Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2009, 09:47 AM

33,622 posts, read 37,267,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
DUDE!!!! We've shown you time and time again the evidence of the Ica stones being A HOAX. Even the hoaxster ADMITTED THAT HE AND HIS WIFE CREATED THE STONES.

Get a clue already. HOAX = NOT REAL. FAKE. BOGUS. A SCAM. Get it?
Well, as PT Barnum said...."There is a sucker born every minute"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 09:53 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,409,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Well, as PT Barnum said...."There is a sucker born every minute"
Wow

The atheists have discovered and exposed yet another critical old fossil: "Meltdown Man".

Old 05-04-2009, 03:40 PM

9,496 posts, read 12,949,419 times
Default This just in! A new branch of Scince.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
It's only dead in the minds of those who only believe in selective science. Because a true believer in the scientific method would consider and support a true scientifice review of this evidence.
"SELECTIVE SCIENCE"!!!

A new branch of scientific inquiry, roundly applauded by all newparticipants, those who failed in all their logic and science classes at University, or who tried to put one over on the real scientific community:

Variously:

Room Temperature Fusion;

Perpetual Motion Machines;

Geese genetically modified to lay eggs of solid gold;

200 mpg carburettors utilizing water;

Diets that "melt away" the fat in days;

Mexican "Laetrile" as an absolute cancer cure;

The literal Noah's Ark*;

Insta-Poof creationism*;

Come on guys; I've got to have missed a few. Help me out here!

They even have thier own publication: The Journal of Irreproducible Results (that one actually exists...).

*While it is against the C-D Terms & Conditions to make jokes about the other guy's religion, we atheists have all been accused by many fundamentalist Christians here of having atheism or Evolution as a form of religion, which of course it is not. Or of being stubborn, ignorant or insulting when we just ask simple questions.

They also, reliably, page after post after thread, directly insult the honesty and integrity all of us involved in the real and hard professions (engineering, biosciences, nuclear physics, medicine, genetics, paleontology). all accused relentlessly of "selectively ignoring" facts that don't fit their pre-determined conclusions.

Since it's probable that nothing is further from the truth, and that science continues to self-police itself more rigorously than any other group, what then can we say about these unkind words?

Can we poke a bit of fun at their less logical "inerrancies"? I hope so.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:47 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,990,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
"SELECTIVE SCIENCE"!!!

A new branch of scientific inquiry, roundly applauded by all newparticipants, those who failed in all their logic and science classes at University, or who tried to put one over on the real scientific community:

Variously:

Room Temperature Fusion;

Perpetual Motion Machines;

Geese genetically modified to lay eggs of solid gold;

200 mpg carburettors utilizing water;

Diets that "melt away" the fat in days;

Mexican "Laetrile" as an absolute cancer cure;

The literal Noah's Ark*;

Insta-Poof creationism*;

Come on guys; I've got to have missed a few. Help me out here!

They even have thier own publication: The Journal of Irreproducible Results (that one actually exists...).

*While it is against the C-D Terms & Conditions to make jokes about the other guy's religion, we atheists have all been accused by many fundamentalist Christians here of having atheism or Evolution as a form of religion, which of course it is not. Or of being stubborn, ignorant or insulting when we just ask simple questions.

They also, reliably, page after post after thread, directly insult the honesty and integrity all of us involved in the real and hard professions (engineering, biosciences, nuclear physics, medicine, genetics, paleontology). all accused relentlessly of "selectively ignoring" facts that don't fit their pre-determined conclusions.

Since it's probable that nothing is further from the truth, and that science continues to self-police itself more rigorously than any other group, what then can we say about these unkind words?

Can we poke a bit of fun at their less logical "inerrancies"? I hope so.
Where was science when over 30,000 figurines were discovered in Mexico that time testing showed to be thousands of years old? Where was science when Ica burial stones are found that depict dinosaurs? Where is science now when a city discovered West of Cuba was found a half mile below the seas surface? I could list many more examples of science ignoring evidence. It appears, they are only intrested in evidence that supports their theory of Evolution, or does not put the theory into question. These are not unkind words, they are valid questions that deserve honest answers. Could it be, that this evidence is ignored because some in the scientific field are the one's who really have reached those pre-determined conclusions?

Old 05-05-2009, 03:03 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,990,223 times
Quote:
DUDE!!!! We've shown you time and time again the evidence of the Ica stones being A HOAX. Even the hoaxster ADMITTED THAT HE AND HIS WIFE CREATED THE STONES.

Get a clue already. HOAX = NOT REAL. FAKE. BOGUS. A SCAM. Get it?
If the Ica burial stones are a Hoax, why do we have a Spanish priest from the year 1525 asking the question. What are those strange animals found carved on Ica burial stones? Maybe you should consider historical facts first, rather then only personal beliefs. Did your HOAXSTER live back in 1525? LOL

Old 05-05-2009, 07:27 AM

1,787 posts, read 4,764,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If the Ica burial stones are a Hoax, why do we have a Spanish priest from the year 1525 asking the question. What are those strange animals found carved on Ica burial stones? Maybe you should consider historical facts first, rather then only personal beliefs. Did your HOAXSTER live back in 1525? LOL
How many times did your mother drop you on your head as a child? There are reams of evidence showing that the stones are a complete hoax and yet you still continue to believe that they're real? I dare you to go out and Google "Ica stones hoax" and read the first ten links that come up. I know you won't, because you don't want to learn anything, and you certainly don't want to admit out loud that your crazy fundie hallucinations aren't real.

Well, I guess somebody has to be at the bottom of the IQ bell-curve and you're filling that position quite handily.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:38 AM

Quote:
How many times did your mother drop you on your head as a child? There are reams of evidence showing that the stones are a complete hoax and yet you still continue to believe that they're real? I dare you to go out and Google "Ica stones hoax" and read the first ten links that come up. I know you won't, because you don't want to learn anything, and you certainly don't want to admit out loud that your crazy fundie hallucinations aren't real.

Well, I guess somebody has to be at the bottom of the IQ bell-curve and you're filling that position quite handily.
Actually I'm beginning to wonder if we are all the victims of a hoax here...C34 just may not be real, but is in fact a web bot, programmed to repeat the same nonsense over and over again. It seems that the programming cannot be changed. I have noticed that he has made the exact same responses on other forums that he makes here, and it has been going on for a number of years.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:44 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,409,638 times
Quote:
Actually I'm beginning to wonder if we are all the victims of a hoax here...C34 just may not be real, but is in fact a web bot, programmed to repeat the same nonsense over and over again. It seems that the programming cannot be changed. I have noticed that he has made the exact same responses on other forums that he makes here, and it has been going on for a number of years.
But have you noticed that unlike those other forums, he is not allowed to use the same interesting vocabulary here as those others allowed.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
But have you noticed that unlike those other forums, he is not allowed to use the same interesting vocabulary here as those others allowed.
Yes, that has been noticed, but the basic content of the posts remains the same.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:57 AM

1,787 posts, read 4,764,605 times
Quote:
A fundie-programmed Turing machine? It all makes perfect sense now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality