Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2009, 11:14 AM

33,633 posts, read 37,297,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Actually sanspeur, God rested on day seven, and the Bible tells us that one day with God = 1,000 years. So Biblically it took thousands of years to create the Universe. Science tells us all the laws in the universe, and everything we see was made in less than one second. And science tells us the actual building block that the universe came from, was once so small that it would require a microscope to see it. Sanspeur, it is science that is telling you everything came about by a big "POOF", or a big "BANG". So it appears to me your belief is more in keeping with the Scriptures, then with science. Are you some kind of radical Christian Believer? LOL
Do you have a reading comprehension problem? How on earth do you come to that conclusion from what I posted?

You sure don't know what science really says do you, so you just make stuff up....It seems you also make stuff up about the bible....Isn't that some kind of "sin"? I have never seen it said in the bible that one day = 1000 years, and neither have you.

You are being dishonest one again, but then I suppose that is the creationist way.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 11:30 AM

133 posts, read 276,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No, but this thread is about evolution, not art. By the way, the Mona Lisa was painted on canvas, not paper.

YouTube - Bill Maher New Rules Swine flu IS EVOLUTION you religious idiots, May 1, 2009
I don't understand what you're trying to prove. We know evolution is true, and can be observed it's happening. You can still believe in the evolution process and believe in God so I am not sure what your point is.

Back to my question, if a picture can't be painted without a painter, how was the universe created without a creator?

Old 05-02-2009, 11:42 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,996,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Campbell34 wrote:

I think these situations are very different and objects don't float on ice as you suggest. Ice flows travel and objects that get trapped in the ice often are moved great distances and become embedded deep in the ice and then end up great distances from where they started from when the ice finally melts. I believe someone also mentioned that the snowfall at this particular location is very heavy.
And that's the problem with ice cores, often past conditions are not known, and those cores are often assumed to be old based on assumptions. And as I have stated before, this object did not sink in the ice, because they were able to count the hundreds of ice layers that were layered over her.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsdfz View Post
I don't understand what you're trying to prove. We know evolution is true, and can be observed it's happening. You can still believe in the evolution process and believe in God so I am not sure what your point is.

Back to my question, if a picture can't be painted without a painter, how was the universe created without a creator?
The point I was trying to make is that this thread is about evolution, and you are off topic.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Do you have a reading comprehension problem? How on earth do you come to that conclusion from what I posted?

You sure don't know what science really says do you, so you just make stuff up....It seems you also make stuff up about the bible....Isn't that some kind of "sin"? I have never seen it said in the bible that one day = 1000 years, and neither have you.

You are being dishonest one again, but then I suppose that is the creationist way.....
Oh sanspeur, in II Peter 3:8 it reads. "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

I don't have to make anything up sanspeur, it's in the Bible. And yes, I have seen it said in the Bible, and now so have you.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:04 PM

133 posts, read 276,737 times
Quote:
The point I was trying to make is that this thread is about evolution, and you are off topic.
I am not off topic. You are just refusing to answer the question. Can a picture be painted with no painter? The answer is no. Could the world and the universe we live in have been created without something creating it? If it could have, then why can't a picture be painted without the painter?

Old 05-02-2009, 12:04 PM

Science tells us all the laws in the universe, and everything we see was made in less than one second.

This is what I was saying that you made up...Science says no such thing.

Old 05-02-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Science tells us all the laws in the universe, and everything we see was made in less than one second.

This is what I was saying that you made up...Science says no such thing.
It does not matter what you want to ignore or focus on sanspeur, you would be wrong on both accounts.

CADRE Comments Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Wilkinson Microwave Anistropy Probe adds further evidence that our universe grew from the size of a marble to a volume larger than all of observable space in less than a trillion-trillionth of a second.

I find the talking snake far more believable. LOL

CADRE Comments: A Lot Can Happen in a Trillionth of a Trillionth of a Second

Old 05-02-2009, 02:06 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,667,684 times
slashsdfz wrote:
Quote:
Can a picture be painted with no painter?
The answer to the question is no but a picture is obviously something manmade and couldn't be expected to come into existence through some other means. Your comparison between a picture and the universe is a poorly chosen one because the nature of the universe is such that we don't even know what caused the big bang and set into motion the chain of events that eventually led to life and human beings. We know exactly what a picture is and where they come from so the comparison makes no sense.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsdfz View Post
I am not off topic. You are just refusing to answer the question. Can a picture be painted with no painter? The answer is no. Could the world and the universe we live in have been created without something creating it? If it could have, then why can't a picture be painted without the painter?
I answered your question in the post following it....Again I say the topic is evolution, not creation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality