Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2009, 02:20 PM

33,574 posts, read 37,202,082 times

Advertisements

This video explains macro evolution vs the creationist view.

YouTube - Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 19)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 02:53 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,980,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
slashsdfz wrote:

The answer to the question is no but a picture is obviously something manmade and couldn't be expected to come into existence through some other means. Your comparison between a picture and the universe is a poorly chosen one because the nature of the universe is such that we don't even know what caused the big bang and set into motion the chain of events that eventually led to life and human beings. We know exactly what a picture is and where they come from so the comparison makes no sense.
Well a picture is so much simpler than the inner workings of the universe. So the chances of a picture coming to pass without an artist is so much easier to believe, then the complexides of the universe coming to pass without a designer. Random chance never results in something coming to pass that demonstrates order. At least no one has ever shown us this in a controlled environment. Yet some would have us believe all that we see today, is the result of random chance. Now that is what makes no sense to me.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The point I was trying to make is that this thread is about evolution, and you are off topic.
If evolution were true, that would mean the Author of the Bible lied to us.
Yet historical discovery always shows the Bible speaking the truth. So why should we doubt it's Words now? And if the Bible shows us evolution is a false belief, how can you say we are off topic?

Old 05-02-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If evolution were true, that would mean the Author of the Bible lied to us.
Yet historical discovery always shows the Bible speaking the truth. So why should we doubt it's Words now? And if the Bible shows us evolution is a false belief, how can you say we are off topic?
Exactly, the bible lies to you, and always has. You don't even know who the authors of the bible are do you? Just the fact that evolution stands as tested fact, as you say, proves those lies in the bible...

You are off topic when you discuss origins of life, or the universe, don't you agree. After all this time and over a hundred posts, do you still not understand that those things have nothing to do with evolution?

Old 05-03-2009, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Exactly, the bible lies to you, and always has. You don't even know who the authors of the bible are do you? Just the fact that evolution stands as tested fact, as you say, proves those lies in the bible...

You are off topic when you discuss origins of life, or the universe, don't you agree. After all this time and over a hundred posts, do you still not understand that those things have nothing to do with evolution?
The topic is about evolution, and as I have stated before, evolution is a false belief. Your statement telling us the Bible always lies is also a false belief. And you have been shown numerous times where historical discovery has proven the Bible to be true. It appears you have a very short memory.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
The topic is about evolution, and as I have stated before, evolution is a false belief. Your statement telling us the Bible always lies is also a false belief. And you have been shown numerous times where historical discovery has proven the Bible to be true. It appears you have a very short memory.
You are wrong on two counts...Evolution is not a belief, anymore than the fact that night and day are caused by the rotation of the earth is a belief. Evolution is a well known and proven fact of life on earth. Your non belief cannot change that.

You have shown me no proof that the bible is accurate, but only that you believe it is.

By the way there is nothing wrong with my memory.
It appears that you have fallen into the habit of making a condescending insult in each post you address to me. For future reference know that such comments are meaningless to me, so don't waste your time on such childish jabs.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Oh my!....Would that be our gal, Sarah?
Well I don't know, but here is a link showing us an Ica native riding on a Triceratops dinosaur smoking a pipe. Image found on an Ica burial stone. I though all those dinosaures died off 75 million years ago. Well maybe some of those believers in evolution missed some of that other evidence. Of course, maybe they were to busy pressuring the courts not to allow that kind of evidence in the public schools that would expose evolutions fake timeline.

omniology.com

Old 05-03-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Well I don't know, but here is a link showing us an Ica native riding on a Triceratops dinosaur smoking a pipe. Image found on an Ica burial stone. I though all those dinosaures died off 75 million years ago. Well maybe some of those believers in evolution missed some of that other evidence. Of course, maybe they were to busy pressuring the courts not to allow that kind of evidence in the public schools that would expose evolutions fake timeline.

omniology.com
Uh oh....Back to beating that El Toro figurine and Inca dead horse some more are we?

Old 05-03-2009, 12:12 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,934,124 times
Default The gap that spans an entire society...

Quote:
This video explains macro evolution vs the creationist view.

YouTube - Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 19)
As usual, good one. The entire series is mind-boggling. But, as one Christian apologist recently said to me online, "I'm not going to watch some silly video by a bunch of idiot Evolutionists" or something to that effect.

It IS simply fascinatin' isn't it, that the stuff in this video, as blurted out by the fake fat narrator represented in this very well done series, is virtually IDENTICAL to the tired old intellectually limited and pre-determined arguments we see regularly, like clockwork (tick tock tock tock) on anti-evolution threads here on C-D.

There is obviously NO LOGICAL, COMMON-SENSE evaluation or thought carried on by those who regularly mock and demean us and what is so obvious to any rational thinker.

Not to mention the relentlessly growing mass of evidence, of even proofs (my favorite by Lenski last year, proving beyond any criticism actual accumulated speciation in those nasty little bacteria we ALL CAME FROM... Their response: "Oh yeah? well, it's only / still bacteria, and it's only micro-evolution!" Hey buddo; that's what we came from. And via that very micro-process. Glad you can read and blurt out what you're told to say, on cue!).

Our huge body of proven evidence, lined up against this sort of direct mis-information, illogic and specious lying? Nolo contendere!

Hmmm.... Can we ever hope to bridge this void, san?

Old 05-03-2009, 12:36 PM

I think this quote fits here quite nicely...

Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones.
Bertrand Russell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality