Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2023, 09:28 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
mystic, i remember you saying to others how "life" can not emerge from inert physical elements. no matter how a person mixes and stirs together a bunch of ingredients (oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, carbon, calcium, and phosphorus) they are not going to produce a human being. and i agree. living breathing humans are not built or derived by mixing together inert physical ingredients.

but it seems to me that you are contradicting that, when you say that without the physical there is no awareness. it seems to me that is tantamount to saying that awareness is derived from and dependent upon and produced by the physical. if you are comfortable with spirit existing after the physical body dies (and it sounds like you do accept that), then spirit is not reliant upon the physical body nor is it produced by the physical body. the physical body does not generate spirit.

that is the contradiction i am seeing.
You are very good/long on seeing how others contradict themselves. Yet you can't see how you tend to be the most contradictory of all. Amazing how this works with some people, and how a thread to nowhere can be stretched "to infinity and beyond!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2023, 09:38 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
You often like to point out the irrational...

Seems you are not as qualified to do so, since you express irrational ideas and illogical rationale on a regular basis. Apparently completely unaware.

Here for example, you are referred by Phet to your own opinion about how there IS a universal truth for all of us far as you are concerned. As you and others often claim if not insist.

Your response to Phet is that since he doesn't agree, your own opinion must not be invalid.

When/how did that happen all of a sudden?

Now there's some real pretzel logic for you! And oh so disingenuous. Very hard to take seriously and in the context of all this "wisdom" regarding what is awareness, oneness, consciousness, duality and the effort to make these distinctions, quite ironic, but hey! Who needs to be rational or logical here?
You have to remember that there are posters here who literally speak for god. They have apparently been appointed, and the rest of simply need to heed their words, agree with them, and do their bidding. Any other belief is heresy.

Old 02-16-2023, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You have to remember that there are posters here who literally speak for god. They have apparently been appointed, and the rest of simply need to heed their words, agree with them, and do their bidding. Any other belief is heresy.
Ultimately, regardless, universal truths are not dependent on beliefs, here say or a belief in a god. It's all the rest that is quite suspect at best. Lots of religious people have been or are heretics I might add...

Old 02-16-2023, 09:54 AM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
You often like to point out the irrational...Seems you are not as qualified to do so, since you express irrational ideas and illogical rationale on a regular basis. Apparently completely unaware. Here for example, you are referred by Phet to your own opinion about how there IS a universal truth for all of us far as you are concerned. As you and others often claim if not insist. Your response to Phet is that since he doesn't agree, your own opinion must not be invalid. When/how did that happen all of a sudden? Now there's some real pretzel logic for you! And oh so disingenuous. Very hard to take seriously and in the context of all this "wisdom" regarding what is awareness, oneness, consciousness, duality and the effort to make these distinctions, quite ironic, but hey! Who needs to be rational or logical here?
i have always and consistently said that there is no such thing as "universal truth for all of us."
because everyone experiences their own reality differently.

also because what a person labels as "truth" is entirely and purely subjective.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 02-16-2023 at 10:12 AM..

Old 02-16-2023, 09:59 AM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
You are very good/long on seeing how others contradict themselves. Yet you can't see how you tend to be the most contradictory of all. Amazing how this works with some people, and how a thread to nowhere can be stretched "to infinity and beyond!"
a public forum is for discussing concepts, views, ideas, beliefs. mystic and many others are doing that quite effectively. we seek to understand each other's views. that is part of what contributes to an excellent, robust, engaging discussion, exchange, conversation. anyone is welcome to discuss the ideas.

Old 02-16-2023, 10:46 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
woo is also purely subjective

Old 02-16-2023, 10:54 AM

16,780 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
mystic, i remember you saying to others how "life" can not emerge from inert physical elements. no matter how a person mixes and stirs together a bunch of ingredients (oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, carbon, calcium, and phosphorus) they are not going to produce a human being. and i agree. living breathing humans are not built or derived by mixing together inert physical ingredients.
Carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen ...

Old 02-16-2023, 11:14 AM

Quote:
a public forum is for discussing concepts, views, ideas, beliefs. mystic and many others are doing that quite effectively. we seek to understand each other's views. that is part of what contributes to an excellent, robust, engaging discussion, exchange, conversation. anyone is welcome to discuss the ideas.
Agreed, and part of any good discussion is asking questions, answering them and pointing out apparent inconsistencies. Addressing them...

If I misunderstood the claims made by you and others, forgive me, but it has long seemed to me that your opinion is that there is one universal truth. All that about oneness, the divine and awareness.

Of what if not the truth? Our universal truth?

Is there such a truth, one universal truth or not? Simple yes or no answer should do.

If your answer is yes as I have long understood, it's inconsistent for you to suggest simply because Phet (or anyone else doesn't agree with you), then your opinion must not be valid and/or there is no universal truth as a result.

What am I missing?

Sure seems to me that yet another universal truth is that people always think they are right about such things, largely as a result of their predispositions, whether they are right or not. People will "reconcile" their facts, reason and logic to suit their opinions whether their opinions "hold water" or don't. Whether their rationale is sound or not.

Old 02-16-2023, 11:40 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
again what is mentioned above only applies to the physical. physical life. physical universe. physical expansion. physical increase.
increase = a change in size, or number, or amount, or intensity, or degree.

all of those are measurements. spirit can not be measured or quantified in any of those ways.
only the physical can be measured. not the non-physical.

it is not a nonsequitir to say that propagation means to increase. that's what the word propagate means, here are synonyms for propagate: grow, multiply, proliferate, generate, increase, produce, sire, procreate, beget.
THERE IS NO PHYSICAL ONLY CONSCIOUSNESS (vibratory field) that manifests to our sensory system as various physical and material "icons" on the user interface interpreted by our consciousness to enable us to function. Consciousness is NOT physical. It living, not static or dead and is automatically aware.

Sorry, I have no intent to disparage the rishis, but they were wrong, IMO. They rationalized their experiences very well for the time but were limited in their understanding of the actual composition and status of our Reality as quanta (a living vibratory consciousness field, aka God, or what we call an infinite Spirit, of which we are merely "cells").

Old 02-16-2023, 11:57 AM

15,966 posts, read 7,032,343 times
Quote:
i have always and consistently said that there is no such thing as "universal truth for all of us."
because everyone experiences their own reality differently.

also because what a person labels as "truth" is entirely and purely subjective.
Have we yet seen a single example of what “universal truth for all of us” is? 10 of them.
Maybe we need to revisit what truth is. It is that which does not change. Also we must remember Science does not deal with truth. It is purely a philosophical concept. Gravity is not truth, it is a fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality