world, are the humans that live here. And God is now choosing those of us who desire to follow Him into eternity.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:53 PM

71 posts, read 112,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
God stated He created all of it, so it matters little what we know or understand of the universe. It is God that is aware of it's magnitude.
God talks about the earth, because what God loves the most about the world, are the humans that live here. And God is now choosing those of us who desire to follow Him into eternity.
Could you state the verse where he mentions that he created all of it?

I think its crazy how the whole universe revolves around us

Last edited by adryan; 05-03-2009 at 02:04 PM..

Old 05-03-2009, 02:00 PM

the universe does not revolve around earth. you just feel like it does cause you think your special in your own arrogant mind .

I have a question, if humans get to go to heaven..what about ants, worms, trees, flowers etc...?

Old 05-03-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adryan View Post
Could you state the verse where he mentions that he created all of it?

I think its crazy how the whole universe revolves around us
Isaiah 44:24

Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb, "I, the LORD, am the maker of all things, Stretching out the heavens by Myself And spreading out the earth all alone,

It may sound crazy, but I know it is all true.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devynlotto View Post
the universe does not revolve around earth. you just feel like it does cause you think your special in your own arrogant mind .

I have a question, if humans get to go to heaven..what about ants, worms, trees, flowers etc...?
The Bible speaks of, and focuses on the human condition. Jesus did tell those around Him, that if He speaks of earthly things and they do not believe Him, how can He speak of heavenly things? I know that Jesus Christ is real, I have had some real encounters with Him over the years. He is a God of wonder.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
It seems to me that the bible is a 2000 year old book that was written with pre-scientific knowledge. If the bible was the word of god, im sure he would have talked abut things such as the universe. Unfortunately, he did not. Making me wonder, did humans like me and you write this book?
The Bible is a Book about Gods relationship with man. Yet it does speak of things that science was not aware of at the time the Bible was written. The Bible states that near the end of time, an Asteroid will strike one of earths seas, and it will destroy one third of the ships, and one third of the marine life in that sea. Asteroids were discovered about 1600 years after the New Testament was written. Yet the Bible clearly describes one. If the Bible only had humans involoved in it's creation, such an event would never of been spoken of. Only in our time are the dangers of Asteroids being considered. Yet the Bible spoke of such a thing 2,000 years ago.

Spaceflight Now | Breaking News | Map shows 900 asteroids that could threaten Earth

Old 05-03-2009, 03:50 PM

Maybe they saw something fall from the sky during that time(like a rock?) and someone imagined the possiblity of it being 100x worse. It is so vague...You have to remember that the people who wrote this were humans, they had brains and were very intelligent aswell. I dont know how you can relate what that said to a God..

I have another question..
How can something with no matter create something with matter? The way i think of it like how can air (god) make land? It sounds a bit mythical too me.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Maybe they saw something fall from the sky during that time(like a rock?) and someone imagined the possiblity of it being 100x worse. It is so vague...You have to remember that the people who wrote this were humans, they had brains and were very intelligent aswell. I dont know how you can relate what that said to a God..

I have another question..
How can something with no matter create something with matter? The way i think of it like how can air (god) make land? It sounds a bit mythical too me.
Well the problem with that theory is the fact that the Bible does not make up stories. The Bible clearly states that at the time of the end, the Jewish people will return to their land from a worldwide exile, and they will establish themselves back in the land of Israel, and they will retake Jerusalem. The Bible also tells us, that their return will anger many nations around the world, and one of earths final wars will be fought over the control of Jerusalem. Also, Scripture tells us their return will occur during the time that the nations of the East will be able to field an army of 200 million men. Israel declared itself a nation in the year 1948, and China stated in 1960, that they now could field an army of 200 million men. They quoted the very same number found in the Bible. Also, the Bible tells us that at this time, Jerusalems East gate will have a porch Gate added to the orginal Gate, and that Gate will be sealed shut and remain so until the Prince to come appears and opens it. Today, Jerusalem has a Porch Gate added to the Old East Gate which was buried thousands of years ago by the Romans. And the Porch Gate was sealed up hundreds of years ago by non-believers of the Bible. As you get into the prophecies of the Bible, you soon discover there are way to many things being fulfilled, and often those prophecies are being fulfilled by those who do not believe the Bible.
The Bible has been telling us the truth all along, yet as the Scriptures point out, few will want to believe it.

Another question on might ask one's self, is how can something come from nothing? God is a Being that is beyond our understanding, yet for the believer someday all those questions will be answered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality