Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2009, 06:48 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,333,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
At what point did we become human and it was wrong to kill each other?
It has nothing to do with "becoming human". Most mammals do not kill, hunt or eat their own kind unless their living situation has become desperate. We didn't "become" anything, it has always been that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 02:14 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
Wow Lionpainter! I am so amazed by your predictions! You are going to be rich! You can win the money from James Randi's $1 million challenge. All you have to do is prove your psychic abilities under controlled conditions. You can do it, right?

Oh Rifleman, how was your visit from god?
Frankly, I waited and waited. I honestly awaited the Holy Spirit to visit upon me. I even took a walk near the Church where I was Baptized. Nada: no voices saying "Go into the Church! Make a significant tithe!"

In truth, I had no knowledge of this bizarre request as I'd signed off and was travelling in Canada and had no computer contact at all. That makes it all the more valid an experiment, no? A blind setup, no chance for biased interpretation by the subject?

But... perhaps God doesn't have a Canadian travel visa (they are a nation of sociaist atheists up there after all), and he'll visit me now that I'm back in the US.

Oh... I did slip and crack a couple of ribs last week while I was in Vancouver. Ouch!

And my beloved 97 yr old father fell in his apartment and I had to organize to move him, finally, into a nursing home. Sound like the hand of a loving God?

Does any of this count as a holy visitation?

Old 06-09-2009, 04:08 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,740,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
And my beloved 97 yr old father fell in his apartment and I had to organize to move him, finally, into a nursing home. Sound like the hand of a loving God?

If we're talking about the God of the Old Testament, then I'd say definitely.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:41 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,331,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Frankly, I waited and waited. I honestly awaited the Holy Spirit to visit upon me. I even took a walk near the Church where I was Baptized. Nada: no voices saying "Go into the Church! Make a significant tithe!"

In truth, I had no knowledge of this bizarre request as I'd signed off and was travelling in Canada and had no computer contact at all. That makes it all the more valid an experiment, no? A blind setup, no chance for biased interpretation by the subject?

But... perhaps God doesn't have a Canadian travel visa (they are a nation of sociaist atheists up there after all), and he'll visit me now that I'm back in the US.

Oh... I did slip and crack a couple of ribs last week while I was in Vancouver. Ouch!

Funny thing; I fell last week. Went down on right side hit hard on my shoulder, hip and head. I have two spinal fusions, one in the neck and the other in the lower back. That hurt. All because of leaving my donuts back at Duncin Donuts...
You know Rifleman the past five years of my life has been quite extraordinary. I had to take care of my Second Dad who passed away two Christmas's ago. I can't tell you how many times I got up three in the morning to drive 35 miles one way and get a my dad from the emergency room. Sometimes soaked in urine. Then it was time to take care of mom. Sometimes I was so mad at what I was going through. I ask WHY, actually, I pretty much screamed it. I lost a lot of my business to the point where I'm in the process of filing bankruptcy and probably going to loose my house. My body can't do the work that I use to. My talent gets better. Look up Etchings by roman on MySpace, but life has many challenges. And all that I have experienced, was for one reason only; so that I would remember what was spoken to me.
And now that I have remembered and grow stronger, knowing what was said to me was true, I am My Father's Son, I tell people like you. I fear no man upon this planet. I've stood up to ignorance many a time. I ran for political office once, and you couldn't believe how some people reacted when I said I believe in evolution...but anyways. I hope your Father is doing OK. And you too. I'll pray for you not because you deserve it but because I want you to have faith again.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:18 PM

1,121 posts, read 3,665,410 times
OK everyone is going to hate me.
Evolution has nothing to do with humans. It absolutely has to be evident to everyone that modern humans are the only species that do not belong on this planet. We were planted here.
Every other living creature, including those we would call humanoids, have adapted themselves to this planet in a natural way. Humans have adapted the planet to themselves.
That is the reason why I have absolutely no problem believing in evolution and the bible. I believe both have a basis in truth.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:25 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,459,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiko11 View Post
Evolution has nothing to do with humans. It absolutely has to be evident to everyone that modern humans are the only species that do not belong on this planet. We were planted here.
Every other living creature, including those we would call humanoids, have adapted themselves to this planet in a natural way. Humans have adapted the planet to themselves.
That is the reason why I have absolutely no problem believing in evolution and the bible. I believe both have a basis in truth.
So we were planted here and the planter decided to make our DNA somewhere in the vicinity of 96-98% in common with chimpanzees?

Old 06-11-2009, 04:16 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiko11 View Post
Oh, I don't think anyone is going to hate you, but some will certainly be laughing at you. You think we were planted here like tomatoes? How do you explain the fact that humans have evolved since farmer god planted his crop?

When is the harvest?

Old 06-11-2009, 04:31 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
At what point did we become human and it was wrong to kill each other?

When did human beings evolve a soul?
The same time when other Mammals did...
Humans still kill each other by the thousands every single day.
Go to a Dog Park and you will see how Mammals socialize, play and form packs. Some will fight with each other, mainly to assert dominance, but sometimes they will become violently aggressive. It's the exact same way with humans.

Humans evolved when they domesticated animals and learned about agriculture and settled down.

GO TO A NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM.

Have you ever been to one?

Old 06-12-2009, 03:04 AM

1,121 posts, read 3,665,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Oh, I don't think anyone is going to hate you, but some will certainly be laughing at you. You think we were planted here like tomatoes? How do you explain the fact that humans have evolved since farmer god planted his crop?

When is the harvest?
This is just my opinion and not meant to argue with or question anybody's beliefs because I have the utmost respect for all people and their opinions. However, I desire the freedom and respect to express mine. Even at my advanced age, I have an open mind and an open heart and just have honest questions about the universe. I personally have no issue with considering that we came from an alien race that populated various planets that could sustain beings like us. I think that eventually, natural humanoids may have developed into what we are today, but it may have taken such a long time that somebody decided that the process needed to be sped up. Why?, I have no idea. However science has proven that the humanoids that have been identified thus far are very different from modern man. There is at this time, no close link. Just consider the facts. We are foreign to this planet. If we had evolved, we would have naturally adapted. I don't buy the intelligence issue. Scientists tell us that dolphins have intelligence equal to or exceeding our intelligence and they live in the environment.. Can anybody tell me about any living being on this planet that has not adapted to the natural habitat except us? I don't know. but I would like to have the opportunity to consider that. I am not afraid to open my eyes and step out of my comfort zone and look at the possibilities in the world. The truth will always win in the end so there is no danger in our consideration. Why are so many people I meet so afraid?.

Last edited by yukiko11; 06-12-2009 at 03:36 AM..

Old 06-12-2009, 07:17 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,331,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

When is the harvest?

I couldn't help but laugh....thanks from the both of ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality