Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2014, 04:09 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic View Post
Thank you, but my God will have me sit before no other gods...even if it means my death.
Well, thanks for passing by.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 04:32 PM

472 posts, read 385,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Well, thanks for passing by.
Never mind.

Old 06-15-2014, 05:13 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,093,918 times
Quote:
Thank you, but my God will have me sit before no other gods...even if it means my death.
I believe the same can be said for all of us.

But that should be no reason people can not sit together. Each of us keeps our worship between us and our God(swt)

I do not worship the same as some who sit beside me and some who sit beside me do not worship what I worship.

But we can still sit together as seekers of Peace and a willingness to share. I need not believe as my neighbor believes to respect his sincerity in his own worship.

Just my opinion but I have never heard of God by any name, forbidding one to sit in Peace with a neighbor.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:03 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,547,555 times
Quote:
If your god says you can't have respectful and meaningful communion with others who don't believe as you do, I'm glad I don't follow your god.

Old 06-15-2014, 08:32 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Quote:
Sitting in the circle is a friendly offer...but you never said what God you serve?
I know the God of Abraham.....who also happens to be the God of many faiths. Some call this God Allah, some call this God Creator, I call this God friend.

I have attended many services of many faiths and found my friend in many of them. The only services I have not been able to stomach are those who have a liturgy that insists on following rules despite the teachings and kinship of the Creator.

One of the things I learned when I was searching and visiting various services was that I could not understand a God that was so insecure that the follower was in peril of eternal damnation if any of the rules were broken. It reminds me of Carlin's monologue:

Quote:
Religion has convinced people that there's an invisible man ... living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you and he needs money
If this is anything like the God you serve I would just as soon pass. Thank you.

Old 06-15-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I know the God of Abraham.....who also happens to be the God of many faiths. Some call this God Allah, some call this God Creator, I call this God friend.

I have attended many services of many faiths and found my friend in many of them. The only services I have not been able to stomach are those who have a liturgy that insists on following rules despite the teachings and kinship of the Creator.

One of the things I learned when I was searching and visiting various services was that I could not understand a God that was so insecure that the follower was in peril of eternal damnation if any of the rules were broken. It reminds me of Carlin's monologue:

If this is anything like the God you serve I would just as soon pass. Thank you.

No, that does not sound like my God? My God has never sent anybody to a place of fire, or eternal damnation. Nor is he like the God called Allah. My God has a son named Jesus...this God Allah does not. My God likes his name. Matter of fact, he says any one holding back his name is in a world of trouble...his name is YHWH. And yes, my God can beat your god up....so you should tell these other gods, "Do not knock the chip off my Gods shoulder...he will kick your butt."

Last edited by domenic; 06-15-2014 at 10:55 PM..

Old 06-15-2014, 09:39 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,547,555 times
Did Jesus say you can't sit with others? If so, he lied.

The answer is that you are mistaken. Jesus never said that.

Last edited by WoodstockSchool1980; 06-15-2014 at 09:51 PM..

Old 06-15-2014, 09:54 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Mother moon is still majestic, a day past her fullness.

I'm braving mosquitoes with every walk outside to admire her.

The things we do for love!

Old 06-15-2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodstockSchool1980 View Post
Did Jesus say you can't sit with others? If so, he lied.

The answer is that you are mistaken. Jesus never said that.
No Jesus never said that, nor did I say he said that. What will those in the circle talk about...football? Baseball? I know what the circle is. It is used by the native Americans who came from the land below. it is used to talk to the great Sprit...it is not my way with my god. My God commands we go off alone and talk to him.
If you go into the circle, that is your business. If I do not, is that my business, or am I your business?

Last edited by domenic; 06-15-2014 at 10:56 PM..

Old 06-15-2014, 10:51 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,093,918 times
Quote:
No Jesus never said that, nor did I say he said that. What will those in the circle talk about...football? Baseball? I know what the circle is. It is used my the native Americans who came from the land below. it is used to talk to the great Sprit...it is not my way with my god. My God commands we go off alone and talk to him.
If you go into the circle, that is your business. If I do not, is that my business, or am I your business?
Those of us that enter the sacred circle as guest will never be asked to accept that which we do not agree with. The Circle has many purposes, for here the pupose is one of peace and no words of anger to be used. Hands are to only be extended in Friendship. All weapons, angry words and desires to change others are to be left outside the circle.

There is no rules as to what must be discussed, the rule is all things said are to be done out of peace and free from anger.

We appreciate each other and have no need to make another person be like our self. the differences we all have are appreciated and not seen as a challenge to change.

I feel I am accepted as a friend here and never has anyone required me to believe as they do nor have I asked any to believe as I do. We have different worships but can still sit and walk along side each other with no need to change the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality